PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas discusses being deactivated

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think they should put him back in the game, he is a very good player they be dumb to sit him out for the rest of the season.
signed A Thomas' brother

there, finished it for ya

I think if any NFL starter gets benched, they are going to be ticked. Some are just better at hiding their emotions.

Hard to expect happyface when he has to answer dumb questions about something that upset him.

But I do feel a bit like an ass since I went around in the summer of '07 talking about how great AT was going to be for the Pats. :rolleyes:

Really? Bigger bust than Chad Jackson, Monty Biesel, Chad Brown, Bethel Johnson, Duane Starks, and Deltha O'Neal? Those guys were signed for less money, but they were never productive for the Pats. Thomas, overpaid or not, has made some major plays for us over the years.

Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson were both draft picks, not free agent signings.

Chad Jackson and Bethel Johnson were both draft picks, not free agent signings.

The guy I quoted called Adalius the "biggest bust" of the Belioli era. If he had specified FA bust, then I obviously wouldn't have included draft picks, but he didn't.

Adalius Thomas ... be still my beating heart ... Ninky is my binky. Adalius ... just my opinion but I root for the uniform and when the uniform is too clean and looks like it just came out of the locker then it's time for someone else to wear it.

I could care less what you have to say or what you think about your coach. Step up or step out ... I'll cheer for the next guy who takes pride in the uniform and when you disrespect the uniform you disrespect your team and you disrespect us fans. Boo Hoo ... I've had it with millionaire lazy players - suck it up and and clam the piehole.

Last edited:
No other coach would mass bench vets like that. If he was right, I'm glad he did it. This team needed shaking up, we'd become a front running finesse team.

I think AD and the corners will rise to the challenge, and if they don't screw 'em. I'd like to see more hustle and aggression on both sides of the ball, whether from undrafted FAs, or expensive free agents.

I don't think AD is necessarily finished here yet. I'm hoping his play improves markedly over the course of the season though. In fact, I'm hoping this is a mini version of Brandon Marshall in Denver. Gets benched (ok, marshall was suspended) then light comes on, plays outstanding, and then starts man hugging away with BB. :D

I don't think AD is necessarily finished here yet. I'm hoping his play improves markedly over the course of the season though. In fact, I'm hoping this is a mini version of Brandon Marshall in Denver. Gets benched (ok, marshall was suspended) then light comes on, plays outstanding, and then starts man hugging away with BB. :D

The fan's focus at the next home game will be on Adalius. He is under the microscope ... he is way screwed.

The fan's focus at the next home game will be on Adalius. He is under the microscope ... he is way screwed.

Brandon Marshall was even under more scrutiny methinks.

Some of the comments in here are ludicrous.

Firstly Adalius done what almost every other Patriot does when facing the media and thats say nothing.

Secondly while the guy has not been an all-pro during his time here he has still had a lot of good performances. He had a very good 2007 and was hampered with injury in 2008. The fact that he had less sacks those two years than in his time in Baltimore might have more to do with the playcalling of the Patriots than with his ability.

Its hard to know why he was dropped but Adalius gave no clues, much the same as BB.

I found this excerpt about Jevon Kearse very interesting because it seems like it is similar to the A.Thomas issue:

"I still don’t understand Fisher’s decision with defensive end Jevon Kearse,who packed up and went home when he found out he was a healthy scratch before the team’s Week 5 game against Indianapolis. Fisher declined to fine Kearse, whose departure upon finding out his inactive status is far from typical behavior. On some teams, it wouldn’t be tolerated. One AFC executive, who has been in the league for more than 20 years and worked for several teams, told Yahoo! Sports that he’s never seen a player go unpunished for leaving the stadium after being designated a healthy game-day scratch."

My question is.... is this any different than what happened with A.Thomas. Wasn't he a healthy game-day scratch and didn't he go home and watch the game from there? Just curious.

(From article: Fisher's attempt at humor could backfire - NFL - Yahoo! Sports )

I remember a story about Tommy being benched at Michigan where he was a captain and the clear choice of his teamates and he gave the pre game and halftime pep talks.

Bill is trying to not just coach up players to play to their potential, he's trying to identify leaders on a team that lost a bunch of 'em recently. Guys who didn't always get to start or even play at times but who used that to motivate themselves and in turn motivated others to step up their overall game. He routinely tears Tommy a new one in front of his teamates to prove to them that no one is immune or bigger than the team. That's why a player like Randy can take constructive criticism or just play a role here - because he saw it dished out to guys he assumed were above it from day one here and saw them just do what they were asked to. He does eventually part ways with players who don't respond (Milloy) and possibly those on whom the criticism perhaps begins to wear thin (Vrabel, Willie) as injuries mount and age takes it's toll around the same time they're looking at a restructures...

Some of the comments in here are ludicrous.

Firstly Adalius done what almost every other Patriot does when facing the media and thats say nothing.

Secondly while the guy has not been an all-pro during his time here he has still had a lot of good performances. He had a very good 2007 and was hampered with injury in 2008. The fact that he had less sacks those two years than in his time in Baltimore might have more to do with the playcalling of the Patriots than with his ability.

Its hard to know why he was dropped but Adalius gave no clues, much the same as BB.

I think people were not that impressed with his curt 'ask Bill, he has all the answers'. Maybe they were expecting him to be a more contrite whereas he sounds more sullen and sulking.

Dubt if there are many who can appear positive and send the 'correct' signals after a public humiliation.

But, what disturbs me is that he has not even spoken to BB after this (I read this on a different link to his interview on yahoo). I assumed that if his intentions to bounce back were legit, he would talk to BB asap and clear up the misunderstanding or whatever.

Last edited:
I think people were not that impressed with his curt 'ask Bill, he has all the answers'. Maybe they were expecting him to be a more contrite whereas he sounds more sullen and sulking.

Dubt if there are many who can appear positive and send the 'correct' signals after a public humiliation.

But, what disturbs me is that he has not even spoken to BB after this (I read this on a different link to his interview on yahoo). I assumed that if his intentions to bounce back were legit, he would talk to BB asap and clear up the misunderstanding or whatever.

How does anyone know what AD and BB have talked about?

How does anyone know what AD and BB have talked about?

Because AD chose to share that info with the media yesterday. He stated he has not talked to Bill since being deactivated and he received the news from Matt Patricia, his position coach.

Nope, he wasn't that either. You can say he's underperformed if you want (he obviously has), but he's still been a major contributor to a SB team, and probably would have been the MVP of the SB if we'd won. He's a versatile LB who is actually pretty good at what he does. There are a lot of Pats' FA signings that you can't even come close to saying that about. O'Neal and Biesel were both brought in to start on teams with Super Bowl aspirations, and it turned out that they were terrible players. Adalius is, at worst, an above-average linebacker.

You are right, he had a great SB game (and a solid 2007 season all together). Unfortunately, he was off and on in 2008 and basically nonexistant in 2009 (when we needed him most as a veteran presence in the LB corps).
I do not think O'Neal or Biesel came in with the expectations Adalius came with. They were starters on a team DESPERATE at their respective position.
I am not trying to argue with you, but I feel he has underperformed (like many FA acquisitions) but the expectations, contract, and talent he came with are what make him the biggest overall FA disappointment of the Bioli era.

Because AD chose to share that info with the media yesterday. He stated he has not talked to Bill since being deactivated and he received the news from Matt Patricia, his position coach.

ahh I missed that. But he could be lying! ok ok, fine I'm grasping.

I think he'll be fine though, as long as he "talks" to BB with his actions (i.e. play on the field), we'll all be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes