PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Patriots/Sox Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of both, but the Pats (and NFL football) are number one. Baseball fades into the background once football season begins. While I'd like to see the Pats garner the most fans in the region, CT most likely will remain in the hands of Sox Nation since there is such a jumble of allegiances football-wise (Pats, NJG, NJJ, Dollfish, Dallas). Whereas baseball is really only split between the Sox and Yanks (Mets are a distant 3rd) so the numbers just aren't there.

I've been a team of both teams long before any bandwagon was formed, so I'm not going anywhere either way.

I'm not sure the soap opera going on with the Pats necessarily helps draw in any new fans, but it does solidify those of us who already are. Given the past off-season's tabloid material and the recent developments, I'm not sure the Sox are the Desperate Housewives in New England anymore, though.

I'm sure this thread will probably get shouted down by someone since it involves the Team Who Must Not Be Named. But I've never understood why this has to be an either/or thing. I can understand why some people prefer one or the other. I enjoy both and love this time of year when both teams are competitive. Just seems silly to get wrapped up in who polls better with New England fans.

I have never understood why it has to be an either/or thing with the sox and Patriots. I know there are some people who hate baseball for whatever reasons, but there are a lot of people who love baseball and football at the same time. It's kind of like having two lovers.....who cares which one is better so long as you are getting them BOTH!

It's kind of like having two lovers.....who cares which one is better so long as you are getting them BOTH!

Are you speaking from experience? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe