PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrews arrested for assault w/ dangerous weapon after threatening fiancee w/ gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how when it was Randy Moss the board wasn't filled with "cut that piece of ****** now" posts (that I remember).

I'm not saying it's good to hold a gun to someone's head, but if they didn't find a gun and just arrested him on her say-so...ya know?
If you've ever been on the other side of a false accusation, you learn not to rush to judgement. Especially with no corroborating evidence.

Duke Lacrosse Case.

Well at least Willie has under his belt in the last 6 months.

Possession of Mari J charge
and at least
An Assault charge that could lead to assault with a deadly weapon if found.

Yeah,Just what we need on a team that is not very well respected around the league right now....A thug

Someone is taking their role as "gunner" a bit too literally ...

Yeah,Just what we need on a team that is not very well respected around the league right now....A thug

So.....Kevin Faulk is a thug too?

Assault charge doesnt have to be hitting or physical. Assault can be just yelling and abusive language. Like the report said. No Gun.

Dont rush to judgement.

Someone is taking their role as "gunner" a bit too literally ...

lolol your right

its a shame ..we'll be losing a great young special teamer.

Nobody knows the story on this incident.

Let's just wait and see what it is really all about.

Last time I checked - it was innocent until proven guilty.

People here have already tried this case and sentenced the guy.

I prefer to reserve judgment until I hear both sides of the story, no matter how long it takes.

I think we do it that way in America don;t we???

I think we do it that way in America don't we???
Yeah, but there's also a ratio of contribution to the team and hassle that Belichick doesn't want to deal with. I'm guessing he's closing in on just not wanting to deal with this person any more, guilty or not.

Re: Andrews accused of pointing gun at finacee's head

They should have done it then, too.

We've been through that whole :disagreement: before, and I for one would appreciate not having to go through it again.

Yeah, but there's also a ratio of contribution to the team and hassle that Belichick doesn't want to deal with. I'm guessing he's closing in on just not wanting to deal with this person any more, guilty or not.

Maybe - maybe not -- reread what Crowpointer pasted about what happened and how it went down.

She confronts him in his apartment.

He agrees to a search and nothing found.

She leave with her baby late at night - what was she doing out with the child in the first place.

Hey, I am not defending him or calling him an angel or do I mean to cast stones at her or him.

Just feel due process should apply here - no matter who he is.

That's for courts of law, public opinion has never allowed for due process.

Maybe - maybe not -- reread what Crowpointer pasted about what happened and how it went down.

. . .

We are talking about cutting him or not, we aren't talking about him going to jail. Every incident takes energy and time from the team and there is a limit to what Belichick will allow. These two incidents may be enough. They may not be. But the limit is there where Belichick will have had enough and this incident gets him closer to it. Due process is irrelevant, this isn't a court of law.

We are talking about cutting him or not, we aren't talking about him going to jail. Every incident takes energy and time from the team and there is a limit to what Belichick will allow. These two incidents may be enough. They may not be. But the limit is there where Belichick will have had enough and this incident gets him closer to it. Due process is irrelevant, this isn't a court of law.

Your right - we can talk about anything we want to.

I do think there may be some kind of process to follow with the players union if NE decides to cut him over this though, not sure.

I do not like the distraction and feel a young man is wasting a golden opportunity here.

However, he may be simply guilty of stepping out on his girlfriend - we don;t know.

I want more fact before I will say e shoudl be cut.

She confronts him in his apartment.

He agrees to a search and nothing found.

She leave with her baby late at night - what was she doing out with the child in the first place.

Hey, I am not defending him or calling him an angel or do I mean to cast stones at her or him.

Exactly. I've come to terms with Belichick doesn't tolerate anything short of angels. He does after all spend time in prisons counseling as part of Jim Brown's ministry. Andrews may turn out to be more trouble than he's worth, but his value on the roster in Bill's estimation will determine when and if that happens.

He may be in Sherriff Goodell's crosshairs now with 2 arrests in one off season, but he's got a pretty good lawyer who made some ugly sounding drug charges effectively go away, and this may well too. If they didn't find a gun and the incident happened in his house late at night, then she was likely the catalyst and while they may have couple trouble that isn't necessarily unique in the NFL or life. As long as he didn't physically harm her it likely will go away. Especially once her practical side has a word with her pissed off side - unless of course his having a six figure income to support them doesn't matter to her...which might be what he was at the hotel hoping to explain to her.

That was what some here and many elsewhere were saying about BB on the heels of divorcee-gate, spygate and walkthrough gate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News