PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any recent trade chatter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS68

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I would have thought some thing would have been done by now if it were going to get done. Any recent news?

I hear the Red Sox might try to trade Papelbon for a bat.

Tom Brady's hair for Randy Moss' beard.

mankins won't get traded I read somewhere - something about the pats not wanting to give in to 2 malcontents. mankins will sign his tender and end up playing the last 6 games or so and get his year towards free agency.

The two most realistic names I've heard continue to be Branch and steve smith(carolina).

IMHO neither are going to happen its tate/edelman or bust on the outside.

The two most realistic names I've heard continue to be Branch and steve smith(carolina).

IMHO neither are going to happen its tate/edelman or bust on the outside.

I certainly hope we don't have to give up any draft picks for Bust.

What about Price....does he move up since there's an open WR slot?

Haven't heard any chatter about him recently.....

Don't want Branch...give the kids a chance to gain experience...

Nada on the trade horizon. Is anyone surprised? BB will go with what he has, unless there is a disaster next week and no one can get open, and then MAYBE he will bring in someone.

no...usually one uses one dollar bills, or the occasional five...for bust...at the Foxy Lady...oh...wait....I think I misunderstood...:confused2:

mankins won't get traded I read somewhere - something about the pats not wanting to give in to 2 malcontents. mankins will sign his tender and end up playing the last 6 games or so and get his year towards free agency.

Is there anyway around this? Can BB do something so that his year does not accrue? Like inactive, IR, something? I don't see anyway he touches the field so why should he get credit for it. I hate to see that bastard get credit for the year.

I have heard nothing this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens. Frankly, i think our draft picks this year are far too valuable to trade away for anyone. This years draft is far too deep in talent in the first 3 rounds to give them away.

Which bust? The Super Bowl MVP or Smith's Bust that will eventually be in Canton?

Or did you mean, that you hope we don’t give up a draft pick for a guy that is currently Injury prone and has diminishing skills?

I know I know, I'm just being argumentative. I understand what your saying. ;-)

Last edited:
Is there anyway around this? Can BB do something so that his year does not accrue? Like inactive, IR, something? I don't see anyway he touches the field so why should he get credit for it. I hate to see that bastard get credit for the year.

In the most likely scenarios his accrued seasons would mean nothing to the Patriots. Unless the players union agrees to leave the Unrestricted free agent bench mark at 6 years than he will be free when a new CBA is reached. By most accounts there is no way the union would agree to that they would most certainly insist on rolling back to 4 years.

I would think the team would be happy to grant him an accrued season in order to add his talents back to the depth even if they dont give him his starting job back he would be great insurance.

Right now i would like to see Deion Branch back, jackson is not coming here, and i dont want Steve Smith...

Moss to Minnesota.

Could'nt resist.

I am on the verge of closing a deal with a Vikings message board.

We send then Teenuh & Gunnails and in exchange we have to put up with a Greenbay Packers troll they have been trying to get rid of and a 6th round pick :D

Last edited:
I am on the verge of closing a deal with a Vikings message board.

We send then Teenuh & Gunnails and in exchange we have to put up with a Greenbay Packers troll they have been trying to get rid of and a 6th round pick :D

Teenuh is a malcontent and has been dogging it. Deserves to go. Gunnails, though, has a lot of upside. I don't think we deal both of them. We'd be getting fleeced. Maybe a 3-way trade for Seward? Where's he at right now?

Edit- no offense intended Teenuh. Was making a Moss-talk comparison not calling you out personally. I get being mad, I "vented" a lot when we didn't put Bledsoe back in. (I was wrong, mind you, but such is life.)

Last edited:
Teenuh is a malcontent and has been dogging it. Deserves to go. Gunnails, though, has a lot of upside. I don't think we deal both of them. We'd be getting fleeced. Maybe a 3-way trade for Seward? Where's he at right now?

I didn't want to included Gunnails. But they insisted. It was either that or have to take NEM back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes