PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow forgot about about that one. IMO we would have won the SB that year if branch was on the team. BUT at the time i thought branch was in the wrong. Little did i know how bad that was going to tern out.

Back then it was easier to hold out with a year left than to get tagged....it was the way players did it then.... That one fork in the road changed things more than anything

Yeah but if I could go back, letting Branch go in 2006 was the bigger mistake nobody really laments....that one actually cost a super bowl.....if they kept branch, everything would literally be different and indescribable.... No moss.... No welker....

Reche Caldwell

879.gif

I thought Branch was in the wrong too as I do with most athletes when it comes to money, I think they are all greedy usually

Yeah, I wish they were more c'est la vie about money like their billionaire employers.

PS - If you've ever left a job for a few thousand more that's pretty greedy in the eyes of someone who earns a few hundred a year so you should probably pocket those stones until you move out of that glass house.

This is crazy because I've seen this guy play at an extremely high level, and not just the slot but all phases so I know he can.. Its not like he just all of a sudden forgot how to play football, and he is not old so the guy still has it.. maybe its just playcalling, idk but he is not a bust or scrub, the talent with him is definitely there

Watching him live for the past season and a quarter and this guy can't create separation. Maybe it's all his injuries, but he's a liability.
They started him in the slot last game with Edelman on the outside and it was awful.

And Some say he would be Edelman's replacement *down right scarry*. Amedola cannot get open against Safteties and LB's and BB and McDaniels sat both Dobson and KT instead of him go figure.:confused:

Cutting a veteran like DA during the 2014 season would not save any cap space in 2014 since he would be eligible for termination pay. Patriots would get a credit on their 2015 cap for any games that he is not active up to 8. Amendola was expected to be active for 12 games. Has been active for 4. He gets a $31,250 bonus for each game that he is on the 46-man roster.

Sadly, it looks like they are stuck with him for now.

trade bait for RB or LB. Tyms is a better prospect for us going forward.

Thomas was actually pretty good his first season here.

And his second as well--until the breaking of his arm about halfway through the season.

trade bait for RB or LB. Tyms is a better prospect for us going forward.

Amendola has done nothing this season and shown he can do nothing. If we were to trade him for an RB or LB, it would be for a player that has done nothing and shown he can do nothing. If you trade a bad player then you can only expect to get a bad player in return.

I don't know what the deal is with Amendola. Seems like he has all the talent to excel in this offense but it's just not happening.

Not rooting against the guy at all but it's looking more and more likely that this will be one of the worse signings of Belichick's tenure. Shame too. If we were going to bring in McDaniels' binkies, we could have just kept Salas, at this point, and probably gotten similar production.

Amendola has done nothing this season and shown he can do nothing. If we were to trade him for an RB or LB, it would be for a player that has done nothing and shown he can do nothing. If you trade a bad player then you can only expect to get a bad player in return.

We can get a serviceable rb or lb for Amendola. There are plenty of the rb and lb in the league who are solid players that are not starting.

Easily.

Hated this move from the started, hate it even more now.
Yeah, I was not a fan of it from the beginning. Still, I defended him last season because I alway try to be fair to every player. They're claiming he had surgery on the groin, but whatever. He's just bad.

We can get a serviceable rb or lb for Amendola. There are plenty of the rb and lb in the league who are solid players that are not starting.
Hes tough to trade mid-season. Good thought though...

I really thought he'd be a plug and play guy. Boy was I wrong.

Amenfaila is just that a failure that has done squat since coming to NE. Hoping he atleast can somehow squeeze out a couple diesent games to up the trade value a bit. Shall see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots