PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think the Pats WON'T go out of their way to embarrass the Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wouldnt mind a 10-12 123 yds 1 TD performance out of TB and see the team rush for like 400 yards and the D abuse the Colt offense. Almost like a 85 Bears performance.

Just impose their will

I think after the game the patriots are going to have someone in the room while they measure the balls after what happened last time.

This is not one of those times. The Colts are in the middle of a dumsterfire. Pagano, Gruesome and Irsay are panicking right now. Their Super Bowl dreams are fading and their #1 pick is wilting.

They do not have their crap together.

It will be a blowout and BB will decide by how much.

Yeah, that would be awesome!

Indy has talent and play-makers on its roster, and if they knew how to get their act together, the Colts could put up a pretty decent fight....maybe that time hasn't come yet. But we'll know for sure by Sunday night :cool:

As much as some people say that this game has all the traits of a trap game, and as much as I kind of have had this thought too, it's really unrealistic, the Colts are a bad team and the Pats are too good and still adjusting week in week out. There is no way the Pats lose this game, anyway BB will not work under this assumption, and he may think a big boost of confidence in week 6 will not help the team long term, it's still early and BB might feel that it's not going to be beneficial players going over their heads.

So I think he is going to keep the professional side of things in the preparation, just making sure they are going to do their jobs. Then, during the course of the game, if things go smoothly, then I can see him making them pay, after all this whole deflategate was as low as someone can go, dirty and obscene. ****ing cry babies.

Last edited:
I'm much more worried about a letdown against the Jets than I am any real problems against the Colts.
Given Revis' subsequent douchebaggery of late, I'm not concerned by any team. I'm simply sitting back and enjoying the ride.

"Go Out Of Their Way" is relative. No they won't call timeout with 20 seconds left to provide one hail mary chance at another score during a blowout game.

With that said, this game could be the ugliest score since the days when the football championship was played on a hard floor covered in hay that was left over from the circus.
We already know the Patriots have no problem keeping starters in during most of a blowout. We already know the Patriots consider continued scoring as part of their way of doing business. We all should know the Patriots view Indy as dogsh!t for deflategate absurdity (they are). And despite conventional wisdom saying otherwise, BB is human and suceptible to wanting dogsh!t getting their just desserts.

I tell you what, if the Patriots come out and score TDs on their first two possessions while Indy comes out with 3 and outs (or nearly 3 and outs), and in general the Patriots look like their extremely potent selves while Indy looks like their charmin selves? This path is very well paved for this to be a blowout and one that could end up close to being in a record book. I'd say 50 is the minimum. So if that headline making blowout is there for the taking, I would be surprised if TB and BB don't go at least somewhat out of their way to make it happen -- because it will humiliate Indy, specifically Grigson and Pagano, and that is what they deserve (and to me it will mean every once and a while there is justice in the world).

This is the team who went for it twice on 4th down against the Bills when comfortably ahead. They are now coming up against a foe that put them in a cage and let the world taunt and throw **** at them for months on end. Except now the cage door is open, the Colts are limping and the angry, hungry uncaged animal smells blood. Time to feast.

Tony Corrente is the head ref for this game. He whistled the Pats for FIFTEEN penalties against the Vikes the last time he reffed a Pats game.

Another flagfest.

Straightforward win.
No injuries.
Some time for Jimmy G to get some minutes.

Move on to the Jets.

The Colts are an irrelevance as far as I'm concerned - I couldn't give a damn if we embarrass them or not. Just win, baby.

Not sure how much more you can embarrass the Colts they do a good job all by themselves.. between the "inspirational" speeches of Sparano, Andrew Luck's Commercials and of course this..

Indianapolis where almost winning is just as good as winning.. participation trophies for all

banner.jpg

I hope they come out with the Superbowl winner badge on their shirts just as a contrast to the ****ing banner in Indy.

Alternatively, lets bring the Lombardi and keep it on the sideline throughout the game.

Alternatively, lets bring the Lombardi and keep it on the sideline throughout the game.

**** that. Bring Ty Law. And tell Reggie Wayne he can keep his bonus if he will be a captain for the game. And make McNally and Jastremski honorary captains.

I would be very happy with a win, followed by more wins, culminating in a win on February 7, 2016 in Santa Clara. I don't really care about making the Colts pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes