PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Patriots/Sox Turning Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm starting to think this will be the year the Pats take over the Sox as the region's favorite team. Here's why:

1) Spygate had solidified the passions of the devoted fans as well as brought in the fringe fans in the us against the world battle.

2) Acquisitions of guys like Moss and Thomas and is attracting other fringe fans who have always been attracted to the Eye Candy/highlight reel palyers of the league.

3) Sort of a continuation of #3. The folks enamoured with stuff like the greatest show on turf and the offenses of Colts and Bengals will be drawn to what the Pats have on the field.

4) As DB mentioned in an earlier post, this season has a "special" feel to it. As that special feeling grows, the team will gain more attention.

5) The Sox are starting to die faster than Britney Spears career and visions of 1978 and dangling in people's heads. A lot of Sox bandwagoners will start taking their bandwagonning elsewhere.

That's it.

Gosh I'm bored by the skins/iggles game. Is it next Sunday yet?:bricks:

Last edited:
I'm sure this thread will probably get shouted down by someone since it involves the Team Who Must Not Be Named. But I've never understood why this has to be an either/or thing. I can understand why some people prefer one or the other. I enjoy both and love this time of year when both teams are competitive. Just seems silly to get wrapped up in who polls better with New England fans.

One of the only upsides of this mess is it distracts us from "Them" getting whipped by the Yanks again.

Major League baseball is an anachronism that essentially is on life support in a few metropolitan strongholds, including the city of Boston. Its total implosion is imminent. Outside Boston proper, the Patriots definitely rule.

I like the sox but I love the pats much more....

I though everyone else around boston thought that too. who likes the sox more than the Pats.

I split sox season tickets and after the way last season ended I had a sour taste in my mouth. I had no expectations entering this season and the fact that they should make the playoffs is a nice surprise for me. However, the last few weeks have been horrible. The fact that they are just collapsing, for the third straight season, while the Pats are rolling along and showing no signs of slowing down will bring a lot of people on board the Pats' bandwagon.

The Patriots have also drawn headlines this year, with acquisitions of guys like Moss, the "scandal", and their success. These headlines and the associated space are usually reserved for the Sox. They are getting the amount of attention many of us have desired. Perhaps it is a case of careful what you wish for?

I love both teams, and will stick with both through the low times, which are bound to come sometime.

Honestly, I would rather watch the patriots, football is an action sport, where baseball, not so much. The sox manage to bring a lot of dissapointment, and it is amazing there are so many bandwagoners.

Slag you lost credibility on the resignation thing.

Eff the dead sux.

Eff theo the boy blunder from brookline.

Eff tom werner from hollyweird, friend of rosanne, whoopee and rosie.

Eff manny the lazy ****** ramirez.

Eff jason "the captain" varitek, who showed his true leadership by holding up the franchise and threatening to take his declining act to free agency unless the FO paid him one penny more than the next-highest bidder.

And last but least, eff jd drew, who has always been, is now, and always will be, only about the money.

Go Indians.

I split sox season tickets and after the way last season ended I had a sour taste in my mouth. I had no expectations entering this season and the fact that they should make the playoffs is a nice surprise for me. However, the last few weeks have been horrible. The fact that they are just collapsing, for the third straight season, while the Pats are rolling along and showing no signs of slowing down will bring a lot of people on board the Pats' bandwagon.
Collapsing? Overreact much? They're 10-6 this month, and still have the best record in baseball. Relax.

baseball is loaded with a bunch of overgrown infants.

I don't understand how this region is so in love with these overpayed aholes.

I'll take the Patriots any day of the week!

The Pats are more popular than the Sox no matter what the vocal Sox media machine says. Rating for the Pats preseason games are higher than regular season Sox games and regular season Pats beats playoff Sox as well.

Maybe the Sox win the 60+ and the pink hat demos, but the true sports fans are more likely bigger Pats fans.

I know many, many people here in Maine who have a passion for both teams and that is great but, for me, the Pats are #1 by FAR. I love football more than baseball anyway but the Pats have won me over for good. There's just so much more excitement. I look forward to each and every Sunday during football season like it is Christmas every week. Go Pats!

Current NFL bylaws require the Patriots to compete with the other 31 NFL teams. No MLB teams are mentioned.

I, for one, am glad to have both. Since the Bruins are moribund, and the Celtics have a tendency to blow up teams that go anywhere in the playoffs, I find myself in need of both. Its a long year, and Football comes and goes so fast. Sure its fun to speculate on critical NFL issues like whether Randy Moss would pick a yellow or gray house to live in last spring, but all in all I'd rather have Baseball to watch when the only Football thing to do is discuss what color house Randy Moss might buy.

Slag you lost credibility on the resignation thing.

That's OK. The people I lost credibility with, that come on and tell me that I lost credibility with are guys like you.

I can live with that!:rocker:

Major League baseball is an anachronism that essentially is on life support in a few metropolitan strongholds, including the city of Boston. Its total implosion is imminent. Outside Boston proper, the Patriots definitely rule.

um yea you can keep dreaming that is true....its not...but you can keep dreaming.

um yea you can keep dreaming that is true....its not...but you can keep dreaming.

And you are in denial. Average MLB per-game baseball attendance continues to dwindle along with television ratings for both the all-star game and World Series. Baseball is a poorly administered anachronism whose lack of a salary cap spells ultimate doom. When you have a one-time world champ like the Florida Marlins unable to put even 1,000 fans in the seats, you know the sport is in deep doo-doo.

And you are in denial. Average MLB per-game baseball attendance continues to dwindle along with television ratings for both the all-star game and World Series. Baseball is a poorly administered anachronism whose lack of a salary cap spells ultimate doom. When you have a one-time world champ like the Florida Marlins unable to put even 1,000 fans in the seats, you know the sport is in deep doo-doo.

I thought total attendance last year was an all-time high??

I thought total attendance last year was an all-time high??

No, people are turning away from baseball in droves to watch paint dry and grass grow. Some have embraced less pastoral spectating, such as croquet and lawn dart tournaments. Still others have turned to curling, checkers and horse shoes. Hackey sack is a huge hit as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand