PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Adalius Thomas will be a Patriot in 24-48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys would be great on a farm, counting every egg

Welcome to the 21st Century. When you have a channel on both TV and Radio, a huge amount of reporters, blogs, webpages and web-boards all dedicated to following the movements of the NFL then every rumour will get blown up in a matter of seocnds. Thats why it is fun, and generates tons of cash.

The latest (as per PFT) is that the 49ers have reportedly signed Nate Clements.

Details are sketchy at this point, but if that deal is done then thats one less team to worry about.

NM

If the 49ers signed already signed a premier FA, this is great news..................

It's just too good to be true. It ain't over till the fat lady sings guys. Don't get your hopes up to high, just to get them dashed. This is FA, after all.

If the 49ers signed already signed a premier FA, this is great news..................

It's just too good to be true. It ain't over till the fat lady sings guys. Don't get your hopes up to high, just to get them dashed. This is FA, after all.

Its like the Matsuzaka deal now! It MUST happen!

Hey there!

What you write is spot on - who knows what the real deal is, until it actually goes down?

I dont know about you, but I love the FA speculation, almost as I love the mock drafts and the actual event.

If it doesn't happen then thats fine, but its nice having the Patriots involved in these situations - I trust the Patriots FO implicitly to make the best decision.

NM

sportsflash on eei is reporting its the pats AND the 49ers as leading candidates :rocker:

I saw Donnie Edwards on Cold Pizza (I know I know crap program) and I was thinking he was a Pats type player and might finally be a possibility for the Pats now that he is a FA. Doesn't look like it now with these rumors.

per PFT

POSTED 11:40 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

THOMAS TO VISIT NINERS, PATS

Don Banks of SI.com reports that linebacker Adalius Thomas will visit the 49ers and the Patriots. The visits will start as soon as Saturday.

Banks says that the Niners are expected to offer more than $8 million per year, and that the Pats will come in with less money, but with a greater chance to deliver a Super Bowl championship.

I saw Donnie Edwards on Cold Pizza (I know I know crap program) and I was thinking he was a Pats type player and might finally be a possibility for the Pats now that he is a FA. Doesn't look like it now with these rumors.

The Saints are supposedly going to go hard after Edwards. They wanted him last season but couldn't agree on the draft pick to send SD, I think the Chargers wanted a 2nd and the Saints wanted to give a 4th.

per PFT

POSTED 11:40 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

THOMAS TO VISIT NINERS, PATS

Don Banks of SI.com reports that linebacker Adalius Thomas will visit the 49ers and the Patriots. The visits will start as soon as Saturday.

Banks says that the Niners are expected to offer more than $8 million per year, and that the Pats will come in with less money, but with a greater chance to deliver a Super Bowl championship.

This sounds logical.

The Niners have more than enough cap room to sign Clements and Thomas and two or three other top FA's ..... if that's what they wish to do.

This signing will be a tremendous boost to the Pats defense. Adalius even played some at safety. Just imagine a fast, smart 270# LB/safety. No more Peyton exposing the middle of Pats secondary with tight ends. It would open up the Pats draft as they usually don't target specific weaknesses and take "the best player available".

Thomas is the only FA I wanted the Pats to pursue hard...hope it works out

our front seven: wilfork, warren, sey, colvin, vrabel, thomas, bruschi... I would hate to want to game plan against that. I hope this comes true.

And throw into the mix a DeOssie, also CB Chris Houston at pick 28 and the secondary with Samuel, Harrison, Wilson, and Gay returning... it has me giddy thinking about it.

They're not all going to stay healthy but we can easily sustain a dominiating defense due to quality depth. No more Chad Brown's seeing PT.

PFT

POSTED 9:51 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

PATS TARGETING THOMAS?

Several readers tells us that Adam Schefter of NFL Network said earlier this morning on WEEI in Boston that the Pats will make a big push for linebacker Adalius Thomas within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Meanwhile, John Clayton of ESPN.com reports that Thomas will visit the 49ers.

We heard earlier this week that the 49ers were believed to have a deal in principle with Thomas. But the problem with deals struck before the start of free agency is that they're not enforceable, and the player can pull the plug if he so chooses.
Not to mention that they are illegal (tampering) under the CBA.

No more Peyton exposing the middle of Pats secondary with tight ends

In the regular season game, he threw almost exclusively at your corners. In the playoffs, he threw down the middle. Maybe next time, he will go after your corners again.

Last edited:
You have to admit that our corners were playing exponentially better in the second game when compared to the first game. Also, isn't it possible that the reason he threw down the middle in the second game is due to the fact our corners played so well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back