PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas tells Bart Scott "I want to be a Jet" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adalius Thomas wants to play for the Jets

The more ink this gets the less likely Bill is to cut him. At least becore TC winds down. And the more likely he trades him for a swap of 7th this year with a team picking below us...and a conditional 2011 pick if he makes the pro bowl...

I could care less if this jackass signed with NY from a talent standpoint, and I have a feeling BB couldn't care less either. It's his system knowledge that you want to keep away from a division rival, as well as his insight on what we know or project about matching up against them based on our own film study and analysis.

Hopefully the lesson to be learned here was. If Ozzie isn't willing to extend himself for a player or coach you probably want to think long and hard before extending yourself for them, too. I think Rex, much like Mangidiot, got a nice adreneline bump in his first season in the Big Apples swamp. This year all the FA he inherited are a year older, there is ample film on the Snachise heading into his sophomore season (and I expect a bigger slump than Ryan or Flacco experienced), some of the natives are getting restless as guys like Jones are cast aside while an overpaid draft bust like Gholston remains and an benched underachiever like Rhodes reportedly gets to decide if he wishes to stay or go... Having limited draft picks and access to FA will take it's toll because if you aren't getting better you're getting worse.

Conjecture is saying that KOC played any part in the Pats loss to the Jets. There's no evidence suggesting that, other than the fact that we lost, which can be attributed more to it being Brady's 2nd game back from an injury detrimental to his mobility, against a blitz happy team, on the road, without his blitz-beating safety valve in Welker.

Ok, so you dismiss the potential harm involved in allowing O'Connell to go to the Jets as conjecture but you're more than willing to write off the loss for other reasons WHICH YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE FOR?

It's very likely a healthy Brady but where is the EVIDENCE that we would have won with Welker as opposed to Edelman? It's just conjecture.

Do you think there is no potential harm in allowing Thomas to go to the Jets?

It's very likely a healthy Brady but where is the EVIDENCE that we would have won with Welker as opposed to Edelman? It's just conjecture.

2nd game, check out welker's numbers... just saying

If AD went to the Jets I think you'd see his numbers improve for a few reasons:

1. He'd have something to prove (at least vs the Pats)--which is huge for a guy who's had obvious motivation problems here
2. He'd thrive on the freewheeling, aggressive Jets D
3. He'd be happier

Edit: I'd be happy to see him go, but prefer to have him land elsewhere, even within the division.

Last edited:

2nd game, check out welker's numbers... just saying

Welker didn't have any numbers because he didnt play, Edelman DID have numbers because he did play but it's absolute conjecture to claim there is any EVIDENCE that we would have won with Welker.

Also, that's all really besides the point, the point is that it's stupid to allow a malcontent on your team/country to join your enemy, and it's ESPECIALLY stupid when they have inside info on you.

The Lions picked up KoC at no cost and then sold him for a 7th, I don't know if the Lions would have been willing to part with a 7th for him but I'd rather get a 7th than nothing and we could have inserted a clause forbidding his subsequent trade to certain teams.

Cutting the guy without compensation is just macho ego-stroking, it's a symbolic middle-finger to the player saying "you're not worth anything", and while that might make you feel cool it doesn't help you win football games which is what I'm interested in.

Trade Thomas.

Welker didn't have any numbers because he didnt play, Edelman DID have numbers because he did play but it's absolute conjecture to claim there is any EVIDENCE that we would have won with Welker.

Second game against the Jets... 15 receptions, 192 yards. Why was their "inside information" only good for one game? Welker's absence was the key factor not some stupid inside information you think they got. There's really no secrets between division rivals to begin with.

Cutting the guy without compensation is just macho ego-stroking, it's a symbolic middle-finger to the player saying "you're not worth anything", and while that might make you feel cool it doesn't help you win football games which is what I'm interested in.

Trade Thomas.

I agree, I have said since day one there's extremely slim chance Thomas would get flat out cut. BB will get some value out of him one way or another.

I just wanted to say that I really don't give a rats-azz what he wants and I hope Bill feels the same.

Ok, so you dismiss the potential harm involved in allowing O'Connell to go to the Jets as conjecture but you're more than willing to write off the loss for other reasons WHICH YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE FOR?

Yeah, I'm basing my theory on PLAYS that I can see with my EYES on the FIELD. Not what I perceive to be going on behind closed doors.

The evidence? sheesh
.. The fact that the Offense is more high powered with 2 capable WRs in there instead of ONE and a rookie in Edelman? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

And there is plenty of evidence that Brady wasn't as comfortable moving around the pocket early in the season. Including in the Jets game where they surprised the Pats by blitzing heavily..

Everyone wants to be a Jet now.

By the way I believe the Jets traded a 7th for OConnel

They did. Pats cut him, Lions signed him, and traded him to Jets!

Now that Schefter has reported Leon Washington did get a second round RFA tag...if Leon can pass a physical let's trade Afailius for Leon.

If Belichick can get a conditional seventh for Thomas, he will happily trade him. In fact, that is probably the most they can get. If he could somehow convince the Seahawks to trade Branch for him (although I wonder how much he has left), Kraft should fly Thomas to Seattle in his private jet. Thomas has next to no trade value at this point and next to nothing is better than letting him go to the Jets.

I personally see Thomas a player with an attitude, lack of dedication, and declining skills; but I don't want him to prove me wrong while playing with the Jets.

Now that Schefter has reported Leon Washington did get a second round RFA tag...if Leon can pass a physical let's trade Afailius for Leon.

That would be a steal in our part and I doubt they would do it. They do have Greene and Jones though..

That would be a steal in our part and I doubt they would do it. They do have Greene and Jones though..
They don't have Jones.

If Belichick can get a conditional seventh for Thomas, he will happily trade him. In fact, that is probably the most they can get. If he could somehow convince the Seahawks to trade Branch for him (although I wonder how much he has left), Kraft should fly Thomas to Seattle in his private jet. Thomas has next to no trade value at this point and next to nothing is better than letting him go to the Jets.

I personally see Thomas a player with an attitude, lack of dedication, and declining skills; but I don't want him to prove me wrong while playing with the Jets.

Or ya know he could just be forced to suck it up and throw on a Patriots jersey, earn his playing time or ride the bench whatever.

Second game against the Jets... 15 receptions, 192 yards. Why was their "inside information" only good for one game? Welker's absence was the key factor not some stupid inside information you think they got. There's really no secrets between division rivals to begin with.

That dog doesn't hunt, one cannot extrapolate based on one game what will happen in another, they're 2 different events. We eeked out a victory against the Ravens early in the season and they owned us in the playoffs, SB42 was a very different game than in week 17 in 07.

The smart money would be on Welker producing better than Edelman, I agree with that, but you cannot simply dismiss my claim that you don't want your players going to your rivals based on LACK OF EVIDENCE and then make another claim that is IMPOSSIBLE to be substantiated unless you have a time machine and can create then compare alternate realities.

I say we trade him to the Lions for a 7th Rdr.
See how he likes it there.

Yeah, I'm basing my theory on PLAYS that I can see with my EYES on the FIELD. Not what I perceive to be going on behind closed doors.

The Jets beat us, how can you say that KoC's info didn't help their defense? Rex Ryan admitted that they pumped him for as much info as possible.

Anyway, please tell me why it's not better to send Thomas to an NFC team we won't play as opposed to the Jets, who are the strongest competition in our own division.

Now that's something I'd be all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes