PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

..... and there it is. Finally a report we can trust.

Yup. Knew it last Monday ago. Just took 10 days.

Patriots offense depends on rookies and ex bills players. Awesome

Yep, i'm sure Amendola will catch 125 balls and lead the league in YAC and first downs. Easily, no problem...........

The Patriots were a better team when TFB did not have a favorite receiver but the open receiver. Game plan to beat the Patriots 2007 on, take his favorite receiver away and hit hard.

..... and there it is. Finally a report we can trust.

Yeah. And pictures too. Just a crap situation all around.

Yep, i'm sure Amendola will catch 125 balls and lead the league in YAC and first downs. Easily, no problem...........

You make a good point. But hopefully there will be other guys to go to so less over reliance on welker. Maybe not more productive but more versatile. The whole offense will be more productive. I have no doubts. All IMO of course.

You make a good point. But hopefully there will be other guys to go to so less over reliance on welker. Maybe not more productive but more versatile. The whole offense will be more productive. I have no doubts. All IMO of course.

The offense will be more productive than the 3rd most productive offense in NFL history?

The Patriots were a better team when TFB did not have a favorite receiver but the open receiver. Game plan to beat the Patriots 2007 on, take his favorite receiver away and hit hard.

What does that claim have to do with Amendola being more "productive" than Welker?

You can make the argument about Brady being better off spreading the ball around more if you want but that is totally different than making a claim that Amendola is going to be more productive than Welker, which is more than highly unlikely. I actually think Amendola is going to have a really good season and will likely catch around 85-90 balls with a good YAC and a good number of first downs, but in no way do I see him catching over 120 balls and leading the league in YAC and first downs, which is what he would have to do to outproduce welker.

The offense will be more productive than the 3rd most productive offense in NFL history?

The only hope that I'm clinging to for the offense is that it will be less productive but more versatile, and therefore will be better-suited for the playoffs. If Dobson emerges as a downfield threat, and Vereen, Gronk and Amendola all stay mostly healthy, that's very much in play.

That's asking for an awful lot, though, I realize. Probably won't happen.

Good point but I think its important to remember that even the #3 offense of all time wasn't good enough to beat the Ravens. Obviously hope I'm wrong but the currently constituted offense doesn't look any better.

What does that claim have to do with Amendola being more "productive" than Welker?

You can make the argument about Brady being better off spreading the ball around more if you want but that is totally different than making a claim that Amendola is going to be more productive than Welker, which is more than highly unlikely. I actually think Amendola is going to have a really good season and will likely catch around 85-90 balls with a good YAC and a good number of first downs, but in no way do I see him catching over 120 balls and leading the league in YAC and first downs, which is what he would have to do to outproduce welker.

Stats vs. winning the big one. It is the Old Colts vs the Old Patriots argument.

The only hope that I'm clinging to for the offense is that it will be less productive but more versatile, and therefore will be better-suited for the playoffs. If Dobson emerges as a downfield threat, and Vereen, Gronk and Amendola all stay mostly healthy, that's very much in play.

That's asking for an awful lot, though, I realize. Probably won't happen.

I think we need to start hoping that the defense jumps to elite status and that Denver loses its mind and cuts Welker because they misdiagnose an ankle sprain.

No we were not. We were a better team when we had a better defense. 2007 and 2012 were two of the best offenses in NFL history.

Stats vs. winning the big one. It is the Old Colts vs the Old Patriots argument.

You position ignores the elephant in the room:

The problem has been a terrible defense, not the offense.

You seem conspicuously giddy...

not at all........but after getting chastised for stating the obvious......it is fitting

'you don't know until you know'.........you don't have to eat poop to surmise that it tastes bad......seeing that hernandez was substantially involved was a no brainer except to the homers

Fox 25 reports the Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money related to Hernandez. WOW!

@AdamSchefter: By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA.

Fox 25 reports the Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money related to Hernandez. WOW!

I got chills reading that. In a good way.

I am so proud of our organization. They know how to step up in the wake of a terrible situation and make me feel that they at least have this under control.

Apparently, it's a no bail situation. That can only mean a murder charge.

And now we know why he was released.

Hernandez's future as a Patriot just became very doubtful.

WRONG. :bricks:

His Future with the Patriots became very doubtful 9 DAYS ago.

I got chills reading that. In a good way.

I am so proud of our organization. They know how to step up in the wake of a terrible situation and make me feel that they at least have this under control.

Mr. Kraft seems to have his fingerprints on this. He's I guess a pretty ruthless businessman, but he seems also to have a moral compass.

Apparently, it's a no bail situation. That can only mean a murder charge.

And now we know why he was released.

Just read that. Yikes. And yeah. Dude is in a HEAP of trouble and how bizarre to think that an hour ago it was our problem and now.....it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick