PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody Else have a Bad feeling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always concerned when the Pats play a team good enough that it won a playoff game just the previous week.

Won or barely survived?

It's true when the Patriots are this heavily favored, does make it a bit uneasy. I just try my best not to think of the games until it's gametime, or else I will slowly drive myself insane.

Just look at it like this. We're still alive and come Sunday we're just trying to keep the season going. But enjoy the fact that we still have hopes of a championship as of today because right now 3/4 of the league doesn't.

I think Baltimore 2009 and jets 2010 have scarred me

In hindsight we can recognize that the 2009 and 2010 regular seasons featured a great deal of over-achievement. We were not yet re-built for postseason success, and to an extent our subpar performances (aided in 2009 by having no Wes and a banged-up Moss, hence no real weapons) were in some regards a regression to the mean.

I see this team as much more complete, even than the 2007 team, which was in my opinion our 2nd most talented team of the past decade (after 2004). If anything we have underachieved this regular season.

We're healthy, deeper, younger, faster

Best running game we have had since 2004

Most versatile offense perhaps ever.

A rebuilt physically and mentally strong defense.

And finally a system that seem to be a hard cover for a Wade Phillips defense, which relies on linebacker blitzing that leaves vulnerabilities in covering crossing routes.

I can find no logical reason to get worked up about this matchup.

That doesn't mean it's easy or a walkover, but it will take very odd and improbable circumstances for us to not even compete, as was the case in 2009 and 2010.

Last edited:
Journalist from Houston seeking unique places for reports

Hello, I am flying up to New England tomorrow (Wed) and I am looking for unique/interesting patriot fan places or people to visit for my reports. Any place i shouldn't miss?

What about good restaurants? I will be staying in both Providence and Boston. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - a good luck.

Jeff McShan
KHOU
[email protected]

If it makes anyone feel better the pats have been preparing for houston since last week. BB said in a recent interview that they are ahead of schedule for prep work for this game. I think the coaching staff anticipated houston winning on saturday and it turns out they were right! Houston on the other hand has less time to prepare for the patriots.

Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

I've got an easy solution for you. Bet on Houston. Bet an amount that's big enough so you'll have a bad feeling about losing it. This will counterbalance your bad feeling about the Pats losing. Also, when the Pats win, you'll be so happy about that you won't mind losing the money. Consider it you paying for the victory.

Boom, problem solved. You're welcome.

What's to be nervous about? We wait for the excitement of the Pats being in the playoffs all season long and there are people worried, scared and afraid?! It doesn't make any sense. I'm totally pumped to watch the game. This is why we're fans.

Re: Journalist from Houston seeking unique places for reports

The reason I don't think 2010 applies is the Jets had an attitude that the Texans don't have.

I'm worried about the 1 in 10 chance of the Pats completely self-destructing. Other than that, I can't see them losing. Heck, I could seem them playing like garbage and still winning, like they almost did to SF.

I have a great feeling about this game. Overall i think this year's road to a Lombardi is a much tougher road than last season, but I also think this year's team is a much better team all the way around and is in a much better position to go all the way. Whether they do or not is entirely on them but it is hard for me to conjure up bad feelings about a bye, a healthy team, and a younger, faster, better defense. This should be a really enjoyable play-off run and i'm going to do just that. I don't see any sense worrying about things I have no control over so I will kick back and enjoy it for as long as it lasts, then move onto the Draft and next season.

How does last year's bye to The Super Bowl help?
Exposing the hollow Tebow show, a Lee Evens drop for the ages, and the Kundiff shank-o-rama?
That's help?

Sterling Moore objects.

I'm always reluctant to crow about health. For example:

• Brady has only been knocked out of a game twice in his entire career. But he often takes hits that seem to hamper him a bit for a while.
  • Gronk is playing hurt.
  • Mankins seems to be playing hurt.
  • The reporters think Welker is hampered.

Exposing the hollow Tebow show, a Lee Evens drop for the ages, and the Kundiff shank-o-rama?
That's help?

Yeah, I feel good heading into the playoffs this year but offering up those 2 games as confidence builders to someone who's worried is a total placebo at best.

How is it a placebo? The author stated the consecutive one and dones in the playoffs scarred him. I offered up evidence of two wins against two playoff teams in the most recent year in the memory banks. Should I have gone back to 2007 or 2004 to reassure him?

Goozefraba I guess... Can't believe it's only Tuesday.. I think I'll feel better on Saturday after the games start

In recent playoff games, we have had some uncharacteristic turnovers which is concerning. If we don't turn it over, we'll win. As long as Woodhead isn't fumbling on kickoffs like he did in last year's Ravens game, we'll be fine :)

The score of the Monday night Pats-Texan game made it look like a blowout, but 3 of the TDs we scored were uncharacteristic Pats TDs(Prayer TD to Stallworth, blown coverage TD to Lloyd, fumble recovery TD to LLoyd).

I do remember the Pats sputtering alot in that Texan game offensively. I remember several 3 and out possessions. Those 3rd and 4 situations need to be executed to precision this time around. No more Hernandez drops please.

Matt Schaub doesn't worry me at all. He needs that 900 step drop back play action fake to be effective. His game isn't versatile enough nor is the team's play calling to beat us. Pats have to beat themselves to lose this game

That's help?

Yeah, I feel good heading into the playoffs this year but offering up those 2 games as confidence builders to someone who's worried is a total placebo at best.

Uh, Tuck Rule?

Plenty of opportunities arise. The team that takes advantage prevails. That's what that situational football nonsense that BB preaches is all about.

Last edited:
Re: Journalist from Houston seeking unique places for reports

Hello, I am flying up to New England tomorrow (Wed) and I am looking for unique/interesting patriot fan places or people to visit for my reports. Any place i shouldn't miss?

What about good restaurants? I will be staying in both Providence and Boston. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - a good luck.

Jeff McShan
KHOU
[email protected]

Jeff, you can find it ALL at Patriot Place (at the stadium). Tons of restaurants, movies, stores etc. all at the stadium. And if you're really looking for Pats fans, many just like to make pilgrimage on non-game days to go to The Hall (Patriots Hall of Fame museum).

My son and I visited while we were up there two weeks ago. The place is amazing and much busier than the last time we were there a few years earlier.

http://www.patriot-place.com/

Last edited:
In recent playoff games, we have had some uncharacteristic turnovers which is concerning. If we don't turn it over, we'll win. As long as Woodhead isn't fumbling on kickoffs like he did in last year's Ravens game, we'll be fine :)

The score of the Monday night Pats-Texan game made it look like a blowout, but 3 of the TDs we scored were uncharacteristic Pats TDs(Prayer TD to Stallworth, blown coverage TD to Lloyd, fumble recovery TD to LLoyd).

It was my impression that we took our foot off the gas.

We could gave had another 14 points and they shouldnt gave gotten their last 7.

As much as I love the Pats, I think seeing a Texans-Ravens AFCCG would be pretty amusing/satisfying in many ways. The mainstream media is the biggest bunch of leeches in the world. As soon as a few teams are hot or have the more well-known, more-marketable superstar, they act like those teams are unbeatable. The Texans are a damn good football team, which is why they went 12-4. They played their absolute worst game of the season last month and struggled down the stretch, but how can anyone argue that they're not capable of playing a competitive game against the Pats? They were 11-1 at one point and have all the same players. The Ravens, same thing. They were 10-2 and have nearly the same roster as last year's team that should have made it to the SB if it weren't for two last second flukey choke jobs.

I'd also rank the Texans and Ravens as having the 1-2 defense and 1-2 running games of these four teams, despite what the numbers say. Pats and Broncos defenses are both helped by high-powered offenses forcing teams to throw. Likewise, Pats and Broncos run games are predicated on the passing game forcing the nickel and dime packages. When you start getting into these really intense playoff games, being able to run the ball against base defenses becomes very important. Likewise, having a truly good defense that can make the stops when it's most important becomes most critical.

Both the Pats and Broncos are so dependent on throwing the ball at will, opening up the running game and allowing their defenses to make plenty of mistakes while still scoring enough points to win. This winds up being their undoing year after year when the playoffs come around and the passing games flail in cold weather against new wrinkles. Yet year after year, pundits jump on the bandwagon.

I expect both games to be very competitive, and I should probably put money on both games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots