PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Andrews arrested for assault w/ dangerous weapon after threatening fiancee w/ gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop posting negative Patriots news! I'm off to rate this thread one star! Take that!

Re: Andrews accused of pointing gun at finacee's head

That was what some here and many elsewhere were saying about BB on the heels of divorcee-gate, spygate and walkthrough gate...
Maybe, but Andrew may be becoming too high maintenance for what he's worth.

According to ESPN, they did find a .45 caliber pistol near a dumpster in the vicinity of the hotel. They didn't say whether or not the gun was Andrews, but the implication is there.
Yep, that was updated after I posted.

Lucky for Andrews, he doesn't own a car wash.

I think you mean "unlucky" for him. If he owned a car wash and dropped a specially made one-of-a-kind gun in the trash there, the whole thing would just go away ...

I didn't read the whole thread but I'd imagine he's gone after this-in fact I hope so. Number one the Pats don't need this type of bs even from the best of players, and Willie definitely doesn't fall into that category. He's just not worth the aggravation, and it's good they drafted the punt returner out of LSU (?).

This type of behavior is way too prevalent in the NFL/ sports, and it's hard to identify the root of the problem. Maybe NFL players need to become more educated about handling their finances or something, but maybe it goes deeper than that. There was an article which cited Jim Brown's comments about Belichick and why he respects him so much. Anyway he recalled a conversation he'd had with BB as they drove through ghettos, which apparently BB was often wanton to do. JB asked him why he was so fascinated with ghettos, and BB answered "Because that's where the players come from." And he's right- not so much in terms of geography but in terms of mentality and goals. And the ability to leave the old lifestyle behind- something so many of them lately can't seem to do.

Last edited:
I am not trying to defend this chap here.. but I think first we need to find out all the evidence. No gun was found, unless there has been some update I have missed. I am surprised that the police would arrest him under charges if no evidence was found at all, doesn't that mean that any Tom, **** or Harry could get charged if accused?

I would be surprised if this dude makes the team anyway, but let's wait until all the evidence is reviewed before slamming the prison door on him.

I am not trying to defend this chap here.. but I think first we need to find out all the evidence. No gun was found, unless there has been some update I have missed. I am surprised that the police would arrest him under charges if no evidence was found at all, doesn't that mean that any Tom, **** or Harry could get charged if accused?

I would be surprised if this dude makes the team anyway, but let's wait until all the evidence is reviewed before slamming the prison door on him.

They are now reporting on ESPN that a gun was found on the grounds of his apartment complex by workers there and Andrews is being held without bail until a dangerousness hearing on Thursday. He'll be off the team once he gets out and he should be. What an idiot.

If we lose this guy, say goodbye to any playoff aspirations you guys have.

A gun WAS found...

Andrews allegedly told police he did not have a gun, but the weapon was later recovered near a Dumpster at his apartment complex, prosecutors and police said.

He didn't have it registered...

He was arraigned at Attleboro District Court this afternoon on charges of assault with a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm without a Firearm Identification Card.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1104214

It isn't the first time he has been arrested for a gun related charge...

Andrews pled guilty to a gun charge in 2002 and spent 10 days in a Texas jail.

http://www.celebstoner.com/sports/sporting-highs/super-bowl-stoner.html

It isn't the first time he was in trouble with the police (probation)...

In July 2002, Andrews was sentenced to 30 days in jail after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge. The gun was found in his car by Texas State Police officers during a traffic stop. At the time, Andrews was serving a two year probation for a March 2002 conviction for misdemeanor criminal mischief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Andrews

Let's be informed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut the sack of crap. There are plenty of other JAG CB's on the market.

I officially set the Over/Under for his release at 48 hours.

You mean minutes, I hope.

"Mr. Belichick, there's a Marvin Lewis on line one.Something about being interested in one of your players..............."

Re: Andrews arrested for assault w/ dangerous weapon after threatening wife w/ gun

Bye Bye Willie.

and bye bye Super Bowl ... we're toast ... :p

seriously ... there are other Willie's out there to replace this Willie.

How come this is getting more pub than the Marvin Harrison shooting why?
I mean come on Marvin actually injured somebody!
They found a gun as well that's being sweeped under the rug.
Just ridiculous, oh yeah I'd do what Shanny does and hook him up to a lie detector test if he fails than I guess Vincent Redd can make the team on special teams instead of him.
PS Redd is my candidate for sleeper player of the year!

Why is this punk still with the team?

Probably, he's becoming more effort than he's worth. Still, it looks like an accusation that won't be substantiated as they didn't find a gun.

Yes they did. Found a 45 by the dumpster next to his home.

Yes they did. Found a 45 by the dumpster next to his home.

Which is odd considering the girlfriend reportedly told police he was pointing a 9mm Glock at her...just sayin... And if I had overnight to get rid of any mm gun whose existence could end my career, I would hope I could come up with a better plan than the dumpster near my house...

Which is odd considering the girlfriend reportedly told police he was pointing a 9mm Glock at her...just sayin... And if I had overnight to get rid of any mm gun whose existence could end my career, I would hope I could come up with a better plan than the dumpster near my house...
The Globe report this morning said the police found a gun matching the description given by the girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back