PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A look forward to the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the coaching performance on the weekend, no game should be viewed as a W. I'll be reassessing my position on the Patriots until they show me they should be favorites. The lack of physicality in the trenches was especially concerning.

They were switching Oline combs all game. Dont expect that all year It can only get better.

pats record with Norv on the team?

Given the coaching performance on the weekend, no game should be viewed as a W. I'll be reassessing my position on the Patriots until they show me they should be favorites. The lack of physicality in the trenches was especially concerning.

I don't think I'd take it quite as far as you are with an all out reassessment, but what you say obviously makes sense.

I'm going to stick with just having a tough game down in Miami against (arguably) one of the top 5 defensive fronts in the NFL, where Brady has a losing record as it is. If we don't see a 2-1 record after next week's home opener vs OAK, then I will definitely be remembering your skepticism and wishing that I had agreed with it ;)

QB Ratings for Pats at Vikings: 69.7 vs 113.8 and history could be made

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/274704191.html

Great story with loads of stats from the Star-Tribune. Matt Cassell comes in as the higher rated QB but Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was quick to point out that the Patriots are 34-4 after a loss in the regular season since 2003.

A nice quote:

"A Patriots victory Sunday would move Brady out of a tie with John Elway for the third-most regular-season wins (148) in NFL history. It also would give Belichick his 200th regular-season victory, making him the fourth-fastest coach to reach that milestone (306 games) and bumping Tom Landry (319) into fifth place."

If the Pats run D looks anything like it did last week, a win isn't likely.

I was thinking about this...has Brady ever faced a former backup before?

Has brady ever lost to a former backup AN?

If the Pats run D looks anything like it did last week, a win isn't likely.

Just as long as they don't have to be on the field 19 out of 30 minutes in the 2nd half in 89 degree 61% humidity.

(......and yes, that is directed at YOU Josh McDaniels)

I was thinking about this...has Brady ever faced a former backup before?

Has brady ever lost to a former backup AN?

Do you consider Drew Bledsoe a former backup? Bledsoe was the Buffalo Bills QB in 2003 when the Pats got blown out 31-0 after Lawyer Milloy was cut. Brady threw four interceptions and no TDs. Bledose went 17-27 with 1 TD and 1 INT. http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=230907002

I think they faced each other six times between 2002 and 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes