PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Wes-less Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
At their advanced ages, they aren't going to be shredding anything.

So if Welker goes to Denver, in next year's Broncos-Pats matchup, you think the Pats can shut the Manning/Welker combination down?

I'll be certain to consider your instructions on how I should post.
I you feel you want to ignore my posts, by all means be my guest.

Ok, since you can't just let it go, bye.

With the cap room they have available, I would think that is a very good chance.

I think that Miami will be strong contenders for the speedier/physical outside threat, top tiered WR this year, definitely.

Miami's got the space to really improve the offense.

Clady
Vollmer
Loadholt
Albert
Smith
Beatty

They could bring in 2 of those (barring franchise tag usage) and still have plenty of money to add a receiver, keep Fasano, sign a RB to go along with Miller, and have a significantly rebuilt offense even prior to the draft.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2012/12/its-not-about-this-year-anymore-as-you-know-its-about-next-year-and-particularly-next-offseason-for-the-dolphins-and-the.html

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/01/the-cost-and-savings-of-cutting-some-players.html

So if Welker goes to Denver, in next year's Broncos-Pats matchup, you think the Pats can shut the Manning/Welker combination down?

yes, easily. They'd have to pay Clady too, that's about 1/3 of their cap for 3 guys. Don't think it would happen anyway, but yes, easily shut them down. Baltimore shut down brady and welker, why would it be so hard?

yes, easily. They'd have to pay Clady too, that's about 1/3 of their cap for 3 guys. Don't think it would happen anyway, but yes, easily shut them down. Baltimore shut down brady and welker, why would it be so hard?

Decker
Thomas
Welker

That would be one hell of a trio.

brady has to learn how to throw more downfield, for one thing. The other is that there are plenty of other short/intermediate targets, ie gronk, hernandez, etc.

It's not that edelmen has to "replace" all of welker's production. It will get shifted around.

I'm kind of looking forward to him leaving, it'll be nice to have his threads gone. They'll rejigger the offense a bit, no more reliance on 4 yard passes hopefully. They'll be growing pains, but they'll be stronger by the end of the year, IMO.

Maybe you can go to camp next year and teach Brady how to throw?

BTW-Agree on Welker leaving, it will also be awesome when Brady and Belichick and Wilfork are gone, all patriot fans should be just like you and looking forward to the days when they suck again.

Is this a real conversation? If shutting Welker and Brady down was so easy, how come Welker and Brady set all kinds of NFL records?

If Baltimore shut them down, how come Welker had 8 receptions for 117 yds and a TD? I guess if that's what you mean by "shutting them down" then yes, I can imagine the Patriots "shutting down" Welker if he played for Denver next season.

:bricks:

Is this a real conversation? If shutting Welker and Brady down was so easy, how come Welker and Brady set all kinds of NFL records?

If Baltimore shut them down, how come Welker had 8 receptions for 117 yds and a TD? I guess if that's what you mean by "shutting them down" then yes, I can imagine the Patriots "shutting down" Welker if he played for Denver next season.

:bricks:

If another receiver did that in the play-offs everyone would be screaming that they need to go get them.

Ok, since you can't just let it go, bye.

Thank you, my use of the site will be much more enjoyable now.
This time please do it for real, and please make it permanent.

Maybe you can go to camp next year and teach Brady how to throw?

BTW-Agree on Welker leaving, it will also be awesome when Brady and Belichick and Wilfork are gone, all patriot fans should be just like you and looking forward to the days when they suck again.

They won't suck when welker goes. That's the point. They'll be better. And you'll be gone too with your johnny one note all welker all the time vitriol. Two for one.

They won't suck when welker goes. That's the point. They'll be better. And you'll be gone too with your johnny one note all welker all the time vitriol. Two for one.

I'm not going anywhere, fairweather fans like you however will be gone as soon as their run is over. Your derision of Welker simply demonstrates that you know absolutely nothing about football.

Oh, and don't forget to go down and show Brady how to throw the deep ball, i'm sure he will be grateful to you.

Whatever your viewpoint, you can't honestly say the team is better without its most productive weapon, unless you are just trying to prove you just don't understand football.

They won't suck when welker goes. That's the point. They'll be better. .

That must be why Brady calls Welker "the best player I have ever played with," because he makes them worse. You're a genius.

That must be why Brady calls Welker "the best player I have ever played with," because he makes them worse. You're a genius.

5 yard passes for 9 m a year don't win super bowls. Welker is a security blanket I get that. If you're proven wrong then you should go Mr. Johnny one note.

They won't suck when welker goes. That's the point. They'll be better.

There should be a forum set aside for the most idiotic statements ever made here, and this one should be archived for all time as one of if not the stupidest statement ever made here. The only ones that come close were the Cassel over Brady posts.

5 yard passes for 9 m a year don't win super bowls. Welker is a security blanket I get that. If you're proven wrong then you should go Mr. Johnny one note.

Welker's performance has already proven me right, he's the best receiver they ahve ever had, and it's not my fault that your IQ is well below functional.

“A lot of guys can come in there and make plays and do all of that, but are they going to be able to be durable and last the entire season?” Rice said. “This guy has proven himself over and over again that he’s going to play through injuries. He’s going to be productive when he’s hurt. I think he really deserves the contract that they should give him.

“I don’t know what the hesitation is. And Wes is going to be, what, 32 (next offseason)? That’s when I was in my prime, and I felt I was playing my best football. I don’t think he’s getting old. I think he’s still durable and can go out there and make those plays.”

Welker has battled through an ankle injury for much of the season, and began yesterday’s practice on the stationary bike just to loosen it up. Yet, hit after hit and ankle roll after ankle roll, Welker routinely gets up and plays on.

“I think that’s the reason why we’re somewhat similar because I was able to tolerate a lot of pain but still be able to be focused and productive on the football field,” Rice said. “A lot of guys can’t play through pain, and he can.”

Jerry Rice, what an idiot.

5 yard passes?" welker must be catching 240 balls a season if that's the case.

How many Super Bowls do Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, and Dwayne Bowe have between them.

Anyone who puts winning a SB on any one player knows absolutely nothing about football.

when he's gone, what will you have to post about? Does that mean you'll leave too? It might be worth having a losing season to get rid of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3