PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola: "This is home."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's home. Has family in the area. Was a factor in winning a SB and his woman (my avi) works for Curran's show.

D.A. is shagging Kay? He's my new hero. I saw an episode a few weeks ago of Quick Slants and Kay looks....should I say...larger from the waist up? Or was it the top she was wearing...mmm, not certain.o_O

After all the abuse this kid got for his first year and a half here, from both fans and the media, I'd glad that he feels this way. Most would have wanted out of here.

Of course it's home. Has family in the area. Was a factor in winning a SB and his woman (my avi) works for Curran's show.

Kay Adams is smoking hot!!

DA is one lucky SOB

My prediction for Brady6's activity in this thread...

tumblr_inline_njca04LsIG1t6a1wv.gif

As for Amendola, hopefully he can remain healthy going forward. I like that he came to the table to renegotiate his contract because, thus far, he hadn't earned it even in spite of the excellent postseason he had. That said, if we get 2014 postseason Amendola going forward, he'll be a steal.

The problem has always been having 2 guys playing the same role when there's room for only one. That and the excellent football Edelman is playing since Welker left gave us an Amendola making good money with low production. I hope they can find a way to Brady spread the ball between them, both with 600 yards is better than Edelman with 1000 and Dola with 200.

Last edited:
I like the redundancy Amendola provides with Edelman and feel like it was critical to their postseason success as well as providing insurance if Edelman gets hurt. I think he will show his value even more this coming season.

Danny Amendola plucks his eyebrows.

Well, that would be the 2001 Brady, wouldn't it?
Sorry, I misread your post thinking you were calling the 2001 Brady the "Deion Branch" Brady, I get a little sensitive about Troy, because I never think he gets the credit he deserves. lol

Good player, solid guy, and great value now for a #3 WR that could replace 80% of Jules in case of injury. And he stepped up in the play-offs, which is what you want.

He stood up and took every criticism (and there were thousands), never made excuses, just worked extra hard to find a role on this team. He made some huge plays for us in the play-offs to help us win a Super Bowl.

He wants to be here. And I'm glad he is.
I definitely wouldn't go that far. Edelman is an outside guy now for the most part, I doubt Dola could put up 80% of his numbers. Having said that, I do really like what Dola brought in the playoffs and glad to have him back at a discount. Man that effort td vs the Ravens and the big 3rd down vs the Seahawks were awesome to see. Guy is pure effort.

And some clutch returns. And I believe the Pats still would have been the 1 seed even with a loss ther. They had the tie breaker over Denver.

That GIF! Those plays where Brady ditched half of the Seattle defense behind him were magical.

I definitely wouldn't go that far. Edelman is an outside guy now for the most part, I doubt Dola could put up 80% of his numbers. Having said that, I do really like what Dola brought in the playoffs and glad to have him back at a discount. Man that effort td vs the Ravens and the big 3rd down vs the Seahawks were awesome to see. Guy is pure effort.

The amazing thing about Dola's plays on critical 3rd downs were the passes were 5-8 yards BEHIND the marker and he broke tackles on nearly EVERY single conversion. 100% pure effort and stronger will to make the play.

Brady6 suicide watch
Nah, I am fine with Amendola being here for the salary he is receiving in 2015. My issue was always that he did not perform up to his contract and that posters gave him a pass on that and instead hung a carrot out of “what could be if”.

As a #3 or #4 WR, #1 KR, and #2 PR he is a decent player, and I view it as a positive to have him as a viable backup to Edelman.

...No one can, or has ever been able to, hit quick receivers right on time, with safe accurate and sudden passes that neutralize the rush and leave defenses with nothing to do but limit yardage...

Bolded mine. The more I watch TB, the more I realize this shows why he's 2-moves ahead of other QBs. Even after everything a QB must do leading up to and finding that oh-so-magical "open" receiver, even under heavy pressure, TB always errs to the safe throw. Not just safe from INTs, but safe for the receiver to go catch it. While other QB's get excited just finding the open guy, that's where their duty seems to end. It's "I threw it, now you go get it" - That imminent bone crunching grade-1 concussion tackle be damned, or probably not even seen. Add a little pressure to the mix and it gets worse. Now its my neck or yours. "Here! Take the ball." Result is a wounded duck or a wildly off target throw with 3 defensive thugs and the LB coach lining up to take his head off when the ball finally floats back to earth. TB rarely get this flustered. To the very end, I feel he factors the safety of the receiver before he decides to where to put the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand