PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that Danny doesn't really exist and he's just a figment of my imagination.

I don't know what the deal is with Amendola. Seems like he has all the talent to excel in this offense but it's just not happening.

Not rooting against the guy at all but it's looking more and more likely that this will be one of the worse signings of Belichick's tenure. Shame too. If we were going to bring in McDaniels' binkies, we could have just kept Salas, at this point, and probably gotten similar production.
Have any of them worked? Why do we keep bringing these guys in?

xoRM3Iw.jpg

OMG fnordcircle, I love this cartoon!

Not rooting against the guy at all but it's looking more and more likely that this will be one of the worse signings of Belichick's tenure.

Not sure I agree with this.

Remember, his first game with Brady, he had 10 rec/104 yards. He also had gems against Pitts and Miami last year (122/131 respectively).

Hard to pinpoint what caused his demise although I will say that once you slide down the depth chart, it's pretty hard to work your way back up and re-earn Brady's trust.

At this point Amendola is Edelman insurance, and the way things are going they will most likely need him to really contribute at some point and he better be up to it. I do however love the size they have added to this receiving corps and feel it has already improved their ability to stretch the field in every way. For the first time in a long time they can go downfield both inside and out and they still have the slot routes they can work when they want with Edelman, Wright and Lafell. Losing Ridley really hurts but this offense an be really good if the OL continues to improve and these receivers do the same.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with this.

Remember, his first game with Brady, he had 10 rec/104 yards. He also had gems against Pitts and Miami last year (122/131 respectively).

Hard to pinpoint what caused his demise although I will say that once you slide down the depth chart, it's pretty hard to work your way back up and re-earn Brady's trust.

Last year the injury was his demise, this year it's that they can't afford to have he and Edelman on the field at the same time as they are redundant and they need to create more options for Brady with different skill sets. He will continue to be a back up unless Edelman goes down or the receiving corps gets really banged up.

Saw a tweet, just about everyone got a catch today EXCEPT for Amendola. I believe he still has skills, coaches need to get him involved somehow.

Saw a tweet, just about everyone got a catch today EXCEPT for Amendola. I believe he still has skills, coaches need to get him involved somehow.

True, I was thinking on that reverse to Edelman that went for 8 or 9 yards it could've gone to Amendola, I mean anything. I pretty much expect nothing out of him but might as well do whatever they can to get him involved. Maybe let him do some returns

Last year the injury was his demise, this year it's that they can't afford to have he and Edelman on the field at the same time as they are redundant and they need to create more options for Brady with different skill sets. He will continue to be a back up unless Edelman goes down or the receiving corps gets really banged up.

A very expensive backup indeed.

It's safe to say that if BB knew what they would get in 2013 out of JE, they would not have signed Amendola.

Amendola is just ridiculous now. I don't understand how he can't get any passes thrown to him. It seems like he gets open on some plays. Maybe it is a trust thing with Brady. They really got to figure out a way to get him more involved otherwise he is a waste of a roster spot. very disappointing as I thought he had a decent year last year and thats with missing some games

Last edited:
Can't believe he only has 4 receptions this year. He probably has more than 4 called back from various penalties.

On WEEI this morning (MFB) they were interviewing ________? Forgot his name .. one of the national football media guys. So they asked him his take on Amendola ... he said when Josh/Bill/Tom are putting the plays in for 1st down, 2nd and 3rd down that they will use in the game plan sheet they probably are skipping plays that will help him get open because he is unreliable. So they go into the games and call the plays ... Tom scans the defense and he pretty much knows who may be open based on the play call and the defense but none of the plays called have Amendola as a top possible option ... he's way down the options Tom will have - last possible on the progression list?

So that's kind of worse than he's not getting open IMO ... sad state of affairs - such a waste of money.
Apparently he's not showing much in practice either ... taking his check and going through the motions???

Edelman and Amendola. This team isn't big enough for the both of them lol. Just like how Edelman and Welker couldn't really coincide.

The football gods stripped Amendola of his power because we went over the quota of only 1 white slot wr per team. #footballgodsareracist

Edelman and Amendola. This team isn't big enough for the both of them lol. Just like how Edelman and Welker couldn't really coincide.

The football gods stripped Amendola of his power because we went over the quota of only 1 white slot wr per team. #footballgodsareracist

F'n garbage post ... crap like that should get you banned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST