PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola's Hit on Fleming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? The play that happens ALL the time is the kicking team surrounding the ball to down it at the most advantageous spot. I have never seen the receiving team block anyone to let the ball roll into the end zone. Now that it has been established that it is legal why doesn't blocking the people trying to down the happen ALL the time? The only thing that I can think of is that it is too risky to have the ball touch a member of the receiving team while they are in the act of blocking.

The penalty in this case was that Fleming was considered to be in a defenseless position when DA blasted him. The fact that it was a high hit only made it more obvious.
If you've never seen it, you haven't been watching very closely.

And helmet to helmet to the back of Brady's head at the pylon that wasn't called.

Brady was a runner and thus no helmet to helmet penalty.

This Jamell guy on the Chiefs is whining about DA on Twitter. A boatload of us helped put him in his place.

I had to see this for myself...yup.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Vontaze Burfict got suspended for 3 games for a shoulder. What yall think this weak dude should get? <a href="The Sports Quotient on Twitter">https://t.co/8GAwUtlQtg</a></p>&mdash; JamellFleming (@JamellFleming) <a href="">January 17, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm surprised I didn't see a thread on this already, so if I missed it please feel free to merge.

What are your overall thoughts on Amendola's hit on Jamell Fleming on the punt return? It looked brutal when I saw it live at a restaurant, but on replay it seems pretty clear that he led with his shoulder and didn't really make any helmet to helmet contact. Just a very hard hit that Fleming didn't see coming at all.

In the immediate aftermath on Twitter and even now in online articles, there are lots of people calling for him to be suspended, lots of comparisons to the Burfict hit on Brown last week. PFT posted that he very easily could have been ejected. After the game, Amendola said it was a clean hit and that he would appeal if he was fined.

Being the Pats, it wouldn't shock me at all for the NFL to try to suspend him. Do you expect that he'll hear from the league office?

Serious Question??
huh.gif

It was not only a clean Hit, it was perfect.

The only people who should suffer from that Call are the incompetent Idiots who idiotically called a Foul.

Why did Dola hit him?

01 ~ Because Fleming was trying to Ground the Ball, and Amendola saw that if the Ball bounced right ~ it didn't ~ it might bounce into the End Zone, giving us the Ball on the 2o, not the 5 or so.

02 ~ Because he could. It was 1000% legal.

It's hilarious, how many have their Heads up their Asses on this one...and on HighTower.

AND "approaches the opponent from behind or from the side." Apparently Blandino's attention span isn't long enough for this job, because he has conveniently decided that the second part doesn't apply anymore.

The second part, quoted here, is why I called the call borderline. It's basically that front of the shoulder rule.

I already agreed he grabbed him when in-bounds. Also, at the VERY end he did ease up. As for the in-between, just like beauty, it lies in the eyes of the beholder. :)
p=mv

01 ~ Because Fleming was trying to Ground the Ball, and Amendola saw that if the Ball bounced right ~ it didn't ~ it might bounce into the End Zone, giving us the Ball on the 2o, not the 5 or so.

Of course you knew the rules immediately. :rolleyes:

The ball could have also ricocheted off Almendola and KC could recovered.

I am certainly no expert on rules, but I am under the impression that intentionally hitting another player with the crown of your helmet in the neck and head area was against the rules. Even if it isn't, and you'll have to quote a rule for me to believe you, a flag should have been thrown for an unsportsmanlike personal. Trying to injure someone IS against the rules, and if you watch that video there can be no doubt that Shazier hit him with the crown of his helmet in the facemask intentionally.
He was tackling. How can I find a rule saying something is not against a rule? Feel free to show me the rule that was broken. The league agreed it was not a penalty and issued no fine.
What would you like defensive guys to do ask nicely for the guy to stop and take a knee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did Dola hit him?

Of course you knew the rules immediately. :rolleyes:

huh.gif

You asked a reasonable Question ~ without Rancor, or so I imagined. o_O

I answered it. Without Rancor.

No need to be a Crack, Crack.
spock.gif

And helmet to helmet to the back of Brady's head at the pylon that wasn't called.

But he's a runner there. I think that's legal. Only illegal against defenseless receivers.

Pretty amusing to listen to the Announcers, right now, in the Steelers/Donkeys Game, casually mention that Wheaton could've and should've blocked the Steeler Gunner on the Punt, as if that simple Reality and the correct implementation of Rules had ever occurred to them before Amendola's Play!!
jester.gif

huh.gif

You asked a reasonable Question ~ without Rancor, or so I imagined. o_O

I answered it. Without Rancor.

No need to be a Crack, Crack.
spock.gif

You answered AFTER Belichick made is safe to do SO.

Youre NOT fooling anyone like you know the rules to the NTH degree. Goodnight NOW.

Quite true, but that doesn't mean you have to hold on or not try to move to the side once out of bounds.

(p=momentum; m=mass; v=velocity)

He was tackling. How can I find a rule saying something is not against a rule? Feel free to show me the rule that was broken. The league agreed it was not a penalty and issued no fine.
What would you like defensive guys to do ask nicely for the guy to stop and take a knee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you saying you don't think Shazier intentionally hit him with the crown? Did you even watch it? Trying to hurt someone is unsportsman like conduct, and that is a personal foul.

You answered AFTER Belichick made is safe to do SO.

Youre NOT fooling anyone like you know the rules to the NTH degree. Goodnight NOW.

Just because Cowards such's yourself answer only "when it's safe" doesn't mean that the rest'f us lower ourselves to your pathetic Standards. But you have my Permission to imagine that it is so.

Quite true, but that doesn't mean you have to hold on or not try to move to the side once out of bounds.

(p=momentum; m=mass; v=velocity)
It's no easy task when off balance, nor is it required by the rules. Ever tackle someone with force? Without your feet planted, you can't alter significantly alter your trajectory. It wasn't close to a penalty This is pretty basic stuff for anyone with even a modest level of exposure to physical competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes