PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Modest Proposal to Help Roger Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencilneckgeek

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I’ve felt conflicted about the NFL for some time, and since the Ray Rice incident, I’ve truly hated Goodell and can’t stand most of the old boys’ club that runs the show. I still love the game, however, and don’t want to leave the best version of it behind entirely. Since Roger bent over the Krafts and tried to do the same with Brady, my ethical and Patsfanatic selves have aligned, and I have been downright pissed and have had a hard time seeing a way to cheer for my home team, when I feel like the owner has abandoned them in favor of the NFL owners old boys’ club. Kraft’s too-late protestations and support for Brady have me ready to cheer for the SEASON OF REVENGE 2.0, but I feel a need to voice my displeasure at the league and see if I can’t help motivate the cowardly, self-serving ownership to kick Goodell while he’s down.

If any other employee of the league had underperformed their salary in their job as badly as he cynically managed the leagues response to the concussion issue, underhandedly tried to minimize the Ray Rice incident, and incompetently handled discipline for the league, they would have been out of the league long ago. He’s an error repeater and has a horrendously overvalued contract, and it’s only the cowardly greed of the NFL ownership that has let him last this long. I plan to use that greed against Roger by boycotting all products that sponsor the NFL until he is a thing of the past. I hope those of you who feel the same will join me.

To that end, I’ve compiled a list of NFL Sponsors below, generally limiting it to companies with some consumer products, as I don’t expect a business service boycotts to get much traction. This may not either, but for those of you of like mind, agree with this and post your thoughts below, and let’s see if 20th century consumer activism can help give Roger a push out the door.

Official NFL Sponsors

Automotive Sponsors
Hyundai (includes Kia)
GM (includes Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC)
Ford (includes Lincoln)
Bridgestone
Castrol

Food & Beverage Sponsors
Anheuser-Busch Inbev (e.g., Bass, Beck’s, Blue Point, Bohemia, Bud, Goose Island, Haake-Beck, Hoegaarden, Labbatt’s, Michelob, Lowenbrau, Rolling Rock, Spaten, Shock Top, St. Pauli Girl, Stella Artois, Whitbread, and many more smaller brands)

Pepsi (e.g., Gatorade, Tropicana, Aquafina, Lipton Teas, Mt. Dew, 7Up, Sierra Mist)
Frito-Lay – part of Pepsi (includes Frito’s, Lay’s Chips, Dorito’s, Tostitos, Ruffles, Cheetos, Walker’s)
Quaker Oats – also part of Pepsi

Papa John’s
McDonald’s
Dannon (including Activia, Oikos, Evian)

Communications & Media
Comcast (includes NBC, Universal Studios, Weather Channel, Telemundo, Bravo, E, USA, SyFy, XFinity)
Verizon

Financial Services & Insurance
Visa
TD Ameritrade
Geico
Nationwide Insurance

Electronics
Xbox
Lenovo
Microsoft

Other Consumer Goods & Services
Proctor & Gambell (e.g., Gillette, Duracell, Head & Shoulders, Tide, Old Spice, Vicks, Covergirl, Always)
Bose
Marriott
FedEx
Primesport

These are just the official ones. I’ll keep a running list below for unofficial sponsors who buy television ad spots during the Pats games, and they’ll get the same treatment. If Kraft starts sounding more like the membership of this board and a fan of the New England Patriots and less like a member of the NFL old boys’ club, I’ll consider removing local network sponsors from the list, but until that time, they can help me focus my consumer choices, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST