PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriot Ted Johnson Arrested For Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

AStack75

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_202105529.html

(CBS4) WESTON Former Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson is facing assault and battery charges following an alleged domestic dispute with his wife.

Johnson was arrested Sunday night at his home on Beaver Road in Weston. 40-year-old Jackie Johnson claims she was assaulted during an argument with her husband.

Upon further investigation, Weston Police also arrested Jackie Johnson and charged her with assault and battery.

Both pleaded not guilty to the charges during their arraignment in Waltham District Court on Tuesday. They are due back in court on September 7th.

The Johnsons have four children.

The 33-year-old Johnson retired from the Patriots in 2005 due to repeated concussions. He was drafted by the Patriots in 1995 out of Colorado and played ten season for the Patriots. The 6-foot-4-inch, 253-pound linebacker made 865 tackles and 11.5 sacks during his career.

Last season, Johnson worked as a football analyst for CBS4. Two months ago, he informed the station that he has decided to pursue other opportunities this coming season.

So this is a Johnson on Johnson crime?

This shouldn't be in the news. He's a former Patriot and his private life should not be public.

My God, just when you thought all of this would stop...

PATSNUTme said:
So this is a Johnson on Johnson crime?

:rofl: Not politically correct ... but damn funny!

I'm Ron Borges? said:
This shouldn't be in the news. He's a former Patriot and his private life should not be public.
How is this not news, because he's a former Patriot?

scout said:
I think he was being sarcastic because of the Belichick gossip thread yesterday.

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised as TJ always seemed quiet and level headed. But, whatever, the legal process will take it's natural path.

scout said:

He is being sarcastic because of the BB thread. The title of this thread is a little misleading, since both he & his wife were arrested. I know in New Jersey police do this when they can't figure out who hurt who, if anyone even got hurt, and it usually happens when a husband and wife are arguing & the wife decides she wants the house to herself so she calls the cops & says she is being abused (verbally, mentally, whatever). Yes, arrests are news, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but not all arrests in a domesetic violence case are warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:
BelichickFan said:
I think he was being sarcastic because of the Belichick gossip thread yesterday.

I have to admit that I'm a little surprised as TJ always seemed quiet and level headed. But, whatever, the legal process will take it's natural path.
Sorry Borges, prob. from too much time in the "other" forum.

patsacolachick said:
He is being sarcastic because of the BB thread. The title of this thread is a little misleading, since both he & his wife were arrested. I know in New Jersey police do this when they can't figure out who hurt who, if anyone even got hurt, and it usually happens when a husband and wife are arguing & the wife decides she wants the house to herself so she calls the cops & says she is being abused (verbally, mentally, whatever). Yes, arrests are news, and I'll probably get slammed for this, but not all arrests in a domesetic violence case are warranted.

I agree that many such cases are ultimately dropped, but it's not a happy situation regardless. Four kids...imagine having both of your parents arrested for beating up on each other. I really hope that family can straighten itself out.

The transition from focused professional athlete and his lovely homemaker wife to retired athlete and the homemaker who wasn't used to having him at loose ends and underfoot can be highly stressful. His attempt at staying involved in the game via a media job didn't pan out in part because he didn't like the tone his own reporting was taking.

I remember seeing pictures and video of them at the ring ceremonies. She's a beautful woman - never would guessed her being 40 and several years older than Ted. In his playing days he had 150 lbs on her, although it was hard to miss the fact that he has lost a noticible amount of either weight or muscle in his year away from the game.

Just sad for them both and the kids. Let's hope the Herald and it's tabloid media siblings can refrain from harassing them or plastering their pictures on the front page.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
But committing assault is a violation of the laws of the Commonwealth, so it is a public matter and not a private one.

EDIT: If, as others have noted, you were being sarcastic then my response still stands but would not have to be directed at you.

Last edited:
2005_tj_getting_ring.jpg

This should NOT be a news story. This should NOT be on this board.

TJ is retired. He and his wife should be able to work out their problems without the whole world knowing about it.

Patschick brought up the kids. Yes, it is sad when the parents fight and the police have to come to the house. It even more sad when the media gets a hold of it and now everyone these kids know now know about it.

Those poor kids don't deserve that.

Yeah....just sweep it under the rug. Pretend like it didn't happen. It's all about the children.

It is none of our business, Astack. I had a friend who was attacked by his wife because he was drunk and ignoring her. After she scratched him all over his neck, he slapped her. She called the cops. He was arrested, and by the next day his wife wished she never called the cops due to her anger. He called me to get him out of jail.

This sounds exactly the same, and will very likely be no big deal in the long run to the Johnsons. It was never brought up again in my friend's family, and his kids survived just fine.

Last edited:
Oh yeah...and every domestic abuse charge is nothing big just like your friends was. I'm sure O.J. agrees with you also.

AStack75 said:
Yeah....just sweep it under the rug. Pretend like it didn't happen. It's all about the children.

It doesn't belong under your rug.

If you have kids, would you want them to be teased about something like this becasue people can't mind their own f-ing business?

Last edited by a moderator:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
What a bunch of B.S., Astack. I had a friend who was attacked by his wife because he was drunk and ignoring her. After she scratched him all over his neck, he slapped her. She called the cops. He was arrested, and by the next day his wife wished she never called the cops due to her stupidity and anger. He called me to get him out of jail.

This sounds exactly the same, and will very likely be no big deal in the long run to the Johnsons. It was never brought up again in my friend's family, and his kids survived just fine.

There is no excuse ever for a man hitting a woman. Biologically we are much stronger and if your friend doesn't have enough self-control to not strike his wife under any circumstance, he should be in jail in my opinion. I'm sure most of us males have been in situations like that and I bet most of us didn't haul off and slap the girl either. I think that's the most gutless thing a man can do. Oh, he got scratched all over his neck. What a bunch of garbage. I'm sure that hurt just the same as a much stronger person slapping someone in the face. I like you 5 Rings, you bring a lot to the table but that post borders on ignorant.

PATSNUTme said:
It doesn't belong under your rug.

If you have kids, would you want them to be teased about something like this becasue people can't mind their own f-ing business?
Well if he was a man and didn't hit his wife, then we wouldn't have to worry about minding our own f-ing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back