PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would probably be benched, you know how the organization is. It reminds me of the WWE after Benoit killed his family, they just pretend he never existed.

It's been said that Hernandez never hangs out with anyone else on the team.

Can anything good come from any current Patriots player talking about Hernandez?

The answer is no, and that's why they've more than likely been told not to talk.

Agreed. I would be far more astonished if anyone WAS talking.

It's been said that Hernandez never hangs out with anyone else on the team.

Lucky for him, where he is going he will find a lot of guys with similar interests

A lot of this bizarre, obviously, as others have pointed out.

But regarding Lloyd's text to his mother, which supposedly implied that he was fearful something might happen -- doesn't that also imply that there was more to this than just talking to somebody AHern didn't like? Who would fear for his life for something seemingly so innocuous?

But regarding Lloyd's text to his mother, which supposedly implied that he was fearful something might happen -- doesn't that also imply that there was more to this than just talking to somebody AHern didn't like? Who would fear for his life for something seemingly so innocuous?

Most people would be scared being in a car with a man holding a gun and two of his friends who allegedly didn't know Odin.
I do agree with you though. I think Odin betrayed the gang in a major way. Or maybe there was a scuffle??? We'll know in due time.

I thought the implication was that he knew he might be in trouble after he got into the car. Though, why they allowed him to text anyone while they were taking him somewhere to shoot him is a mystery. I guess I'd say a couple of things at this point -- the police told a very compelling story. But it's just a story, and at this point they don't need to put forth any evidence. It was just what they had to say to win on bail, and they did. I saw a few holes in it, actually, although the general facts look pretty bad even without a lot of the details.

But the bottom line is that as a case go forward, the story matures. What is claimed to be the motive a few days later isn't necessarily the final word and things get more nuanced later. Stories change a little. Evidence doesn't come out exactly like people thought it would. For the better and also for the worse. Getting too hung up on the details will just drive you crazy at this point. If we could see the actual affidavit they used to get an arrest warrant, maybe we could draw more conclusions, but that's been sealed.

You'll drive yourself nuts trying to make sense of all the details and drawing a straight line between everything the prosecutor said today. Stuff that doesn't make sense today might make more, or less, sense tomorrow. It's way easier to stand at a podium and paint a picture of a guy being bad. It's harder to prove it, and the defense gets a turn too. Based on what I heard today, I assume he probably did it or at least was significantly involved. But I still am not sure why, who is cooperating, who isn't, what the evidence really is.

As sure as I'm sitting here, I can almost guarantee there will be one or two twists in this story along the way. He's not a Patriot any more, and he appears to have done a really bad thing. That's kind of the big picture story. If the details are important to you for some sort of closure or to try to make sense of it all -- as they definitely are to me -- I wish I could say something different but none of that will happen in a day or week or month. It's going to be a long process.

You know what kills me? If you have all this money why not hire someone else to do it?

If Hern did it, he is truly arrogant. He picked up Odin knowing he might have been seen by Odin's family members/neighbors.

Timing wise - I think the texts happened right before they pulled into the industrial park. Maybe there was something in the conversation that made him fearful. While it may seem odd that he was allowed to text though the plan was to kill him - maybe he gave another reason for texting - telling someone he'll be back tomorrow or whatever.

You know what kills me? If you have all this money why not hire someone else to do it?

How else can he show that he is the real Heisenberg?

I had no idea about this side of Hernandez. I also ran across this which was apparently taken in 2009:

0626-tmz-gun-aaron-hernandez-3.jpg

Couple it with the other charge where he was accused of shooting someone in the face, and it begins to paint a picture of Hernandez I would have never imagined otherwise.

The picture means nothing to me. Plenty of people like guns. That's like hearing about vehicular manslaughter and then finding a picture of the suspect posing with his car and going 'OH IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.'

The texts from Lloyd are the thing that I think really ties this all together for me. They are Lloyd's way of reaching out from beyond the ******* grave to say 'Aaron Hernandez killed me.'

Timing wise - I think the texts happened right before they pulled into the industrial park. Maybe there was something in the conversation that made him fearful. While it may seem odd that he was allowed to text though the plan was to kill him - maybe he gave another reason for texting - telling someone he'll be back tomorrow or whatever.

Perhaps he was in the back seat while AH was driving and therefore AH didn't see him txt. This might mean at least one of the other two guys(who ever sat in the back) didn't know Hernandez was about to kill Odin.
Or maybe they are just dumb.

Looking over the aspects of this murder it's almost unbelievable someone could be so sloppy in the way the murder went down. Almost a script for what not to do if you plan on murdering someone.

Make sure you are seen on multiple cameras and with a gun.
Rent a car in your name and leave crime evidence in said car upon its return.
Leave evidence at the scene of the crime which is a stones throw away from your house which also is full of evidence.
Arrive back at your home minutes after the murder. Have this captured as evidence to be used against you.
Allow your victim to keep his cell and use it to text messages of concern minutes before being killed.
Make sure people know you have picked up the victim and that a record of your motive for killing him is known.

This almost reads like a script for a comedic mob hit movie or something.

If I didn't know AH was a punk gangster I'd almost think this was a setup.

Yeah it's either arrogance or ignorance. If he did this, which seems likely now, I've got to say - what was his master plan?

Kill the guy he was seen picking up and taking to a club and then leave a rental car he had rented at the scene, don't bother to clean out bullets or anything out of the car, then wander around on your own surveillance camera holding the gun.

What could go wrong?

Isn't one of the key things you learn from most gangster movies / TV shows that you distance yourself from the dirty work if you can? ;)

Isn't one of the key things you learn from most gangster movies / TV shows that you distance yourself from the dirty work if you can? ;)

Every trial involving a contract killer I've ever read about has involved a fee of under $10k to do the killing. But Aaron's actions aren't those of a rational or deliberate person.

Looking over the aspects of this murder it's almost unbelievable someone could be so sloppy in the way the murder went down. Almost a script for what not to do if you plan on murdering someone.

Make sure you are seen on multiple cameras and with a gun.
Rent a car in your name and leave crime evidence in said car upon its return.
Leave evidence at the scene of the crime which is a stones throw away from your house which also is full of evidence.
Arrive back at your home minutes after the murder. Have this captured as evidence to be used against you.
Allow your victim to keep his cell and use it to text messages of concern minutes before being killed.
Make sure people know you have picked up the victim and that a record of your motive for killing him is known.

This almost reads like a script for a comedic mob hit movie or something.

If I didn't know AH was a punk gangster I'd almost think this was a setup.

His mind was impaired... Sounds like he was seriously wasted and out of his mind.

Did I hear the DA say that Loyd had the rental car keys in his pocket? How could the other three guys have driven away?

I think there was a rental car left at or near the scene.

Why was AH's other rental car there? Complete speculation. AH's plan was to say that he let Lloyd have his rental. AH doesn't know what happened after that. Lloyd wanted my car, I let him have it. I know nothing!

Problem 1. AH's phone puts him in the industrial park. Problem 2. The casing in the car AH returned, matches the casings at the scene.

I watched a good portion of the court today, but had to actually work at some point. Anyone know of a link to a video of the prosecutor's presentation?

As a Patriots fan I am over it ... he was released and not coming back.

No need to discuss any of it anymore for me.

Prayers to the family and friends of Odin Lloyd.

All these police series, doesnt he ever watch tv? Either he was stoned out of his mind or he is dumb as wood.

Still i believe there was no mention of gsr on him. Perhaps it was one of his friends who actually did the shooting, but since he didnt come forward, he is just as guilty. I just cant believe with all the dumb moves he made, he would have worn gloves. Or the DA is saving that piece of evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes