PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

And it's Arthur Blank's turn on the DeflateGate Revenge Tour - read his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Arthur Blank had to do was say something along the lines of 'I haven't followed it or researched it enough to make a comment'.

Blank made the decision to not do so.

As a result he is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he comes out and says he was wrong to make that statement then he will inflict the wrath of Goodell and the other owners upon himself and his team. (Speculation: the other 31 have agreed to make no such statement, ever.)

On the other hand by saying nothing and not retracting his original statement he is open to scrutiny for his remarks, and deservedly so.

Yeah, I'm not on the Blank-likeability-train, but that was from before Defamegate. I don't remember why...maybe he just has a punchable face.

The Falcons are only "ok" in my book because I actually kinda like Matt Ryan. Otherwise, they're one of the 30 enemies (Saints excluded).
2 for 2!

I also like Ryan...I've been a BC fan since Flutie

And I agree Blank has a punchable face

I like that term "punchable" too!

I don't know..........I just think the Falcons are going to be exposed as a bunch of frauds in 2 weeks

I see a result similar to the pats playing the colts in the AFCC 2 years ago...I see the falcons as a similar team

I have had that gut feeling since the playoffs began. My NFC choices, in order of the Patriots best chance to win, went like this (besides Detroit, who never had a chance):

1. Atlanta
2. Dallas
3. Green Bay
4. Seattle
5. NY Giants

Just my gut feeling; I've been wrong many times including wishing for the GMen in '07 (but dreading them in '09). But Patriots always struggle against physical teams, and Atlanta does not appear to be that, while Seattle and NYG are. Also, they struggle against deep teams with lots of options; while Atlanta's offense is loaded with playmakers, there is a sense this is a two-man team where, if those two don't play great, thee trickle down effect will be fatal. On defense, this appears to be easily the worst unit of the seven SB opponents, but who knows.

I also felt Atlanta was unlikely to come out of the conference, but a series of perfect results led to it. First, the Packers got red hot and beat two teams that would have whipped the Falcons - NYG and Dallas. Then Atlanta drew a Seattle team whose loss of Thomas gave them a brutal matchup against Atlanta's passing attack. Finally, Green Bay was gassed in the NFCCG. I think if Green Bay had gotten by Atlanta, even with all their flaws, with two extra weeks rest and Aaron Rodgers, that matchup scared me a lot more.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I predicted against the grain for Denver to easily beat Carolina last year, (abstained from Pats-Seahawks), and predicted Seattle would absolutely blow out Denver in 2013. (Also was one of the very few who picked Denver over NE in last year's conference final.) As I said I am wrong a lot, but I like this matchup a lot. I see a team with an elite offense and an elite defense versus a team with an elite offense and questionable - at best - defense.

I think if Atlanta moves the ball early on and capitalizes in the red zone, this will be a game for the ages; if the Patriots come out and establish a fairly comfortable lead, this one won't be close.

I just don't see Atlanta as a team that can trade haymakers. More like they need to dominate and run smoothly on all cylinders, or all bets are off. Pats can win clean, ugly, whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Sharpen the guillotine!

I appreciate your insight, and opinion, but there is simply no way possible to accept these words: "...league feels a tremendous sense of responsibility, as do all the owners, in reinforcing the culture of the NFL, the shield and make sure the game remains as balanced and as pure and as true to its integrity and its ethics as can be done..." while simultaneously acknowledging the facts and reality of the league's actions with regard to the reckless and unjust and unjustifiable attacks on the New England Patriots, and contrasting lenient if not completely ignorant treatment of all of the remaining teams in the league.

"Hard to swallow" and "cringeworthy" may (or may not) be subjective terms, but simply do not compare to "impossible to swallow" and "corrupt oppression".
And thank you for clarifying your perspective. I gave you a pretty heated reply, and you gave me a very polite and respectful response -- probably more than I deserved.

How are you feeling right now, Mr. Blank?

meme33.jpg

Is this guy serious? How did I miss this before the game? Your team was. Pumping in crowd noise? Am I missing something?

I don't know about y'all but it was indeed delicious to watch Mr. Blank go from all dancing and smiling when his team was up big to absolute shock and awe when the reality of what was about to go down began to dawn on him. Pure ecstacy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes