PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson Makes Good Impression on Day 2 of OTA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we didn't select them doesn't mean they are morons. I think Austin AND Hunter could become stars. Both great talents. Austin could be scary good, and do a lot for a team. Hunter has excellent abilities to be a top notch receiver. 11 years ago Belichick selected Bethel Johnson over Anquan Boldin, did Boldin suck or was he a moron because we selected Johnson. The only moron in that move was BB.

That being said, Dobson was one of my favorites prior to the draft, and I'm glad we drafted him, he's very talented and should add a good deep threat/red zone threat to a very good offense. He was my favorite Pat's draft pick.

I would say that Wonderlic scores ranging from 6 to 10 for the trio, are sure signs of illiterate morons. I know Joey Galloway and Ocho Cinco had similar scores, and were star receivers for simple minded pass offenses, but they did NOT succeed here.

You will note that both of the Pats drafted receivers, graduated from college in less than 4 years. These WR candidates are NOT morons. In addition both served as team captains.

Fitzgerald and Boldin make up for their slow speed by being much bulkier than average.

Dobson, unfortunately, isn't nearly as bulky as either of them.

I would say that Wonderlic scores ranging from 6 to 10 for the trio, are sure signs of illiterate morons. I know Joey Galloway and Ocho Cinco had similar scores, and were star receivers for simple minded pass offenses, but they did NOT succeed here.

You will note that both of the Pats drafted receivers, graduated from college in less than 4 years. These WR candidates are NOT morons. In addition both served as team captains.

And that's really what it seems to be all about in terms of drafting WR's here in N.England. You have to have "other" measurables outside of the ones that the average fan sees due to the nature of the more complex scheme.

These include some of the traits that you spoke of such as team leadership, high wonderlic scores that show the ability to diagnose, multi-task, and break down assignments on a quicker pace than most, and finally...overall talent that is at least on par with some of the other higher named 1st rd picks that have been taken.

Belichick seems to have shifted a bit in terms of the majority of his draft choices lately, choosing to go with smart experienced 4 yr players, who have shown the propensity to become instant leaders here now and for the future. People seem to forget that just because another WR was successful somewhere else does not mean that they would be successful here.

Fitzgerald and Boldin make up for their slow speed by being much bulkier than average.

Dobson, unfortunately, isn't nearly as bulky as either of them.

He will put on more bulk during the offseason, and now since he is in the NFL. But with that being said, this kid is a lot faster than what some realize, in terms of game speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft