PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody Else have a Bad feeling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

Does this mean you're going to be more unbearable than usual in the gameday thread?

Last edited:
Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

one word: nope

I'm not worried... which worries me...

I just hate when everyone is on board with the patriots winning..

Probably just diarrhea. There's a stomach bug going around. You'll get over it.

I think Baltimore 2009 and jets 2010 have scarred me

I remember feeling like the Pats were ripe for the picking before the Baltimore game, especially after Welker went down the previous week.

The Jets game on the other hand, that one hurt.

It's playoff level competition; nervous = normal.

Bad feeling - BASED ON WHAT???

Whole bunch of things Houston can do better; including THAT THEY WON'T FOLD LIKE A CHEAP TENT in 3Q like they did last time. They will keep fighting because there is no tomorrow in the playoffs. And they are a very good capable team.

But that doesnt mean there is any reason for a 'bad feeling'. Unless you think there is a TB injury that hasnt been uncovered or a CAMERA-Gate like distraction about to come out of Go-To-Hells office.

My uneasiness comes from the fact that the Pats blew out Houston only a month ago. Its very difficult to beat a team twice in a season. There is almost an extra incentive for them to play better than they did the last time.

Listen. It's the playoffs. Elimination football.

The odds are against us. It's hard to win the Superbowl. It's very likely we'll lose - if not next week the week after, and if not then 2 weeks after that.

Expect disappointment - and prize the happiness if we do win. Doing anything else will set you up for perpetual heartbreak

Last edited:
My uneasiness comes from the fact that the Pats blew out Houston only a month ago. Its very difficult to beat a team twice in a season. There is almost an extra incentive for them to play better than they did the last time.

So does this logic apply to Denver-Baltimore as well?

Houston is a good yet flawed team that hasn't been playing particularly great for a while now. I don't think they match up all that well against the Patriots. Could they win? Sure. Do I expect the Patriots will lose? No.

I am less nervous more curious...if that makes sense?

I am nervous to the extent this is a playoff, elimination game. If we play poorly, our season is over and that would suck. All eight teams remaining at this point are good teams. No team presents a guaranteed win. We are better than the Texans. I am confident that if we play to the level we are capable of, we will win.

No guarantees in football.

The Texans are a good team.

However, the Patriots have home field, and Brady and Belichick. :)

Last edited:
even though this is the playoffs this has trap game written all over it.

This is like Seahawks vs Saints from 2(3?) years ago.

Nobody is giving the Texans a chance outside of Houston and that's when things always go wrong.

Nobody gave the giants a chance in 07.

The Pats still measure up well vs the Texans(shut down foster, double Johnson. Keep 2 blockers for jj).

But yes, I'm nervous.

1) if your posts here are any indication, you're always certain that the Pats are going to lose. How is this any different?

2) not sure how the Baltimore loss surprised anyone. The offense had two weapons that year, and one of them blew out his knee a week prior to the game. 2009 was clearly not the Pats' year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes