PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anybody Else have a Bad feeling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling Moore objects.

That was a love tap. It was on Evans for prematurely relaxing his arms & coddling the ball as he would a newborn. He was savoring the moment & fondling it in his bread basket.
It was a great moment in Pats history, but it wasn't the Troy Brown strip in San Diego by any means.

Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

Playoff games always feel this way midweek. By gametime, I'm usually pretty confident, unless we are talking about at Denver or an SB against NYG.

Take a sip of the Gatorade to settle your stomach and repeat these words, In Bill Belichick I trust.

Attachments

• Bill Rings.jpg
    Bill Rings.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 241
I don't have a bad feeling. The only way I see us losing this game is if we come out flat. It's our game to lose. If the Pats don't have the discipline and composure to come out and play their best game at home after a bye week, then we don't deserve to be in the AFCCG. Pure and simple.

The Jets game was two years ago.

I'm always nervous. Yes, even for Denver last year. But it's out of my hands.

Normally I don't get like this on a Tuesday before the game. I just have a really bad feeling about this game. I don't know why.

Houston scares the hell out of me...

Ugh

I do not have a bad feeling.

Pats 38, HOU 17

All favorites won last weekend, so undoubtedly at least one favorite is going down this weekend. Denver? Probably not because Baltimore's going to be called for 15 penalties and Dever'll get a bunch of first downs via penalty/have drives extended via penalty. SF? Solid possibility of GB winning. ATL? Lots of people have Seattle in this one, but every year there's a wild card team that plays lights out and everyone hops on and picks them to upset a 1 or 2 seed - this year it's Seattle - and then they lose on the road. I say Atlanta wins, and wins easily. This leaves the Patriots. No one's talking about Houston having a chance. Then we have this azzhat from the Globe write that article. We have the 2010 scenario. Then we have the recent history of the Pats failing, more often than not, in close games against "good" teams. Playoff games are usually close, especially in the Div/Champ round. Last year, yes, the Pats beat Bal in a close game - kudos on that one. But recently v "good" teams...2012 - loss to seattle, loss to sf, loss to baltimore - all one possession games. 2011 - loss to NYG in reg season, loss to Pittsburgh, and playoff loss to ahem, the NYG - all one score games....that baltimore afc title game was a huge anomaly - pats turned it over three times (to baltimore's one) yet still won the game....thanks sterling moore...
anyway, close games vs GOOD teams are not the Patriots forte - sure, a divisonal rd game vs an 8-8 denver, easy 35 pt win...but more often than not the Patriots have threw up all over themselves against good teams in the playoffs AND regular season when they're A.) trying to win a game with a fg or td (especially a td - when was the last time the Pats scored a TD inside two minutes against a GOOD team to win a game?) or B.) trying to stop an opponent from scoring winning points on a drive inside 2 or 3 minutes left. Lets hope Sunday the Patriots can play a mistake free game and can create several turnovers into points. They're going to need it because recent history tells us they have a very tough time in close games vs GOOD teams....
GO PATS!

Nope, no bad feelings here. Normal nervousness, sure, but bad feelings, no. I think the Pats come out ready for the Texans and I think they'll win. Maybe not a blowout like last time, but a convincing, non nonsense, Patriots win. Denver? I might have a bad feeling about that one, if it happens, but I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

That was a love tap. It was on Evans for prematurely relaxing his arms & coddling the ball as he would a newborn. He was savoring the moment & fondling it in his bread basket.

Um...no. Moore whacked it out of his hands. It was hardly a "love tap."

Lets put it this way.. I don't want it to come down to a ghost field goal

I'm always nervous. Yes, even for Denver last year. But it's out of my hands.

I was not nervous for Denver last year at all.. I knew tebow couldn't hang with the pats

Lets put it this way.. I don't want it to come down to a ghost field goal

LOL, neither does BB or TFB. That's why TFB will only allow the team to score TDs, just like the Miami game. No figgies allowed, unless they are for the Texans, of course ;)

Re: Journalist from Houston seeking unique places for reports

Hello, I am flying up to New England tomorrow (Wed) and I am looking for unique/interesting patriot fan places or people to visit for my reports. Any place i shouldn't miss?

What about good restaurants? I will be staying in both Providence and Boston. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - a good luck.

Jeff McShan
KHOU
[email protected]

If you're a snob like me you'll love Bacaro Restaurant. Best restaurant in Providence and top-10 or -15 that I've been to in the world.

If you like art museums the RISD museum is nice.

Definitely go to the Pats Hall Of Fame before Sunday.

I'm actually happy it's going to be warm and dry.. Less chance of fumbles

I'm not nervous if the Texans play like they did last week against the Bengals.... that game was horrible and the Texans did not win by that much, score 19 points on us in Foxboro and see how that works out for ya- Patriots are not the Bengals.:singing:

The only reason I'm concerned is because there is too much ****iness going around... I'll stick to my humble pie until the game ends. :)

I'm not nervous if the Texans play like they did last week against the Bengals.... that game was horrible and the Texans did not win by that much, score 19 points on us in Foxboro and see how that works out for ya- Patriots are not the Bengals.:singing:

Patriots also don't have the Bengals defense.... so what's your point? :rolleyes:

I know it sounds silly, but all the Mediots already have the Pats penciled in for the AFCCG.
And DEN for the Super Bowl.

It's only a trap game if the players believe what's being said (see @JAX). I hope that 2010 Divisional game vs NYJ is still fresh in their minds. HOU can win this game if the Patriots come out flat and with not enough energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back