PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Adalius Thomas will be a Patriot in 24-48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking about the freakin' Colts.

This is a Patriots board.

NM

Last edited:
Can the mods boot these trolls? Normally it is fine just ignoring them, but with so much going on right now it'd be nice to see them gone altogether.
I agree. Best is to put them where they belong, on the forum for visitors from other teams, but if you don't want to do that, at least for the next few days and the week before and after the draft.

I know the wisdom is to ignore them, but it is really hard to have a erious discussion with this guy around.

It's like having a little kid blowing a whistle when adults are talking, trying to get attention. Sure you can ignore him for a while, but eventually he gets a timeout.

Maybe somewhat. But, I'm not sure it's even about personnel. I mean you give up 12 points a game to everyone else, yet can't stop the Colts whatsoever. I think it's simply the fact that Peyton has Belichick's defense figured out. He knows every square inch of it.

Want to know what I think? Something the tapes appear to bear out?

It's halftime, and as they're going up the runway, Tom Moore pulls Tony Dungy aside and says, "Tony, we're losing - badly. In my estimation, there's only one thing we can do. We've gotta have the boys hold the hell out of them. It's our only chance.

"If the call us on it, so what? We lose anyway. And if we give Pey enough time, he'll pick apart whatever they throw at him."

A theory as plausible as any...

No sour grapes here - we lost, and I accept that.

You guys should just suck this up and move on, much like we did when Daddy Na-Polian went crying to the league that we "cheated" in '03.

Only we're not going to cry about it. We're gonna reload - big time.

Maybe we'll see you in the playoffs this coming season, but I wouldn't count on your being there if I were you.

per PFT

POSTED 11:40 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

THOMAS TO VISIT NINERS, PATS

Don Banks of SI.com reports that linebacker Adalius Thomas will visit the 49ers and the Patriots. The visits will start as soon as Saturday.

Banks says that the Niners are expected to offer more than $8 million per year, and that the Pats will come in with less money, but with a greater chance to deliver a Super Bowl championship.

If it is less, any difference will will be marginal at best.

I think they've learned from the Derrick Mason debacle.

if this happens..i will make out with a Schefter poster and dance naked outside at mid night

That's OK. :eek:

Wrong message responded to. Meant That's OK. :eek: to the guy that would dance naked.

Last edited:

I don't follow this...the Patriots offered Mason MORE than the Ravens did, what lesson do you think has been learned?

if this happens..i will make out with a Schefter poster and dance naked outside at mid night
:rofl:

(....Quietly calling home to tell the mrs. to draw the curtains and dont go out at night. dangerous vapors coming from the "moon".)

I don't follow this...the Patriots offered Mason MORE than the Ravens did, what lesson do you think has been learned?

That's not how I recall it.

The story that his wife wanted to be near the DC area may or may not have been true (I think there was something to it), but it gained a lot of traction with the public.

It was also reported that the Ravens "stepped up" with another offer that clinched the deal for them.

While the missus may have been (and probably was) persuasive, it is my understanding the Ravens had successfully outbid the Pats for his services.

If someone out there can point me to a source that says otherwise, I will stand corrected.

Yep. The Patriots were on the unfamiliar end of the taking less money to play elsewhere stick.

About Mason, we offered more than Baltimore, Mason's wifey wanted to live in Baltimore, I believe for family reasons, but the main reason he chose the Ravens over us was his woman wanting to live in Baltimore.

Now back to the Thomas rumors, man oh man, if this happens, you might has well name the 2007 "Belichick's Revenge." The way we could attack with our LB's and DL with the talent we would have adding Thomas, if we avoid the awful injury bug our secondary has been hit with the last few years, having a defense with the names Harrison, Seymour, Colvin, Samuel, Hobbs, Wilfork, Warren and everybody else who would be starting, well, have fun scoring, since most teams wouldn't be able to score many TDs on our defense. And Reiss said we were going to be aggressive in FA, so why do I think this if this goes down, there will be many other pieces that might fall into place.

While the missus may have been (and probably was) persuasive, it is my understanding the Ravens had successfully outbid the Pats for his services.

If someone out there can point me to a source that says otherwise, I will stand corrected.

We'll never know exactly how it played out, but here's a link to an article...

http://ravens.scout.com/2/357225.html

... that says:

"Mason chose the Ravens over the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, actually turning down more money to sign with Baltimore."

He will be 30 this year. I hope he doesn't lose a step in next two years....I wonder what type of contract they are offering? 15mill bonus and 5 years for 37.5-40 million total? Will that be enough to get it done? Better lock up Warren and Wilfork soon......

Last edited:
He will be 30 this year. I hope he doesn't lose a step in next two years....I wonder what type of contract they are offering? 15mill bonus and 5 years for 37.5-40 million total? Will that be enough to get it done? Better lock up Warren and Wilfork soon......

30 YO has been the prime for several patriot LBs. little early to be talking numbers. Gotta hope we can lock up wilfork and warren but that is stuff for another day.

First of all, nice avatar there with Stanley Morgan. That was about it. Oh yeah, A.T., get him.

His age is a slight concern, but you have to keep in mind that he did not play much early on in his career. He hardly played at all his rookie year, and its only since 2003 that he has been a regular contributor. So he should not have as much wear and tear as you would expect from someone with his experience.

That said, I'd hope the contract would be structured in such a way that he could possibly be cut loose after 3 or 4 years, if necessary.

Just heard on WEEI. Sources tell him that the Pats are the leading contender for him.

i could see that. he could be another mcginnist type who can play LB or DE that billicheck likes. and thomas can even drop back in coverage. he has the versatility BB loves. question as always at what cost?

Love the versatility he brings. Don;'t love the fact that we'd be putting a boat load of money into one player. I have flashbacks to '03 with Colvin. We won it all that year, but you can't always count on things working out so well. I just have these nightmare scenarios of blown out achiles in training camp or something equally bizarre.

ten hours and counting......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents