PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A look forward to the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So AP is always deadly. If we don't sure up the DL he will get 150 on us. Stack the box and make Cassel make some plays over revis etc?

Patterson scares me. Very dangerous IMO

Oh and we get to see Jenny Dell on the sidelines :)

My guess is a switch to the 4-3 and with a oline playing the whole game together, we will have enough to win and have a foundation for this team starting.

My guess is a switch to the 4-3 and with a oline playing the whole game together, we will have enough to win and have a foundation for this team starting.

I hope they switch up the D. I also hope they keep AP in check.

This kid could pull off a Josh Gordon type game against the Pats

He was their leading rusher last week as well. I mean will revis follow him wherever?

I hope they switch up the D. I also hope they keep AP in check.
My guess is something will get switched on d and the oline will get figured out. I think last week was a bad gameplan combined with the heat and a oline that couldn't get in a rhythm.

IMO, this should be the Defense to start against the Vikings:

Rob Ninkovich - Dominique Easley - Vince Wilfork - Chandler Jones
Dont'a Hightower - Jerod Mayo - Jamie Collins​
Darrelle Revis - Duron Harmon - Devin McCourty - Alfonzo Dennard

Notes:
  1. Revis shades Patterson for the entire game. He's better than Sherman 1 on 1. Let him show that.
  2. Piss off the 34 front. The Pats don't have the DE's for a 34.
  3. Wilfork can 2 gap if he likes but he absolutely must maintain his spot.
  4. Get Easley, Jones and Ninkovich to collapse the pocket. Cassel is below average under duress.

IMO, this should be the Offense to start against the Vikings:

Dobson - Edelman - Solder - Connolly - Stork - Cannon - Vollmer - Gronkowski
Brady​
Ridley - Vereen
Notes:
  1. Wendell is not a good Center. Activate Stork and play the kid. At worst, he'll be as bad as Wendell.
  2. Activate Dobson. Outside of injury, there is no excuse for him not to be playing.
  3. Mix up the backfield and get Ridley and Vereen out there. Audible to what the D gives you. At worst, Vereen can pick up a swing and screen passes.
  4. Play dynamic football that puts the players in positions to be successful McDaniels. Have you learnt nothing?

This kid could pull off a Josh Gordon type game against the Pats
Agreed, and based off of how open Mike Wallace was frequently against Revis, I'm extremely concerned about his effectiveness at this stage of his career post acl. I know many players come back from those injuries just fine, but maybe this is the exception to the rule because yesterday, that was not New York Jets lockdown corner Revis.

And why was he playing so far off the line? He has always played press man, all of a sudden though, Belichick wants to change up what makes him effective though.

Is anyone going to the game?? This will be my first meaningful Pats game (saw them in preseason like 10 years ago). I'm pretty pumped. I had tickets to the AFCCG in Foxborough back in 2011 but we decided to lose to the goddamned Jets :mad:

Would be cool to meet up with fellow Patsfans members before the game!

Agreed, and based off of how open Mike Wallace was frequently against Revis, I'm extremely concerned about his effectiveness at this stage of good career post acl. I know many players come back from those injuries just fine, but maybe this is the exception to the rule because yesterday, that was not New York Jets lockdown corner Revis..
It was 1 game. So if we are going off one game and their effectiveness...Brady is done as well

Agreed, and based off of how open Mike Wallace was frequently against Revis, I'm extremely concerned about his effectiveness at this stage of his career post acl. I know many players come back from those injuries just fine, but maybe this is the exception to the rule because yesterday, that was not New York Jets lockdown corner Revis.

And why was he playing so far off the line? He has always played press man, all of a sudden though, Belichick wants to change up what makes him effective though.
********. Miami moved Wallace all over the formation. He wasn't in a direct match up with Revis all game.

My guess is something will get switched on d and the oline will get figured out. I think last week was a bad gameplan combined with the heat and a oline that couldn't get in a rhythm.

Yep, had nothing to do with a lack of talent along the interior DL. :confused:

A "bad gameplan" doesn't make your DL get driven off the ball and out of the running lanes on every play by mediocre OL.

And for all the talk about how out of sync the Pats OL was, couldn't Dolphins fans say the same thing? Their OL had new faces on it and they handled the Pats DL with ease most of the day.

What we saw yesterday was the same Joe Vellano we saw in 2013. We saw the same Vince Wilfork we saw (and worried about) before his Achilles injury. We saw the same Sealver Siliga we saw last year. I don't know why it's reasonable to expect a change in gameplan or cooler weather to make those players go from guys who struggle to get off blocks to guys who will be plus run defenders.

A new gameplan might be able to cover up some of the holes along the line but it's not going to make them go away and any time you compensate for one area, you're creating a weakness (or limiting your creativity) in another unit.

Belichick is a master at hiding his roster's weaknesses but it's really hard to hide bad talent along the lines. And that's what they have right now. Along the OL, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell and Jordan Devey are who we think they are - marginal starters. All 3 of them struggled badly yesterday and Connolly/Wendell struggled badly at times last year. It's nothing new.

Same talent as last year. Same results (maybe worse) to start this year. That - to me - makes sense logically, much as I dislike the outcome. Expecting different results with the same talent makes less sense. If there were a way to gameplan around Wilfork's declining play or Vellano's poor play, we would have seen it already. If there were a way to gameplan around soft interior line play, the Pats would probably have at least 1 more Lombardi trophy.

Football is won and lost along the lines regardless of how much people focus on CB's with their own island and WR's with freaky size/speed.

It was 1 game. So if we are going off one game and their effectiveness...Brady is done as well

As I said in my rant, no one knows the context of the situation. How was he supposed to play Wallace and what was the game plan. All we can do is speculate.

Mike zimmer had a good game plan vs the pats last yr in cincy. But there was no gronk and torrential rain. Could be a tough outing for our offense.

********. Miami moved Wallace all over the formation. He wasn't in a direct match up with Revis all game.
He certainly was on that double move that left Wallace in front of Revis by 10 yards streaking down the sideline. And the one over the middle that Revis was trailing on.

Mike zimmer had a good game plan vs the pats last yr in cincy. But there was no gronk and torrential rain. Could be a tough outing for our offense.

Yes but pats will know this and know some of his tendencies

Yep, had nothing to do with a lack of talent along the interior DL. :confused:

A "bad gameplan" doesn't make your DL get driven off the ball and out of the running lanes on every play by mediocre OL.

And for all the talk about how out of sync the Pats OL was, couldn't Dolphins fans say the same thing? Their OL had new faces on it and they handled the Pats DL with ease most of the day.

What we saw yesterday was the same Joe Vellano we saw in 2013. We saw the same Vince Wilfork we saw (and worried about) before his Achilles injury. We saw the same Sealver Siliga we saw last year. I don't know why it's reasonable to expect a change in gameplan or cooler weather to make those players go from guys who struggle to get off blocks to guys who will be plus run defenders.

A new gameplan might be able to cover up some of the holes along the line but it's not going to make them go away and any time you compensate for one area, you're creating a weakness (or limiting your creativity) in another unit.

Belichick is a master at hiding his roster's weaknesses but it's really hard to hide bad talent along the lines. And that's what they have right now. Along the OL, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell and Jordan Devey are who we think they are - marginal starters. All 3 of them struggled badly yesterday and Connolly/Wendell struggled badly at times last year. It's nothing new.

Same talent as last year. Same results (maybe worse) to start this year. That - to me - makes sense logically, much as I dislike the outcome. Expecting different results with the same talent makes less sense. If there were a way to gameplan around Wilfork's declining play or Vellano's poor play, we would have seen it already. If there were a way to gameplan around soft interior line play, the Pats would probably have at least 1 more Lombardi trophy.

Football is won and lost along the lines regardless of how much people focus on CB's with their own island and WR's with freaky size/speed.
I wouldn't say lack of talent, but a misuse of talent.

Miami didn't constantly switch oline members out in a rotation also I believe.

I have a lot of concerns about this team. Revis isn't one of them.

So AP is always deadly. If we don't sure up the DL he will get 150 on us. Stack the box and make Cassel make some plays over revis etc?

Patterson scares me. Very dangerous IMO

Oh and we get to see Jenny Dell on the sidelines :)
We should plan which posters is going to open the “We should have kept Cassell instead of Brady” thread this week just in case we lose.. .:D

We are gonna trash the Vikings no questions asked we are a super bowl team their not, their like a low level team compared to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back