PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Professional's Preseason Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
arrellbee said:
Oh, my. You said the ...... IF ........ word. Freudian ?? Premonition ??

And the answer to your question is .... YES.

I laugh at your lack of knowledge and arrogance.

mavfan2390 said:
Keep dreaming brother, I'm sick of arguing with you, I will see you midseason, then we can talk.

Those aren't stats in my dreams brother man. They are FACTS! Daunte has been to 3 pro bowls, he has had 39 TDs in a season and he has had a rating of 110 in a season. When he hits up Chambers 100 times this year and leads the Fins to a division title, he will head to his 4th pro bowl.

PromisedLand said:
drpatriot, if Dave Barry were ranking the NFL teams, he would have written pretty much what you wrote. Seriously funny, dude, you should write more satire!

Ha Ha! I was just about to ask him if he was actually Dave Barry. Very similar style.

"28. Tennessee: I expect the number of wins this year for the Titans will be about as high as Vince Young’s Wonderlic score."

Didn't Vince get like a 16 when they recalculated his score with the right answer key? that means tennessee is going to have a perfect season and should be ranked number one! hahaha

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I laugh at your lack of knowledge and arrogance.
Oh, my. Are there hints of an inferiority complex ? Let's, see, what are the characteristics of that .......... Oh, yeah.

Oh, by the way, do come back in October and tell us about how this is going to be a great 'learning' and 'experience' season for the Dolphins and just wait till 'next' year - those Patsies won't have a chance.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Those aren't stats in my dreams brother man. They are FACTS! Daunte has been to 3 pro bowls, he has had 39 TDs in a season and he has had a rating of 110 in a season. When he hits up Chambers 100 times this year and leads the Fins to a division title, he will head to his 4th pro bowl.
Gosh, his team must have been doing GREAT. What am I thinking of. Oh......... that's right, the Vikes made it to the playoffs twice in 7 years in the over-the-hill pathetic NFC North. Gosh, that ought to make the Pats tremble. I can see why you are all a-quiver over this great stats QB who is going to lead the Dolphins TEAM to glory. What happened for the Vikes (or didn't happen) must have just been a meaningless fluke - couldn't have been a QB who doesn't quite find a way for his team to win. Let's see, who was that other QB with great stats ? Oh, yeah, Pay-me-a-ton. He really makes the Pats shiver. And he at least gets his teams to the playoffs.

Nice try.

Aquaboys 'Fins must be really doing good in Madden 2007. Each week his boasts keep get bigger and bigger. He must be half way through the Madden season by now and thrilled that they have a 6-2 record or whatever. But back in the REAL world - the Fins are STILL 0-0 with their new Fumblepepper toy. Aquaboy will learn soon enough that stats are great for Madden but mean less on the playing field- things like camraderie, leadership, trust, learning new terminology, fitting in with a new coach /team, synergy, team spirit, etc - can mean all the difference between success and failure. Things that don't show up in Madden. At the level of play (NFL), the difference is less physical than mental which separates the 'haves' from the 'have nots'. The Pats during the BB reign - have not had the most gifted athletes. Fact is during our 3 SB wins - the Pats have had one of the oldest average age rosters in the NFL. However, they have the mental edge and all the other intangibles listed above. Surrounded by world class offensive talent in MINN, a 2-2 playoff record does not show me that C-pepper has 'IT'. But he still has time to prove me wrong. Come on C-pep, show me what you got big boy! Are you a winner or a whinner? The only stats that mean diddly squat are W's. THAT is what you are paid for as an NFL QB.

arrellbee said:
Gosh, his team must have been doing GREAT. What am I thinking of. Oh......... that's right, the Vikes made it to the playoffs twice in 7 years in the over-the-hill pathetic NFC North. Gosh, that ought to make the Pats tremble. I can see why you are all a-quiver over this great stats QB who is going to lead the Dolphins TEAM to glory. What happened for the Vikes (or didn't happen) must have just been a meaningless fluke - couldn't have been a QB who doesn't quite find a way for his team to win. Let's see, who was that other QB with great stats ? Oh, yeah, Pay-me-a-ton. He really makes the Pats shiver. And he at least gets his teams to the playoffs.

Nice try.

Have you maybe ever thought for a minute that the team he had in Minnesota sucked really bad? That team was atrocious. Good quarterbacks have been left out of the playoffs before ya know. You don't have to make the playoffs to be a good QB. Trent Green didn't do a whole lot with St. Louis but when he went to Kansas City, he was a regular in the post season. I mean Jay Fiedler took the Fins to the playoffs twice for crying out loud. Are you saying that makes him one of the top 12 QBs in the league? I certainly don't think so.

SunnyDenmark said:
Aquaboys 'Fins must be really doing good in Madden 2007. Each week his boasts keep get bigger and bigger. He must be half way through the Madden season by now and thrilled that they have a 6-2 record or whatever. But back in the REAL world - the Fins are STILL 0-0 with their new Fumblepepper toy. Aquaboy will learn soon enough that stats are great for Madden but mean less on the playing field- things like camraderie, leadership, trust, learning new terminology, fitting in with a new coach /team, synergy, team spirit, etc - can mean all the difference between success and failure. Things that don't show up in Madden. At the level of play (NFL), the difference is less physical than mental which separates the 'haves' from the 'have nots'. The Pats during the BB reign - have not had the most gifted athletes. Fact is during our 3 SB wins - the Pats have had one of the oldest average age rosters in the NFL. However, they have the mental edge and all the other intangibles listed above. Surrounded by world class offensive talent in MINN, a 2-2 playoff record does not show me that C-pepper has 'IT'. But he still has time to prove me wrong. Come on C-pep, show me what you got big boy! Are you a winner or a whinner? The only stats that mean diddly squat are W's. THAT is what you are paid for as an NFL QB.

I would expect a post like this out of you Sunnyboy.

NE_Paddy said:
Ha Ha! I was just about to ask him if he was actually Dave Barry. Very similar style.
Yes, but I believe the actual Dave Barry is deceased, isn't he?

PromisedLand said:
Yes, but I believe the actual Dave Barry is deceased, isn't he?

Not that I know of.

He's still around, just taking a long break from writing at the Miami Herald.

You chould check out some of his more recent pieces, like his review of 2005 current affairs..... I swear he had me wetting myself just a little.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No his 3 pro bowls, 110 QB rating and 39 TD (both in 1 season of course) form.

Huh...yeah...how did that team of his do that year?

Just wonderin'....

NE_Paddy said:
Not that I know of.

He's still around, just taking a long break from writing at the Miami Herald.

You chould check out some of his more recent pieces, like his review of 2005 current affairs..... I swear he had me wetting myself just a little.
Thanks. I guess I had heard the OTHER Dave Barry was deceased. See here:

http://povonline.com/2001/News082001a.htm

dr patriot: compliments ! very very nice post-well done !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back