PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And the team of the decade is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pretty much sums it up. If it's a rational process, then only the Steelers can catch the Pats by winning one more SB and going to one more AFCG before the decade ends in 2009 or 2010 depending on how you're counting.

Unfortunatly the entire "Team of the ________" is an impressions game.

Everyone outside New England thinks we cheated, enjoys watching Brady get his knee destroyed, and hates our coach.

IF the Steelers win back to back, they will be given the nod for doing it right...

That is all you heard ALL super bowl week, was "the Steelers did it the right way" - I took that as the NFL and the media saying the way the pats made it last year was wrong and not appreciate it.

If the Steelers tie, with 7 championships overall, and the biggest fan base, and comparable stats, they will take that title.

The impressions for everyone outside NE will favor the Steelers, because they did it the right way.

Unfortunatly the entire "Team of the ________" is an impressions game.

Everyone outside New England thinks we cheated, enjoys watching Brady get his knee destroyed, and hates our coach.

IF the Steelers win back to back, they will be given the nod for doing it right...

That is all you heard ALL super bowl week, was "the Steelers did it the right way" - I took that as the NFL and the media saying the way the pats made it last year was wrong and not appreciate it.

If the Steelers tie, with 7 championships overall, and the biggest fan base, and comparable stats, they will take that title.

The impressions for everyone outside NE will favor the Steelers, because they did it the right way.

I don't think it's true that impressions work against the Pats, even with the comical hatred from last season. The impressions of the Pats are increased by just how much they dominated the attention of the league the last 10 years, along with all their intangibles--they had TWO winning streaks of more than 20 games....that's really unbelievable (and they could be working on a third, for all we know.) Then you get into the facts listed before, the Pats are the clear favorite.

Keep in mind every decade has had another team win 2 Super Bowls--Dallas and Miami in the 70s, the Raiders in the 80s, Denver in the 90s. Nobody thinks of the Raiders as the team of the 80s.

I don't think it's true that impressions work against the Pats, even with the comical hatred from last season. The impressions of the Pats are increased by just how much they dominated the attention of the league the last 10 years, along with all their intangibles--they had TWO winning streaks of more than 20 games....that's really unbelievable (and they could be working on a third, for all we know.) Then you get into the facts listed before, the Pats are the clear favorite.

Keep in mind every decade has had another team win 2 Super Bowls--Dallas and Miami in the 70s, the Raiders in the 80s, Denver in the 90s. Nobody thinks of the Raiders as the team of the 80s.

Right but I said if the Steelers pull back to back, that gives them 3 SBs... and I believe they will take the title... They also have a win streak, and they what everyone is now saying is "an elite QB"...

If you honestly think people, the media, and everyone across the nation will objectively look at the pats, and steelers and come away saying the pats are THE team when they both have 3 SBs.... I just don't see it...

If anything, last year we had a chance to be the greatest team ever to sharing the team of the decade title, and even just being the "Begining of the 2000's team"

I was really hoping 4 years ago, we could have matched the championships of Cowboys, Niners, and Steelers... we had lots of opportunities with the talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft