PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody Else have a Bad feeling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should I be worried? I'm not playing against the Texans.

I'll be surprised if the Patriots lose this game. They match up well with the Texans, are playing at home and have a better team with a Hall of Fame Coach/QB combo.

Last edited:
Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

thank god i will be at the game and won't have to deal with you in the game threads

It's a football game.
You are in no danger.
You are not the team.
They are not you.
A loss does not diminish your value as an individual.

Repeat 100 times.

As long as the players are not thinking the same way as Dan Shaughnessy :). It does concern me that since we won our last super bowl in '04 we are 3-6 in the post season against teams we faced during the regular season.

Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

Bad feeling??? Not at all.
In fact I'm more confident about this team winning it all this year than I ever was last year. I like how the defense has solidified quite nicely and I love how Brady went off on this team after the sleepwalking exhibition in Jacksonville and more importantly how the team responded to him/that poor effort.

I will make this prediction though......this game against the Texans will be tougher for the Patriots than either the Broncos or the Ravens will be.
Seriously!!!
It's not that Houston scares me but it seems to be the way to playoffs go for the eventual champion. There's always that one game in the playoffs that is much closer than people thought it would be.
This will be the game. The Patriots will win it.

Was interesting listening to Gresh and Zo today and hearing them talk about the "quiet confidence" this team and their coach possess this year and how that mojo, that vibe was not present with last years team. I really do believe that. Perhaps that's why I'm so confident in them.

Last edited:
If we lose this game we are not going to play again until next season.
And when I say we I mean the Patriots, them.

Not worried because I genuinely believe in this team which gives me a lot of confidence we're going to win.

Well, I think nerves amongst fans before a playoff game are not unheard of. As for a bad feeling, I do not have one for this game.

I am not overly superstitious, but thankfully have not experienced any seemingly bad omens that may portend to an unfavorable result this weekend.

:D

I don't have anything riding on the game, so, I'm 100% not worried about it.

If the Pats/BB want to win, then they will. Barring any freak happenings such as bad injuries, bought off ref calls, looming meteors, etc.

It's a football game.
You are in no danger.
You are not the team.
They are not you.
A loss does not diminish your value as an individual.

Repeat 100 times.

Some people are really silly, aren't they?

Football players win or lose games. Not good or bad feelings.

Last edited:
If it was "just a game" to you guys, you wouldn't be posting on a message board at 1030 on a Tuesday night

I'm am nervous about all playoff games. History has proven that we are certainly not invincible. Ask the Jets or the Ravens. Do I feel good about the Texans game? Relatively so.

We are better and victory should be at hand. But our offense is a concern. Whatever anyone says there is the nagging issue of it's inconsistency. We cannot afford two quarters of great production, and two quarters of sub par production. The Texans are not likely to lay an egg like they did during the regular season but the game truly rests on whether we can avoid fumbles and drops which have been something of a plague. More importantly avoid stalling for consecutive drives.

I'm not worried about the defense unless our offense struggles to put up the performance that is expected of them. We shall see.

And I have to say Felgy made a pretty good point on the radio today. Last game the Texans were more focused on limiting our effectiveness on underneath passes which was mostly effective. Rather we won by going over the top to guys like Lloyd and Stallworth.

Do we trust our abilities to go over the top with someone like Lloyd and come out with some plays? That's been an ongoing question mark. We need that.

I havent felt this good about the team in a few years (07), Id be surprised if they dont win the SB this year and I think TB wins two more before retiring. He seems really hungry to me and I think he has the supporting cast this year.
2010 was a young team, no suprise they blew it, last year was a bad defense that was still being worked on and they came this close (fingers almost touching) to winning it all. This year Toms hungry and the D is much better than last year. Unless something flukey happens its the Super Bowl this year kids, try to enjoy it instead of puking on your shoes.

I havent felt this good about the team in a few years (07), Id be surprised if they dont win the SB this year and I think TB wins two more before retiring. He seems really hungry to me and I think he has the supporting cast this year.
2010 was a young team, no suprise they blew it, last year was a bad defense that was still being worked on and they came this close (fingers almost touching) to winning it all. This year Toms hungry and the D is much better than last year. Unless something flukey happens its the Super Bowl this year kids, try to enjoy it instead of puking on your shoes.

It was not the defense who lost against the Jets in 2010, it was not the defense that lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl, and if we lose again I doubt it will be the defense's fault either. Sure they gave up plays and folded at critical times, but their play was not comparable to that of the offense. Brady and the offense need to come to play for three straight weeks against three good teams. Otherwise we don't stand much of a chance.

Hate to bring it up but during the 2010-2011 season right before the playoffs, I feared the day that Tom Brady and the offense would struggle and the defense would not be able to save the team. The Colts and Packers games late in the year game me a huge scare. But that was 2010.

But this year, I am feeling very confident about this team. It feels like one of those years where everything just comes together.

Last edited:
Texans have the personnel to jam our wideouts at the LOS and prevent the dumpoffs...allowing the safeties come up and pretty much force Brady to beat you deep. Aiding this is a great interior DL rush, which helps the secondary out tremendously and gives them a wide margin of error to work with.

What worries me is once the Pats get flustered on offense(against i.e Jets, Giants, Ravens), they never are able to get into a rhythm until the final drive of the game when they are doing the no-huddle. By then its usually too late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back