PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait to read this board after this game regarding Dobson. It's going to be good

The fact that hes been passed by Tymes tell you all that you need to know.
Tyms is a different receiver imo than Dobson. Dobson is more comparable to lafell, and lafells play could bench anyone because of his ST value and his stellar play.

I gotta say .... I was terribly wrong on my (negative) assessment of LaFell. Unfortunately, I seem to have been equally wrong on my positive assessment of Dobson.

Tyms is a different receiver imo than Dobson. Dobson is more comparable to lafell, and lafells play could bench anyone because of his ST value and his stellar play.
I think that is a fair statement. LaFell has been outstanding for 4 weeks straight now and deserves to be on the field for all offensive sets.

The fact that hes been passed by Tymes tell you all that you need to know.

Dobson has shown way more in ACTUAL GAMES than Tyms has. I have no doubt Dobson could fill in great for LaFell if he went down, while adding more speed AND an even better deep threat. Even if he was put alongside LaFell, I have no doubts Dobson would do well and build on his very good rookie season. He's MUCH more versatile than Tyms too.

Dobson hasn't gotten a fair chance this season. I have no idea why. They must have thought pretty highly of him to spend a 2nd round pick.

Dobson who? Lafell is doing a lot more then he would be that's for sure. Lafell keeps this up i couldn't care less is Dobson is out there

Dobson has shown way more in ACTUAL GAMES than Tyms has. I have no doubt Dobson could fill in great for LaFell if he went down, while adding more speed AND an even better deep threat. Even if he was put alongside LaFell, I have no doubts Dobson would do well and build on his very good rookie season. He's MUCH more versatile than Tyms too.

Dobson hasn't gotten a fair chance this season.
Are you really that confident in Dobson? Based on what?

Hes been passed on the depth chart. That is fact.

Are you saying Belichick is not being fair?

How has he been passed? Did you just discount his rookie season? The most productive rookie WR ever in the bb/Brady era. That has done more than what Tyms has EVER done in his career. Add in Dobson is coming off of a very serious foot injury, and lafell is a stud, it's not hard to see why Dobson is seeing limited reps. Heck KT was pushed off the team because of lafell.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR

Rare combo of speed for his size, flashed great potential last year where he was thrown into the fire of a complex offense as a rookie. Patriots obviously though highly of him just like I did. Enough to spend a valuable 2nd round pick on him.

Tyms - 1 NFL catch, flashed in pre-season as have many other players before (so did Dobson in his 1 game this year).

Rare combo of speed for his size, flashed great potential last year where he was thrown into the fire of a complex offense as a rookie. Patriots obviously though highly of him just like I did. Enough to spend a valuable 2nd round pick on him.

Tyms - 1 NFL catch, flashed in pre-season as have many other players before (so did Dobson in his 1 game this year).

Tyms active

Dobson inactive

End of story. Just ask Thompkins.

The words "flashed", "potential" and "thrown in" do not indicate long-term success.

He had a good rookie year, got hurt, and has not been able to move up the depth chart. I don't know what the circumstances are but he simply has not earned game reps during practice time.

The words "flashed", "potential" and "thrown in" do not indicate long-term success.

He had a good rookie year, got hurt, and has not been able to move up the depth chart. I don't know what the circumstances are but he simply has not earned game reps during practice time.

So let's hear your argument for Tyms

Must be a a real all-star in practice

And no, those words mean exactly what they mean. Quit twisting this around. I never said those things would indicate long term success. They warrant him a shot at being active and playing snaps.

Dobson shouldn't even be considered in the discussion. This is his redshirt season. If he doesn't show up as a stud next season, he will be cut.

I think Dobson is officially a bust at this point. Can't even get on the field over Tyms and Amendola who aren't exactly world beaters at this point.

Dobson shouldn't even be considered in the discussion. This is his redshirt season. If he doesn't show up as a stud next season, he will be cut.

Well. If he gets cut (and Boyce), it goes to show you that BillB is a bad GM, when it comes to draft picking WRs...

Considering how Lafell has seized control of the WR2 spot, and how the WR4/WR5 sees barely any snaps in our offense, it looks bleak for Dobson. At this point, barring injuries, Dobson will enter 2015 training camp battling for a roster spot.

It's really starting to look like BB batted 0/3 with Dobson, KT, and Boyce.

How could KT possibly be considered a miss? He was an UDFA. He cost nothing, and he contributed for a year. Whatever unreasonable expectations you may have had for him don't change the fact that the Pats got something for nothing (well, nothing more than an end-of-the-roster spot) in him.

I guess Dobson has to beat Tyms out in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back