PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A respectful nod of the head to the quintessential Jet: Dee Milliner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if he is eligible for the practice squad.
That seems like a fair trade for Roberts, hurt practice squad guy for hurt practice squad guy

Quinton Coples
Vernon Gholston
Dee Milliner
Stephen Hill
Jace Amaro
Geno Smith
Possibly Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg

The Jets should start selling their first and second round picks for .2, because that's how much they're worth. I love it.
Pats aren't the best franchise to gloat about other teams cutting high draft picks. Jace Amaro was a personal draft pinkie and I'm assuming was also one for a lot of others here

Im still devastated over losing our 1st rounder last year... but then i think about teams like the Jets that lose their 1st rounder every year and tell myself we're gonna be just fine

Milliner was the #9 pick in the 2013 draft. He played in 21 out of a possible 51 games and totaled 3 interceptions (none after 2013) and 50 tackles. And the Jets were paying him like a top 10 pick. In a way, that's worse than having a first round pick stolen. :D

Bittersweet day, today. I really hate the Jets, but Dee Milliner really encompassed everything that franchise has come to stand for. I'll set aside rooting interest and just say that I'll really miss him and the AFC East just won't be the same without this former #1 draft pick and heir apparent to Revis.

Are you sure your not a closet Jest fan?:cool:

Are you sure your not a closet Jest fan?:cool:

Now that you mention it, the most defining characteristic of a Jets fan is getting a perverse joy out of their team's constant misery.

So maybe...

Any thread about a quintessential Jet is incomplete without...

giphy.gif
Winner 1000x!!!!:D. F' all jest sympathizers.

Folks, fill me in on the history, please.
Wasn't Milliner the one we really wanted and had to "stettle" for McCourty...according to jets fans.

That was the year that BB traded out of the first round, passed on Cordarelle Patterson and "reached" for a LB who was winless in his senior year, name of Jamie Collins.

By the time Collins was drafted, the Jets had already taken Milliner and Geno Smith off the board.

Draft grades immediately following these moves were exuberant over what the Jets did, and universally panned the Pats for not taking Patterson, who fit a need, and then over drafting a no-name LB, way too early. Fans on this site were not too happy, either, as I remember.

Really, the schadenfreude is just too priceless. I seriously love it when BB proves, yet again, that he's smarter than everyone else.

Pats aren't the best franchise to gloat about other teams cutting high draft picks. Jace Amaro was a personal draft pinkie and I'm assuming was also one for a lot of others here

Well it's not the Pats's GM doing it, it's the fans. ;)

Quinton Coples
Vernon Gholston
Dee Milliner
Stephen Hill
Jace Amaro
Geno Smith
Possibly Devin Smith and Christian Hackenberg

The Jets should start selling their first and second round picks for .2, because that's how much they're worth. I love it.

Mark Sanchez

I remember when Jets fans used to claim Belichick was a horrible drafter. The Pats have not tanked nearly as many drafts as the Jets have in recent years.

Amaro had a decent game this past Sunday. Maybe he can salvage his career in Tennessee.

And the Pats haven't had nearly as many first round busts as the Jets. The Jets have more picks that were drafted in the top 10 that were busts than the Pats have first round busts.

Why not? because we took a shot at Easley?

I liked Jenkins that year, which turned out just as bad.

I introduced my eight-year-old to the Buttfumble not 30 minutes ago, and I didn't think he'd ever stop laughing.

Its been 4 years and I dont think I'll ever stop laughing.

Why not? because we took a shot at Easley?

I liked Jenkins that year, which turned out just as bad.

To be fair take a look at the list below:

Easley
Wilson
Dobson
Dowling
Cunningham
Brace
Butler
Wheatley
Meriweather
Maroney
Jackson
Johnson
Richards? TBD

Belichick has had his fair share of first and second round misses. The misses by the Jets aren't why they suck the inability to develop any talent no matter how the acquire it is.

I hope it was the version with the Benny Hill music. You know, for the full effect. LOL
I played it straight the first time with the "How to lose a game in sixty seconds" clip on NFL.com. There's a lifetime for hilarious remixes!

Damn, the AFCE just got a wee bit better by subtraction.

Pats aren't the best franchise to gloat about other teams cutting high draft picks.

Sure they are. No team gets it right 100% of the time, but if you look at other teams' first-round draft picks over time, you'll be hard pressed to find anybody with a higher hit rate than the Patriots. And that's despite the Pats drafting later on average than any other team.

Fun fact: the Patriots have not drafted ANY player as high as Dee Milliner since Richard Seymour 15 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back