PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
They just had a profile of him on nfl path to the draft. Looks like he's going to go at the end of the first round. He looked really good in the clips I saw (I don't know too much about college football; just a casual fan). What do you college football gurus thing of him? I notice that he plays special teams very well. Maybe he'll be around when we pick at 28.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Good football player who's only knock is a tendency to give up big plays. Returns punts there, but I don't think he'd be dynamic doing that in the NFL. Tackles well and has good ball skills.

Good football player who's only knock is a tendency to give up big plays. Returns punts there, but I don't think he'd be dynamic doing that in the NFL. Tackles well and has good ball skills.

Thanks for that info. Giving up big plays would certainly temper my enthusiasm. I think we'd probably go with a S/Lb anyway, but this guy did look good, from what little I saw of him.

I like Ross, but I read somewhere that he is already 24. I know that isn't old, but I still think it lowers his value.

Thanks for that info. Giving up big plays would certainly temper my enthusiasm.

Yeah, but with a strong front seven like the Pats have, you won't have to put him out on the island as much as some other teams would. He's not a shutdown guy, but there are few of those.

I like Ross, but I read somewhere that he is already 24. I know that isn't old, but I still think it lowers his value.

He'll turn 25 on 9/15.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/ross_aaron

If you read his profile, you get the impression that he's a returner only, and a liability in coverage. Yet NFLDraftScout, who wrote this profile, also has him ranked #21 overall, as of 3/16.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6421386

Also, how can someone who gave up so many big plays, and who was a member of Division 1's 90th-ranked pass defense, win the Jim Thorpe Award ahead of Reggie Nelson and Leon Hall?

Confusing, no? The NFLN's Path to the Draft was in Austin yesterday; Burmeister and Mayock both think that Ross is an easy 1st-round talent, behind only Hall, Houston and Revis amoung CBs. If he could learn to harness his risk-taking, perhaps he would be worth our taking at 24 or 28.

The only thing about Ross that really scares me is that he basically only has 1 year as a starter. He's never really beaten out an upperclassmen for a starting role.

I do like Griffin, but more as a FS than a SS.

The only thing about Ross that really scares me is that he basically only has 1 year as a starter. He's never really beaten out an upperclassmen for a starting role.

I do like Griffin, but more as a FS than a SS.

I agree with both points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back