PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A somewhat realistic trade that could make a lot of sense: TE Tony Gonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tedy Bruschi's take is that Gonzalez wouldn't want the trade.

It's now being reported that Jones is, indeed, out for the rest of the season. Another loss or two may change Gonzalez' mind regarding being traded.

Belichick should trade to get Zudfeld back. He was good comic relief.

Belichick loves Gonzalez but would he trade a 4th or a 5th rounder for a 1/2 season rental?

Atlanta won't trade Gonzalez for a 6th, imo.

Gronk and Gonzalez would be great and Dmitroff's connection to the organization might make it feasible. Unless he hates Belichick.

No, BB should trade a 2nd round pick. Usually those become 1 or 2 year rentals or IR guys.:rolleyes:
Sorry…had to say it even though I actually don't have facts or a list of names to put down at the moment.

The most logical trade is back where he used to live. Heck, he still might have a house there. Ironic how he left there because he wanted a ring, and the place where he left has a much higher chance than his new team.

I'm sure Belichick will get right on the trade, and that Dimitroff will be more than happy to accommodate his wish.

We'd also need to assume that Tony Gonzalez would want to leave too, which may be a stretch considering his living arrangements and family situation at a time where he'd just as likely retire.

This is nothing more than another pipe dream in my opinion, but we'll have to see I suppose.

A trade makes sense if they want to win with this offense, but this is not the offense they will bring into December. That offense has Gronk, Vereen, and whatever they can get out of Amendola and his ruptured groin. The rookies have to improve, but they don't have to carry the passing offense. Sacrificing the future is fine to win now, but all we know is that the Oct. offense without Gronk, Vereen and a healthy Amendola is not good enough. We do not know what the offense will look like in Dec. And if it is good enough to win in Dec, do you still want to trade away some future picks that could be a road grader guard, defensive tackle or powerful safety?

A trade makes sense if they want to win with this offense, but this is not the offense they will bring into December. That offense has Gronk, Vereen, and whatever they can get out of Amendola and his ruptured groin. The rookies have to improve, but they don't have to carry the passing offense. Sacrificing the future is fine to win now, but all we know is that the Oct. offense without Gronk, Vereen and a healthy Amendola is not good enough. We do not know what the offense will look like in Dec. And if it is good enough to win in Dec, do you still want to trade away some future picks that could be a road grader guard, defensive tackle or powerful safety?

Doesn't it all depend on the value of the picks?

Late round picks usually amount to nothing, Gonzalez is a definite and significant improvement over what we have now.

Doesn't it all depend on the value of the picks?

Late round picks usually amount to nothing, Gonzalez is a definite and significant improvement over what we have now.

I agree.... late rounds are practically practice squad material....

....unless your name is Tom Brady ;)

But yeah, I'll take Gonzo, go double-TE with Gronk..... ooooh, I'm getting a hard-on just thinking about that offense. :cool:

I agree.... late rounds are practically practice squad material....

....unless your name is Tom Brady

Kind of like saying "Even though I'm really thirsty I shouldnt use this dollar to buy water because I might win the lottery with it";)

We need the Falcons to lose this week. :)

Yes, I would go as high as a 4th for a half season of Gonzo. He's getting bracketed at the goalline, how the hell can you afford to do that with Gronk?

I really want this pipedream to come true. The Pats would go from the worst to the best redzone offense in the league with Gronk-Gonzo.

A somewhat realistic trade that could make a lot of sense...

What are people's thoughts on trading for Josh Gordon should the rumors of him being on the trading block be true. I think he'd be a great addition and a proven talent. Maybe a 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back