PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he killed his own "friend" to boot. Yeah, there is a reason Aliens don't visit our planet. We are a joke to them.

You think Aliens are perfect? Oh really??

I think we need to start hoping that the defense jumps to elite status and that Denver loses its mind and cuts Welker because they misdiagnose an ankle sprain.

With Denver, all you have to do is hope that Peyton chokes in the playoffs again. Does that really sound unlikely to you?

****, look at the personnel that Baltimore just won with. If you have a QB playing at an elite level and you get hot at the right time, you can win a Super Bowl. The defense doesn't have to become elite overnight - we just need young guys to grow into their roles over the course of the season, and then we'll have as good a shot as anyone, just like we have every year since 2010. If the defense grows up a bit and covers better, and the offense is a bit more versatile, then the Pats could be every bit as dangerous in the playoffs as they were this past season and the year before.

If Gronk stays healthy, I could see the Pats going into the playoffs as the SB favorite.

I really hope he isnt charged with murder. That would be so tragic for such a great player

I dunno. I'd still like to think that he isn't a murderer, but someone obviously is. Whoever that person is, I hope they get charged, tried, and convicted of exactly that. If it's Hernandz, then so be it.

To be totally honest, at this point I don't really care what happens to him. He's not a Patriot anymore, so I'm not going to waste time worrying.

What do you mean why? Dude is a millionaire pro athlete with a young kid and he may have killed someone. The point is as self-evident as it gets.
Ah, never mind, I thought about this and see what you meant. My mistake.

With Denver, all you have to do is hope that Peyton chokes in the playoffs again. Does that really sound unlikely to you?

No, but I was looking at if from the perspective of Welker coming back to the Patriots, not how it impacts the Fivehead and the Broncos.

This point would be great if seasons were only one game long.

I don't buy that argument. In 2007, 2011 and 2012, the offense failed, but the offense was also struck by injury.

We lost to the Giants and Ravens in the regular season in 11 and 12, both times we were near full strength.

Aside from that, succumbing that easily to injury is still something that should be addressed with better depth. An offense that loses its ability to beat top teams with the loss of one TE is really not ideal.

We lost to the Giants and Ravens in the regular season in 11 and 12, both times we were near full strength.

Brady had the shoulder injury still in full swing in 2011, and come on with that Ravens game.

Aside from that, succumbing that easily to injury is still something that should be addressed with better depth. An offense that loses its ability to beat top teams with the loss of one TE is really not ideal.

While I agree with you about the depth (see my posts railing about the WR situation since 2009), you can't replace your elite players. Giants without Manning = Patriots SB wins, not Giants wins.

Denver's D is a pile of bleh and benefits playing in that division statistically. We've owned them every game. They lost dumervil and replaced with phillips (big downgrade). And the big key, Champ is 35 and has lost it.

Having a 35 year old CB as your #1 is bound for disaster, and DRC is mediocre. Their safeties are below average. That defense can be picked apart easily.

Their offense will be insane unfortunately.....

Why not get the bonus money back? Why not get CaP relief and also deprive a murderer of loot?

Ironically it seems all the big contract did is give him the freedom to be the thug he always was. Shame.

Large home for sale in N Attleboro. Needs new security system.

After seeing him being led out in handcuffs, it finally hits home. The whole situation just makes me feel, sad. Being a human being with feelings, I actually feel sad seeing Hernandez being walked out of his house in handcuffs, even if he's the only one arrested for this heinous crime, I still wish this never happened or he never put himself in this situation. If he's guilty of the actual murder, I hate that someone lost their life, AND hate that someone is wasting their life by being involved. It's just a sad situation, and my other emotion I'm feeling is anger, how dare Hernandez get involved in something like this.

Hernandez to be arraigned at 2:00 p.m. according to NESN Live Blog.

Take a break, use the bathroom, go get a g$#*$mn snack, smoke 'em if you have 'em, see you back here at 2:00 p.m. Aloha. Over and out.

I can not believe the bad luck of this team since the last Superbowl win. It has been one thing after another every year. It is like they are cursed.

I can not believe the bad luck of this team since the last Superbowl win. It has been one thing after another every year. It is like they are cursed.
Every team goes through adversity during an NFL season. It's about overcoming that. It's what champions do. As for Hernandez and his actions, I wouldn't attribute that to bad luck.

Hernandez to be arraigned at 2:00 p.m. according to NESN Live Blog.

Take a break, use the bathroom, go get a g$#*$mn snack, smoke 'em if you have 'em, see you back here at 2:00 p.m. Aloha. Over and out.

Murder in the first degree.

This is BS. Injuries, bad bounces might be bad luck- in that sense there was some bad luck (of course, I can certainly point out some instances of good luck, too.)

This was investing in a player who had significant risk of being a bad apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back