PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody Else have a Bad feeling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bengals D did not look that great last week in all honesty... im just saying that we can put up a ton more points; just an observation, no need to get all bent out of shape

I don’t know if it nerves as in scared maybe it’s just nervous energy leading up to the game. The Jets debacle proves there is no sure thing in the playoffs and Houston is much better than the Jets were then regardless of the recent underperformances. Assuming Denver wins convincingly vs. the Ravens I will admittedly be apprehensive given that we have to play them there. That doesn’t mean I’ll think we’ll lose but only a homerific blowhard will dismiss how tough that game will be.

Re: Journalist from Houston seeking unique places for reports

Hello, I am flying up to New England tomorrow (Wed) and I am looking for unique/interesting patriot fan places or people to visit for my reports. Any place i shouldn't miss?

What about good restaurants? I will be staying in both Providence and Boston. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - a good luck.

Jeff McShan
KHOU
[email protected]
Welcome to Tastee Diner

Patriots also don't have the Bengals defense.... so what's your point? :rolleyes:
The Pats only gave up .7 more points per game than the Bengals this season so I'd say his point has at least some merit...

Really hating the sudden plethora of "My **** is too small" threads. While it's one thing to delineate specific pros & cons and review match-ups and then as a result of cited relevant facts or opinions conclude that Houston might well win or should be favored or whatever, it's another thing to wring hands and moan in fear. Butterflies, nervousness, worry are fine and normal but just whining about it in public...time to grow a pair.

Really hating the sudden plethora of "My **** is too small" threads. While it's one thing to delineate specific pros & cons and review match-ups and then as a result of cited relevant facts or opinions conclude that Houston might well win or should be favored or whatever, it's another thing to wring hands and moan in fear. Butterflies, nervousness, worry are fine and normal but just whining about it in public...time to grow a pair.

Would you rather have a plethora thread full of arrogance in a "My **** is too big" thread? :cool: :eek: :cool: :eek:

Any given Sunday my friend

Take a sip of the Gatorade to settle your stomach and repeat these words, In Bill Belichick I trust.

Welcome to the message board, Pyerardi. Nice post.

Answer this question:

Who feels worse?

A) Vince Wilfork looking across the his own locker room and seeing Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez and Stevan Ridley getting taped up for this game, or

B) JJ Watt looking across the Patriots' visitors' locker room at Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and some other guys getting taped up?

The Patriots can focus on stopping three or four key guys. The Texans are trying to figure out where to begin.

The Texans are in the biggest game of their careers, in Foxboro, against the Patriots, again. How'd that work out for them the last time?

Assuming Denver wins convincingly vs. the Ravens I will admittedly be apprehensive given that we have to play them there. That doesn’t mean I’ll think we’ll lose but only a homerific blowhard will dismiss how tough that game will be.

I have felt this way exactly 2 times in the Brady-era.

1. At Pittsburgh in the 2001 AFCCG. I thought that team had reached its ceiling and was prepared to bid that run adieu.

2. At San Diego in the 06 divisional game. Again, I assumed facing a powerhouse team on the road with what "weapons" the Patriots had would be too tough.

I am glad I was wrong on both accounts.

Texans will overpursue Brady, who will burn them with a combination of draws, quick releases, and other skulduggery. Texans coaching staff will not adapt and will be boxed about the head and shoulders, and get back on the plane and go home defeated and shamed.

I think.

I have felt this way exactly 2 times in the Brady-era.

1. At Pittsburgh in the 2001 AFCCG. I thought that team had reached its ceiling and was prepared to bid that run adieu.

2. At San Diego in the 06 divisional game. Again, I assumed facing a powerhouse team on the road with what "weapons" the Patriots had would be too tough.

I am glad I was wrong on both accounts.

I hear you. I kinda understand where the OP is coming from. There have been times that before playoffs games I'll feel super confident all week then a few hours before the game doubt starts to creep in. I actually felt pretty good about those two games you mentioned. I remember thinking Kordell Stewart was a fraud (still do) and that the Pats were a tougher-team than SD and Schottsie was a awful playoff coach (which is also true).

The games that I was not confident about were the '05 game vs DEN for the sheer reason that it was in DEN and the Pats really didn't play anyone tough during the stretch and I hated their secondary and the running game was mediocre. The other game was vs BAL in '09 b/c of WW being out and that whole year the team seemed just off. Anway, there were times in 01, 03 and 04 that I would fret but come back to reality but those were the two games that all week gave me a bad feeling. I wish I could harness this clarvoyent skill I have but I'm afraid it'll backfire on me. :p

With this game, I'll get the moments of fretting but they'll be fleeting. Pats are gonna kick *****.

Of course, I felt that way in 2010 vs the Jets.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
What are you guys planning for this Sunday? What's your routine in the morning???

Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.
You must be a Notre Dame Fighting Irish football fan! :p

Understanding that I am late to the party I would offer up that no, I do not have a bad feeling. This is not rooted in some general sense of overconfidence. I do think that the Texans will play better this time but the addition of Gronk, the rest (that hopefully gets Dennard and Talib back on track), and the preparation lead me to believe that I should not be fearful.

I expect a closer game. I also expect that the Patriots will advance.

What's good is that we'll know Denver's fate by then...Pats could be playing to host on Conference Championship Weekend and that would make the Texans game all the more fun.

I get anxious when the Pats play regular season games so I'm pretty nervous about this one.

What are you guys planning for this Sunday? What's your routine in the morning???

Obviously your plans are to drive up to the edge of a cliff and watch the game on a portable TV from there,that way the area to jump if the Pats lose won't be that far away :cool:

No!

10 Characters

Re: Journalist from Houston seeking unique places for reports

Hello, I am flying up to New England tomorrow (Wed) and I am looking for unique/interesting patriot fan places or people to visit for my reports. Any place i shouldn't miss?

What about good restaurants? I will be staying in both Providence and Boston. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - a good luck.

Jeff McShan
KHOU
[email protected]

One of the better restaurants around here, in Cambridge, is Helmand, serving Afghan food. The odd twist is that it's run by the Karzai family -- yes, those Karzais. There's also a Helmand in Baltimore, near Johns Hopkins.

Better yet is Oishii Sushi. I saw a gossip-column blurb some years back that Tom Brady & Peyton Manning went there together. (It didn't say which of several locations; the one I go to in the town of Sudbury surely wasn't it.)

Neither, however, has any particular connection to Patriot fandom that I'm aware of.

-------------------------------

Of course, we could direct him to the Allston Steak House, or better yet to Foxy Lady. :) Help me out here, guys -- are either or both still in operation?

Last edited:
The one thing that gives me a bad feeling, this has 2010 written all over it. I mean look at it, we blew them up on MNF (sound familiar?) Now we're facing them in the divisional playoffs with a chance for Houston to get revenge. I don't know, this is all to familiar to 2010.

will say we are a better and more complete team now than 2010, and we're not facing a division rival, so there's not as much tension, and constant shifting momentum between the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News