PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AdamJT13 predicts comp picks (5th, 6th, 6th, 7th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I was so upset about Givens' season-ending injury. Firstly, because DG's a good kid who worked extra-hard to make himself a valued commodity, and, unlike Meion, he left NE with no hard feelings. Secondly, because his lack of production would adversely effect our compensatory renumeration.

p.s.: Why should the effin dolts receive a 3rd for Edgerrin James? He didn't do jack shyte for the Cardinals...while we only get a 6th for the Vinitraitor? Un-effin-believable. The NFL's love affair with the dolts continues.

WOW. Talk about clueless. This is nothing to do with the NFL's "love affair" with the Colts. The free agent compensatory picks have followed the same formula for years. Its primarly based on the average salary of the contract the player signed. There are other factors, such as play-time and accomplishments and post-season honors, but its primarly salary.

Edgerrin James still managed to put up 1159 yards and 6 TDs for the hapless Cardinals. That is hardly saying that he did JACK for them.

It's a pretty safe bet to say that the Pats will not be getting any comp picks next year. If you think about it, the spending spree makes sense, once you signed Thomas, you were pretty much not going to get any comp picks, so you might as well go out and sign as many FA as you can.

Look for some draft day trades which garner the Pats extra picks in the 2008 draft to compesate for the lack of comp picks next year.

This is false. The Pats have lost TBC and Graham. Graham signed for a much larger than expected contract. Graham's signing would off-set Thomas. TBC's could off-set Stallworth's. It the contract for Washington that ends the idea that the Pats would get compensatory picks next year.

wouldn't surprise me if SD got a low 2nd rounder for Brees...they probably deserve it....obviously that would give them leverage to get whoever they want this year.

The highest comp pick that can be awarded is a 3rd rounder.

does anyone know if you can trade comp picks?

Guys, thanks so much for this! I've been looking for predictions on the comp picks. I wasn't aware of this KFFL guy.

I'm excited about the 3rd for EJ, though that was expected. I was hoping for a 4th for Thornton, but that looks doubtful. The Colts could use an extra third to find that #2 RB.

Guys, thanks so much for this! I've been looking for predictions on the comp picks. I wasn't aware of this KFFL guy.

I'm excited about the 3rd for EJ, though that was expected. I was hoping for a 4th for Thornton, but that looks doubtful. The Colts could use an extra third to find that #2 RB.

I wouldn't worry too much about the #2 back. With Indy's passing offense, just about any guy will look halfway decent.

Oddly enough, I will not be surprised if Indy goes after a WR pretty early. Harrison has to slow down eventually, doesn't he?

Two sixth round picks? That sux - you can't get anyone decent in the 6th round!

;)

Good player, 2000, 6th round, hmmmm... :confused:

:rocker:

Of course! Now that you mention it... Adalius Thomas!

But that's it - there's never been another good 6th round pick.

2 questions:
Was NE credited with the loss of free agent Michael Stone?
Do our 5th and (maybe 6th Michael Stone) net losses have any impact on compensation historically?
Thanks

2 questions:
Do our 5th and (maybe 6th Michael Stone) net losses have any impact on compensation historically?
Thanks

Only in that they will offset FA gains.

They have no affect on the compensation awarded for the net-loss players, though.

2 questions:
Thanks

Michael Stone made the vet minimum. He is probably below the threshold where he'd be included in the mix.

The 5th loss would be Andre Davis. And, to my knowledge it doesn't affect the picks. But AdamJT13 will have a better answer.

Of course! Now that you mention it... Adalius Thomas!

But that's it - there's never been another good 6th round pick.

Particularly in 2000. That was just one bad year for 6th rounders. Even worse than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News