PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a good point. But hopefully there will be other guys to go to so less over reliance on welker. Maybe not more productive but more versatile. The whole offense will be more productive. I have no doubts. All IMO of course.

With the loss of Hernandez coupled with Gronk's injury i don't believe they will score as many points as they have the past few years but they should still have a really good offense, especially if the rookie WR's can have decent years. In short i am not that worried about their offense and still think they will be a final four team once again and getting past that point will depend upon how their defense progresses.

Basically the only thing I take issue with is the claim people make about Amendola putting up bigger numbers than Welker, which i just don't think is possible as it would require historic production from him and as good as i think he is i don't think he can put up the numbers Welker did.

Mr. Kraft seems to have his fingerprints on this. He's I guess a pretty ruthless businessman, but he seems also to have a moral compass.

Damn straight. He has just made me feel slightly calm about things for the first time in a week. The organization will carry on and we'll be all right.

You position ignores the elephant in the room:

The problem has been a terrible defense, not the offense.

Arguable, since in all the season ending losses the defense plays the same or better and the offense chokes.

If you don't agree with that, I'm sure you'll at least concede that most productive offense, at least as it pertains to the Patriots, does not at all mean it is effective against every team.

I think the argument we're hearing is that people prefer a less productive offense but one that won't fold as easily.

I'm not saying we wouldn't benefit from a better defense but it seems to me it's an equal responsibility on both ends of the ball.

Pats have to take his cap hit this year.. 7 million

I really hope he isnt charged with murder. That would be so tragic for such a great player

Arguable, since in all the season ending losses the defense plays the same or better and the offense chokes.

This point would be great if seasons were only one game long.

If you don't agree with that, I'm sure you'll at least concede that most productive offense, at least as it pertains to the Patriots, does not at all mean it is effective against every team.

I think the argument we're hearing is that people prefer a less productive offense but one that won't fold as easily.

I don't buy that argument. In 2007, 2011 and 2012, the offense failed, but the offense was also struck by injury.

Just read that. Yikes. And yeah. Dude is in a HEAP of trouble and how bizarre to think that an hour ago it was our problem and now.....it isn't.

Sounds like he messed with the surveillance equipment, but they were still able to extract the images showing him and Lloyd leaving the home, but only Hernandez returning.

I swear to God, if Hernandez was actually dumb/evil enough to kill Lloyd, my estimation of humanity is going to slip another peg or three.

Apparently the Bristol County DA has said the Arraignment will be at 2pm.

I really hope he isnt charged with murder. That would be so tragic for such a great player

What is tragic is a 27 year old getting murdered and the only thing i am hoping for is his family getting some justice out of this. As far as Hernandez goes i could care less and only hope he gets what he deserves.

Hernandez played here for 3 years ....thats 48 regular season games...he missed 10 games during those years..... thats nearly 22% of his career where he was not playing and yet the Pats still won most of those 10 games he was not in.

We know the Patriots will survive....More in question is will Hernandez survive in what looks to be a lengthy prison sentence.

I swear to God, if Hernandez was actually dumb/evil enough to kill Lloyd, my estimation of humanity is going to slip another peg or three.
Why? All people are capable of doing horrific things. Most don't cross that line and make the decision to take another life.

Why? All people are capable of doing horrific things. Most don't cross that line and make the decision to take another life.

What do you mean why? Dude is a millionaire pro athlete with a young kid and he may have killed someone. The point is as self-evident as it gets.

I really hope that he is charged with murder if he is the murderer. The murder is tragic for the victim and his family.

What do you mean why? Dude is a millionaire pro athlete with a young kid and he may have killed someone. The point is as self-evident as it gets.
But why would it lessen your estimation of humanity? Those are Hernandez's actions, he owns that and he doesn't represent all of humanity. Now if the majority of people supported him even though evidence showed his guilt, then I'd lose faith in humanity.

And he killed his own "friend" to boot. Yeah, there is a reason Aliens don't visit our planet. We are a joke to them.

And he killed his own "friend" to boot. Yeah, there is a reason Aliens don't visit our planet. We are a joke to them.

Well that's too bad that Hernandez didn't just let the organization and us down, he also has let the aliens down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft