PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Humphries: "Who knows how many (years) he’s got left?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like Adam Humphries to be a standup guy about his own words.........just like others who put their feet in their mouths like Dion "That's what you get when you're cheap" Lewis (after Tenn beat the Pats in the reg season before the Pats went on to win the SB) and Lane "My 15 minutes are up, so I'm gonna say something stupid like 'I'd rather have fun winning one Super Bowl than be the Patriots drudging through 5" Johnson.

Idjits be idjits.
There’s no comparison between what Dion said and what Humphries said.

If the Titans fall to 2-6 by the deadline and Humphries’ production stays mediocre, would they trade him already? His 2020 salary isn’t guaranteed, so he could be a candidate to just get cut early in the offseason otherwise.

(Their next two games are at home against the similarly incompetent Chargers and Bucs, so this is far from guaranteed.)

Interesting little nugget today.
A 3rd or 4th round quarterback with McDaniels and Belichick guiding him will fare better than Marcus Mariota and his 59.1 completion percentage.

I could see joining Russell Wilson or Carson Wentz rather than Brady because they are in the middle to early stages of their careers. But a JAG on the Patriots after Brady retires has more potential upside than Mariota.

This seems like a guy with buyer's remorse looking to justify his poor decision to himself.

Offseason.

And we get to make fun of him now that it is clearly obvious he done ****ed up.

Life is good! :p
He sure done ****ed up with a 4 yr/ $36 M, $12M guaranteed at signing w/$19M total guaranteed contract, lol.

Life in fact is very good for 26 year old Adam Humphries. :)

He sure done ****ed up with a 4 yr/ $36 M, $12M guaranteed at signing w/$19M total guaranteed contract, lol.

Life in fact is very good for 26 year old Adam Humphries. :)

And it' s been reported we offered or countered with more then the Titans offered. Now his stats are down and the Titans suck. He F*cked up.

The irony here is...if he only chased the all mighty dollar...he'd be more successful in life.

Last edited:
And it' s been reported we offered or countered with more then the Titans offered. Now his stats are down and the Titans suck. He F*cked up.

The irony here is...if he only chased the all mighty dollar...he'd be more successful in life.

To be fair, no one could have predicted Mariota would be Ryan Leaf this year.

Eh, I don’t know. He threw a grand total of 11 touchdowns, last season. The year before, he threw 13 touchdowns vs. 15 picks.

If you’re a starting QB on one of the 32 NFL teams and you’re barely hitting double digit TDs every season, I think it’s safe to assume that your job may be in jeopardy at some point in the near future, especially if you’re a top 1-2 pick in the draft.

This all said, I still don’t blame Humphries for honoring his commitment to Vrabel and the Titans. He gave them his word after accepting the best offer (at the time) that was available, and some people want to act like that’s a negative character trait. He would’ve made a nice addition in NE, but it is what it is.

Also, to be fair some guys like to have fun, which isn't happening in NEP. :rolleyes:

Tannehill might be Humphries saving grace if he can stay healthy and not blow a acl. The Titans are kinda stocked on Offense it was Mariota who was holding them back. The Titans are lucky they didn't invest in him long term. Mariota cost himself a lot of $$$$$$ in a prove it year some Team will get him for cheap on the open FA market.

Lol dion lewis has 116 total yards this season hahaaa.

Tannehill might be Humphries saving grace if he can stay healthy and not blow a acl. The Titans are kinda stocked on Offense it was Mariota who was holding them back. The Titans are lucky they didn't invest in him long term. Mariota cost himself a lot of $$$$$$ in a prove it year some Team will get him for cheap on the open FA market.
Mariota was always his best own receiver anyways

Mariota was always his best own receiver anyways

Yeah I remember that throw and catch putting a flaw in Giselle's statement that a QB cannot throw it and catch it.:D

I thought I read that NE's offer was made after TN made theirs, and TN had put the heat on him to accept their offer, and he had at least verbally indicated to TN that he would accept. Thus he didn't want to go back on his word, even when NE came through. If so, the guy showed some character, though the Brady comments detract from that somewhat.

...Part of me wonders if when Bob called Bill and the topic was waive AB, I wonder if Bob said to Bill, "We have a great team and you have things running great. Your job is hard enough. Do you really need this ******** at your age?"
Seeing that it was Bill himself who signed Clowntonio to that dumb-ass, Amateur-Hour contract in the first place while by-passing Nick & Early-Bird's input, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Nah, I kinda doubt it...

He’s exactly what I thought he’d be. They shouldn’t have paid his 5th year option without at least a 50% discount.

He’s exactly what I thought he’d be. They shouldn’t have paid his 5th year option without at least a 50% discount.

That's not how it works. Teams have to decide after the third offseason, and it's guaranteed for injury as soon as it's offered, and fully guaranteed at the start of the fifth league year (i.e., Mariota's money was guaranteed this past March).

That's not how it works. Teams have to decide after the third offseason, and it's guaranteed for injury as soon as it's offered, and fully guaranteed at the start of the fifth league year (i.e., Mariota's money was guaranteed this past March).
Ah you can’t re-negotiate or rip it up with a new one year deal? I’d have cut him then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes