PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas tells Bart Scott "I want to be a Jet" [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Adalius Thomas tells Bart Scott "I want to be a Jet"

He's not going to be a Jet next season guaranteed.

Now when you use quotation marks with regards to a player saying something, you usually don't want to paraphrase. Nowhere in that article do I ever see the words "I want to be a Jet".

re: Adalius Thomas tells Bart Scott "I want to be a Jet"

Trade him to the highest bidder even if it is for a bag of footballs. No way should that %#@& get his wish and go to the Jets. Unfortunately, I don't know if the Pats will get any trade partners and may be forced to cut him outright.

Re: Adalius Thomas wants to play for the Jets

So if he was released he'd like to play for his former DC and a successfully aggressive defense.

ray lewis basically called AD a girl on his way out of baltimore......

not sure where the jets would put him since they already have bryan thomas and calvin pace.....I welcome the notion of putting AD on the field instead of one of those 2

Who would want to play for the jets?

By saying he wants to play for the Jets he's really saying he would rather play at 1/2 speed on the Patriots. The more he talks Jets the better the chances Bill just keeps him IMO.

Yeah because ADT is suddenly going to become a 15 sack monster wearing Jet green. Please let the clown go, as long as he's gone from here.

Read the title of the thread, Adalius Thomas would.

I think that was a rhetorical question lol. I think he was kind of saying like "why would anyone who is sane want to play for the Jets?"

trade him there???

why not lol

Yeah because ADT is suddenly going to become a 15 sack monster wearing Jet green. Please let the clown go, as long as he's gone from here.

Exactly. AT's best sack season was 11 with the Ravens, and that was three years and one season ending injury ago. I don't think he'd be much better there than he was here, his sacks just might go up by a couple.

Ryan made the Jets defense a LOT better than it had been under Mangina, I'll bet if Thomas ends up there his numbers improve quite a bit.

In general it's a very bad idea to allow your malcontents to join your nearest enemy, by foolishly cutting Kevin O'Connell instead of trading him BB allowed the Jets to get inside info on our team which they used to beat us in week 2.

Ryan made the Jets defense a LOT better than it had been under Mangina, I'll bet if Thomas ends up there his numbers improve quite a bit.

In general it's a very bad idea to allow your malcontents to join your nearest enemy, by foolishly cutting Kevin O'Connell instead of trading him BB allowed the Jets to get inside info on our team which they used to beat us in week 2.

That is 100% conjecture. Seems to me KOC was used more as a mind game, and the lack of Welker played a MUCH bigger role in that loss than O'Connell's "inside info" did.

The patriots have to decide whether to pay him $4.9M of new salary money. If not, we will say whether anyone is willing to trade a 7th for the priviledge of paying AS $4.9M for his services in 2010 with an option to pay him $5.9M in 2010. If there are no trade partners, then we will see where he plays. The jets does seem most likely.

That is 100% conjecture. Seems to me KOC was used more as a mind game, and the lack of Welker played a MUCH bigger role in that loss than O'Connell's "inside info" did.

Exactly what is conjecture?

You're probably right that not having Welker hurt us more but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to let players to defect to one's enemies. I don't want to give the Jets the slightest advantage if I can help it, I'd also like to get more picks in this LOADED draft.

Everyone wants to be a Jet now.

By the way I believe the Jets traded a 7th for OConnel

Exactly what is conjecture?

You're probably right that not having Welker hurt us more but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to let players to defect to one's enemies. I don't want to give the Jets the slightest advantage if I can help it, I'd also like to get more picks in this LOADED draft.

Conjecture is saying that KOC played any part in the Pats loss to the Jets. There's no evidence suggesting that, other than the fact that we lost, which can be attributed more to it being Brady's 2nd game back from an injury detrimental to his mobility, against a blitz happy team, on the road, without his blitz-beating safety valve in Welker.

Conjecture is saying that KOC played any part in the Pats loss to the Jets. There's no evidence suggesting that, other than the fact that we lost, which can be attributed more to it being Brady's 2nd game back from an injury detrimental to his mobility, against a blitz happy team, on the road, without his blitz-beating safety valve in Welker.

While true, AD would likely play a much larger role in the Jets game planning than O'Connell did. AD has been a starter on our defense for the past 3 years and knows our formations, how we communicate, and what we like to do. O'Connell was only with us for 1 year and never started.

For the people talking about sack totals, those don't tell the whole story. It's all about the pressure you get on the QB, not necessarily the sacks. AD could go there and have 5 sacks but still have an extremely productive season. If sacks were the main barometer used in evaluating OLB's play, then AD would be an upgrade over Bryan Thomas who only had 2 sacks, while Adalius had 3.

Adalius is a freak of an athlete and he seems to still have some juice left. I'm sure Ryan would love to pick up and be able to have a rotation of AD, Pace, and Thomas to unleash hell on QB's. I do think AD would be productive in NY, and that is why I would strongly consider trying to mend the fences and keep him and maybe use him at SILB, or trade him to some team desperate for pass rush help for a 7th round pick. Reiss' Branch for AD trade sounds good, but I don't know if Carroll would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back