PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady had the shoulder injury still in full swing in 2011, and come on with that Ravens game.

While I agree with you about the depth (see my posts railing about the WR situation since 2009), you can't replace your elite players. Giants without Manning = Patriots SB wins, not Giants wins.

I can't help but be jealous of how other teams seem to trot out at least one nobody each year midseason who suddenly steps up and produces.

Aside from Edelman, who still isn't a sure thing, we seem to have stopgaps who don't entirely suck.

Why not get the bonus money back? Why not get CaP relief and also deprive a murderer of loot?

Ironically it seems all the big contract did is give him the freedom to be the thug he always was. Shame.

I'm guessing it has to do with the CBA and the Patriots desire to cut ties immediately and end the distraction. I'm not sure that they cannot revisit this or have the league revisit it down the road but they probably couldn't have released him and gone after his money without waiting for a finding. Much as losing cap space sucks i would rather have him gone now than have the cap space and have to deal with a year of the trial and all that goes with it surrounding the team. They will be better off without the distractions this season.

Sirius XM blitz just said they expect it to be manslaughter.

I just woke up after a night of partying. I have a nice hangover and now a headache.

Anyway - I know that I am here after a week of torment from some of the users of this message board.

Good for Mr. Kraft and I have to think that he and the Patriots know the charges and based on some of the posts that individuals have connections with MSP - I guess Hernandez is facing more than obstruction.

Looking back - I guess that is why there is a 2nd attorney involved.

This is a sad day for the New England Patriots and also for one of my keeper teams.

I just have one question to ask - how does the New England Patriots move forward as a team from this incident and play for a Super Bowl because in the end that is the only thing that matters?

As far as Hernandez - if he has been accused of being involved in a murder other than an obstruction charge, then he can go **** himself.

This is BS. Injuries, bad bounces might be bad luck- in that sense there was some bad luck (of course, I can certainly point out some instances of good luck, too.)

This was investing in a player who had significant risk of being a bad apple.

Why is it BS? They gambled on a guy with a history. They ultimately gambled wrong. Gambling is about luck.

And, I never said we have not had good luck.

But, the flu, helmet catch, Brady Injury, Gronk injury, Welker drop is just bad luck or bad execution in one case. That terrbile PI call in 06 or whnever it was. just bad luck.

I can not believe the bad luck of this team since the last Superbowl win. It has been one thing after another every year. It is like they are cursed.

Are you kidding? Cursed? Bad Luck?

The Patriots have the best record in the NFL since January 2005, have appeared in two more Super Bowls, set all sorts of offensive records, and enter every season as a favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Try a few hours in Detroit, Jacksonville, Cleveland or Houston - the remaining four franchises to never have appeared in even one Super Bowl.

I just have one question to ask - how does the New England Patriots move forward as a team from this incident and play for a Super Bowl because in the end that is the only thing that matters?

All that matters is a SB? Not that a person was killed?

Are you kidding? Cursed? Bad Luck?

The Patriots have the best record in the NFL since January 2005, have appeared in two more Super Bowls, set all sorts of offensive records, and enter every season as a favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Try a few hours in Detroit, Jacksonville, Cleveland or Houston - the remaining four franchises to never have appeared in even one Super Bowl.

I am not saying I dont appreciate the winning and championships. It just seems like we have had a run of bad luck. See my post above.

Of course, it matters. And I am sure that the Bristol County DA is going to take care of whomever murdered Mr. Lloyd.

My comment was from a football perspective.

I am waiting for the arraignment to understand the charges.

I am not saying I dont appreciate the winning and championships. It just seems like we have had a run of bad luck. See my post above.

has nothing to do with luck

regardless, the pats are still on a relative roll.......I don't wish bad on anyone, but I'm looking forward to the unknown

even though the numbers may not bear it, this could be brady's best season yet........

With a guy shot in the back of the head? Seems pretty unlikely to me.

One typically does not see a manslaughter charge for someone shot dead and left in a field. It's the guy shot dead in your bed after you found him with your wife.

The only possibility of manslaughter would be if this were a fight and it was determined he used excessive force in a self-defense situation.

I am guessing:

Murder
Conspiracy
Obstruction of justice
Destruction of evidence

If it's conspiracy to commit murder, it wouldn't be a lesser charge. Also, there would be more arrests. You can't conspire with yourself, and your co-conspirators have the same guilt as you do.

With a guy shot in the back of the head? Seems pretty unlikely to me.

One typically does not see a manslaughter charge for someone shot dead and left in a field. It's the guy shot dead in your bed after you found him with your wife.

The only possibility of manslaughter would be if this were a fight and it was determined he used excessive force in a self-defense situation.

its possible that figuring out exactly what happened is impossible....expecially if the other 3 were highly intoxicated......in legal terms, this is no slam dunk

Don't mean to tumble down the path of speculation too much here, but the victim has been described as dying execution style with a bullet to the back of his head. Someone's responsible for a seemingly intentional violent death. Others who are involved would seemingly be charged with being an accessory/conspiracy to murder. Manslaughter really doesn't pass my sniff test.

At least we'll find out soon enough.

I don't give 2 turds about Odin Lloyd and neither would you if his death didn't involve a Patriots athlete. None of us in here would have even heard of him.

That is one uncomfortable drive, those seats are horrible, and he knows he is in deep trouble.

I don't give 2 turds about Odin Lloyd and neither would you if his death didn't involve a Patriots athlete. None of us in here would have even heard of him.

Ahhh I just thought it was a little funny to see someone proclaim that "all that matters is winning a SB." Granted he was talking about the team objective but it was in this thread.

And how do you for certainty that there are non members here who know Lloyd or someone that knew him? Its not like Lloyd was a Boston pro athlete...oh wait.

its possible that figuring out exactly what happened is impossible....expecially if the other 3 were highly intoxicated......in legal terms, this is no slam dunk

Agree. That's why they would never charge manslaughter. They charge murder and let the defendant argue manslaughter if he wants to argue heat of passion or over-exuberant self-defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back