PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas tells Bart Scott "I want to be a Jet" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adalius Thomas wants to play for the Jets

I'd trade AD for a 3rd to 4th round pick easy. But if he's going to the Jets, I'd want at least a 2nd round pick back.

I just wanted to say that I really don't give a rats-azz what he wants and I hope Bill feels the same.

Just wondering so don't kill me all you Pats experts I just have a question.
With a disgruntled veteran like this would Belichick ever talk one on one with the guy and find out what he thinks he should be doing for the team? At least talk to the guy and see whats going on?

I think he makes the Patriots a better team. He needs to be on board and believe. Is that possible?

With a disgruntled veteran like this would Belichick ever talk one on one with the guy and find out what he thinks he should be doing for the team? At least talk to the guy and see whats going on?

I think he makes the Patriots a better team. He needs to be on board and believe. Is that possible?

BB does have the mediots perception of being a cold, withdrawn, distant HC. IMO he is anything but. I firmly believe that he and AD have had conversations similar to what you have outlined. BB does take a great deal of input from veterans. I don't think communication w/ players is a problem for BB.

My gut tells me that they have covered this ground a couple of times. Coul be that either AD is too pig-headed to do what BB feels the team needs or BB is treating AD like a piece of meat, Ad resents it, and that may be the source of the friction. Maybe its a combo of the circumstances, but I think its the former..

That dog doesn't hunt, one cannot extrapolate based on one game what will happen in another, they're 2 different events. We eeked out a victory against the Ravens early in the season and they owned us in the playoffs, SB42 was a very different game than in week 17 in 07.

The smart money would be on Welker producing better than Edelman, I agree with that, but you cannot simply dismiss my claim that you don't want your players going to your rivals based on LACK OF EVIDENCE and then make another claim that is IMPOSSIBLE to be substantiated unless you have a time machine and can create then compare alternate realities.

Yeah no sorry it's all the inside information, nothing to do with Welker. Argue it until you are blue in the face and you'll just be a wrong smurf.

Yeah no sorry it's all the inside information, nothing to do with Welker. Argue it until you are blue in the face and you'll just be a wrong smurf.

That poster is 100% correct, and as usual you sound like the typical homer that makes this board a joke at times. Infact, I'd say you are the biggest HOMER on this board...totally incapable of saying anything negative about the Patriots, EVER. I mean honestly, when are you not arguing in the Pat's favor? Every single post I see from you, it's the same story :rolleyes:

Then you call the guy a smurf? You sound like that idiot DaBruinz, who is always attacking those that don't share "his" idiotic point of view. He's another homer meatball.

You're a disgrace, plain and simple.

Why do you think your OPINION is better than anyone else? You're just some hack who sits on an internet message board 23 hours per day, taking everything way to serious. Proof? Ha-ha, what a dolt. Get a life buddy.

Last edited:
ADT will be solid but not spectacular for the Jets.

Everyone freaking out that he'll return to his Baltimore days with his ex-Baltimore coach. He's a great signing for the Jets but he's not a scary player anymore but he'll certainly be used more effectively by Ryan.

We need to send him out to OAKLAND. Him and Al should get along swimmingly!

Then you call the guy a smurf? You sound like that idiot DaBruinz, who is always attacking those that don't share "his" idiotic point of view. He's another homer meatball.

argue until you are blue in the face... smurfs are blue right? It wasn't an insult it was a stupid joke. Learn how to read, because you sir are an idiot. That IS an insult dumbass.

Everyone wants to be a Jet now.

By the way I believe the Jets traded a 7th for OConnel

yeah but we all know mid season it'll be SOJ

The way I see it the Jets won 1 quality game in their last 6...and that was against The SD Chokers

ATL - loss (Wrecks Ryan thought they were knocked out)
IND - gift
Cinn - gift/bungalls
Cinn - bungalls
SD - Choakers but I will give you this one
IND - loss

Before he retired Bruschi said he wanted to see if there was a role for him on the team. When you're on a championship caliber team that's what is needed. Bruschi did it, Vrabel did it, Faulk ... even Corey Dillon bought into it and was an excellent pass blocker when needed.

Bill has been around the game long enough to know what every player on this team does best ... and surely he knows what AD does best at this point.

But his value to the team is the role where he fits in ... where he helps the most. Dropping into coverage and being the spy I guess don't motivate him. AD is not motivated by that role ... too bad really because he is supposed to be a leader and he is not and that hurts the team both on the field and in the locker room.

Last edited:
Honestly, I havn't seen anything out of this guy since 07 that would lead me to believe that another GM (Other than Rex) would want to deal for him or make me afraid of himm bringing his piss poor game to the Jests.

yeah but we all know mid season it'll be SOJ

The way I see it the Jets won 1 quality game in their last 6...and that was against The SD Chokers

ATL - loss (Wrecks Ryan thought they were knocked out)
IND - gift
Cinn - gift/bungalls
Cinn - bungalls
SD - Choakers but I will give you this one
IND - loss

========================================================

That seems to be the oppinion of a lot of folks around here.:)

Closer to the truth is the Jets got on a hot streak and were playing good down the streach and into the AFC Championship game.:cool:

So, Adalius Thomas wants to be a Green Bean. I hope he's traded to Detroit, St. Louis or Seattle with a no-deal-with-Jersey clause. What a disappointment that jag-off turned out to be.

Last edited:
Perhaps a minor point, but since Adalius Thomas is still under contract does Bart Scott making these comments public constitute tampering? It's a dumb rule since it's rarely enforced and almost impossible to prove, but nevertheless tampering is still an NFL rule.

So its settled then, we'll trade him to the Rams or Lions. Have a nice career Adali-ass

Perhaps a minor point, but since Adalius Thomas is still under contract does Bart Scott making these comments public constitute tampering? It's a dumb rule since it's rarely enforced and almost impossible to prove, but nevertheless tampering is still an NFL rule.

==========================================================

I think players can say pretty much what they want. Because they often times do.

It's management and coaches that can't.

In general it's a very bad idea to allow your malcontents to join your nearest enemy, by foolishly cutting Kevin O'Connell instead of trading him BB allowed the Jets to get inside info on our team which they used to beat us in week 2.
Gimme a break. Every team has players from other teams. This is so lame.

The Jets beat us becuase Sanchez played a perdfect game. If he threw pics like he did in other games, the Jets would have lost both games to us.

That poster is 100% correct, and as usual you sound like the typical homer that makes this board a joke at times. Infact, I'd say you are the biggest HOMER on this board...totally incapable of saying anything negative about the Patriots, EVER. I mean honestly, when are you not arguing in the Pat's favor? Every single post I see from you, it's the same story :rolleyes:

You're a disgrace, plain and simple.

Why do you think your OPINION is better than anyone else? You're just some hack who sits on an internet message board 23 hours per day, taking everything way to serious. Proof? Ha-ha, what a dolt. Get a life buddy.
What are you? Like six years old?

What are you? Like six years old?

======================================================

Same thing going on at JI and some other boards, every one is turning on each other, well at least worse then normal.

BB's pretty good friends with Jerry Angelo of.....Duh Bears, if I recall

At least he maneuvered for Ty Warren and got a sweetheart deal for big Ted Washington thanks to him, I believe. Maybe Jerry could make a big play for Adalius and get outbid by the Jets to the tune of a 2 and a player.

It wouldn't bother me that much. His recent act tells me he's a mutt at heart anyway and his best days are behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back