PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think the Pats WON'T go out of their way to embarrass the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, I beg God and his servant Josh to NOT throw deep to Matt Slater

Ehh..... It was basically an end of half hail Mary. Since this team doesn't have an actual deep speed guy, Slater's the one you throw to there (14 seconds left, out of timeouts, needing to keep time for the FG attempt).

I just want a win, I don't care what the score is. I just want it to be a clean, healthy win, without any major **** ups by the refs. If they blow them out, that would be a nice bonus, but I just want to come out of this game healthy and still undefeated.

I just want a win, I don't care what the score is. I just want it to be a clean, healthy win, without any major **** ups by the refs. If they blow them out, that would be a nice bonus, but I just want to come out of this game healthy and still undefeated.

That's a given, but I don't think I'll attain true happiness unless the Patriots are accused of running up the score by E!SPN.

The team will try to score every time they get the ball, just like the first four weeks.

to be honest, I'm sick of how so many fans and some media think this team can do whatever they want. Blow out predictions every week, they can run for 200 yards against the colts if they choose.....undefeated talk already..it's wayy too soon folks. I think it's better to take Brady's lead...winning in the NFL is tough, anything can happen any given week. I'm just going game by game.

At this point I'm thinking that, if this really is a blowout, the Colts should be extra embarrassed. They've been thoroughly and consistently humiliated in the media, with near universal predictions of a massive Patriots win*. If that doesn't get Colts players angry and up for a game, I don't know what will.

*Edit: And to think it was only six weeks ago that I saw EVERY NFL Network "analyst" pick the Colts to win the Super Bowl.

Brady's dad wants Patriots to put up 60 on Colts

“The main thing I want is to see them win. As long as they have one point more than the Colts, I’m fine,” Brady Sr. told Gary Myers. “That being said, I’d like to see them put 60 points on the board, and love to see Tom throw for 500 yards and eight touchdowns.

Brady's dad wants Patriots to put up 60 on Colts

I do not believe the Patriots "will go out of their way" for any team- just play each down accordingly. We believe they might/will, but it's obvious- when hearing player commentaries -that this is not the case, nor should it be.

However, I'll add that if the Pats find themselves in the fortunate situation of having the lead (as they have for most of the season), they will not adopt a different approach; pay no attention to someone else's (silent) rules that would otherwise diminish their scoring chances. Like Brady affirmed, we can use this time/situation in preparation for the next game.

Lastly, when players don't play in a normal way, the chances for injuries increase. They have to do what they are used to: Playing each down accordingly. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes