PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A little perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if it gets me banned from this place for what that's worth lately but you're nothing but a moronic malcontent frontrunning resident troll and that's all you've ever been since the day you arrived here.

That Ian has continued to cater to the likes of you and a dozen or so more like you who only show up to gloat in defeat is part of what sucks about this board these days.

Agreed. Don't know if our opinions would count here, but I'm all for good give & take on everything--but when it comes to obviously braindead stuff like this I'm not sure why there wouldn't be a ban.

Just to add some more perspective that I always bring up to remind people that the Pats haven't always rolled over teams in the SB years..even in December.

Going into week 14 in 2001 season the Pats were 8-5 playing in Buffalo who was a meager 2-11. In overtime with the score tied 9-9, David Patten caught a pass near midfield and was knocked unconcious and dropped the ball. The Bills recovered however the play was reviewed and the ball was given back to the Pats because Patten's unconcious head was contacting the sideline while his leg was touching the ball. the next play Antowain Smith ran for 30+ yds and Vinitieri then kicked the winning FG.

NE finished 11-5 and won a tie breaker with Miami to win the division and get a bye.

This season is over in terms of winning a Superbowl. It is now time to discuss when to let Belichick go. Just like a gambler at the craps table in Vegas his run is over.

I know it stings the senses to read that but deep down you know it is true. The failures are mounting.

1) Spy Gate
2) AFCCG loss to Colts after being up 18 points.
3) SB loss to Giants who were 14 point underdogs
4) Wild Cat melt down to Dolphins and thus lost division title.
5) 4th and 2

This is just a copy and paste job from a thread that you started right after the Colts game and was deleted.

I know that some of the posters here want you to be banned but being an idiot is not a bannable offense. However I can knock you off this thread.

Last edited:
Cosigned.

I very really get into these types of board battles but this has been ridiculous of late. I can barely stand to log on anymore. The achievements this team, along with it's ownership and management, had made this Decade are on par with the best decade ANY team has ever achieved.

LETS GET PETE CARROL BACK!! BB SUCKS :rolleyes:

Use the ignore feature for these guys.

I look back fondly on the times when I could do that. And when a nonsense post was made by them, all I saw was a little strip saying that the poster was dead to me.:(

In think we can all honestly agree deep down inside that this team is lacking in some areas and the talent level has been better in some areas in the past and that this team is a very good but not an elite team but is also a team who has a chance to still win its division and start at 0-0 the first week of January,just like all the other 12 participants in the SB pool and have a shot to get the job done if they play well when its do or die time.

We can all agree with this I assume :snob:

In think we can all honestly agree deep down inside that this team is lacking in some areas and the talent level has been better in some areas in the past and that this team is a very good but not an elite team but is also a team who has a chance to still win its division and start at 0-0 the first week of January,just like all the other 12 participants in the SB pool and have a shot to get the job done if they play well when its do or die time.

We can all agree with this I assume :snob:

agreed. This is a good football team. Not elite, but capable of making a run in the playoffs.

Last edited:
you guys all make good points. The real question is, even if what you say is true and that the pats can turn it on in December and make a big playoff run, do they have the players to do so? I mean our offensive line and secondary need to get better real fast. I'm not sure if Vollmer coming back is going to solve anything.

The problem with the oline is that BB has not addressed that position until he drafted Vollmer this year. We have the same old country boys up front who have lost a step or two.

Yes, we are a team with an outside chance at winning the Superbowl. We have a stronger team than many past Super Bowl winner.

We are where most of us expected us to be at this point. Of course, some of think that we might be better off with Seymour and Hobbs on the squad, and with better scheming by our coordinators.

you guys all make good points. The real question is, even if what you say is true and that the pats can turn it on in December and make a big playoff run, do they have the players to do so? I mean our offensive line and secondary need to get better real fast. I'm not sure if Vollmer coming back is going to solve anything.

The problem with the oline is that BB has not addressed that position until he drafted Vollmer this year. We have the same old country boys up front who have lost a step or two.

I have really felt better when I say and suggest all of you today take a deep breath and say the following.....

We're all 0-0 in January,We're all 0-0 in January,We're all 0-0 in January.......

I have really felt better when I say and suggest all of you today take a deep breath and say the following.....

We're all 0-0 in January,We're all 0-0 in January,We're all 0-0 in January.......

Yeah, but the problems need to be addressed before then. We need to see improvements in the next 5 games. The Pats are a good team, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat, but they arent a great team because they cant beat the teams they arent supposed to beat.

Giants in December 2007?

Week 15 they were humiliated by the Redskins in the Meadowlands
Week 16 they beat Buffalo
Week 17 the Pats beat them by putting up 38 points.

Where do you clowns come up with these beliefs that have zero correlation with reality?

The only thing that should be added is last year the Steelers were hammered in December by the Titans 34-13.

Also, in December 2005, the Steelers were 7-5 and on a 3 game losing streak.

What's interesting is that for the past 10 years only one #1 seed (Pats 2003) has actually won the Super Bowl.

The OP asked the question of what those teams had in common and I think he tried to say our current Pats team can emulate what they did. All those teams had bad stretches and but went on a great run to the SB. However, I contended that those teams had one thing in common that we do not have, they all had a great pass rush. Are you trying to say the Giants didn't havea great pass rush? You must have been watching a different team than I was.

Although Manning sucked for the most part of the year and Coughlin was portrayed as a nut prompting everyone to declare him the anti-christ, it still doesn't take away that the Giants had an insane front 4 that pressured teams.

Same with the Colts with Freeney and Pittsburg with Porter and their whole scheme.

Give it a rest with the chicken little nonsense. This team has many flaws that have been exposed by the good teams they've played and that's what is being discussed here. Your Good Ship Lollipop "perspective" is amusing. I might buy in if the Pats were to meet the Little Sisters of the Poor in the playoffs but sadly they'll face good teams and they'll face them on the road. Not a winning scenario this year unless Fred Taylor comes back and this offense suddenly figures out how to play smart playoff football, i.e you run the ball, you control the clock and the game.

The OP asked the question of what those teams had in common and I think he tried to say our current Pats team can emulate what they did. All those teams had bad stretches and but went on a great run to the SB. However, I contended that those teams had one thing in common that we do not have, they all had a great pass rush. Are you trying to say the Giants didn't havea great pass rush? You must have been watching a different team than I was.

Although Manning sucked for the most part of the year and Coughlin was portrayed as a nut prompting everyone to declare him the anti-christ, it still doesn't take away that the Giants had an insane front 4 that pressured teams.

Same with the Colts with Freeney and Pittsburg with Porter and their whole scheme.

So the Colts had a decent pass rush that year. Their DTs were mediocre. They had the worst rushing defense in league history. You keep ignoring that fact. I'd take this Pats defense over the defense the Colts had in 2006. The Colts' defense in 2006 gave up 41 TDs that year.

Even with the five TDs the Pats gave up last night (and based on their remaining opponents they won't give up that many), the Pats are on pace to give up 36 TDs. Obviously barring a complete implosion, they will not give up nearly that many. They currently have given up 25 TDs with five of them from last night.

Also, the Pats have still dominated the time of possession this year (34:35 to 25:51) where the Colts didn't even possess the ball more than their opponents. (29:31 to 30:28) The Pats have already turned over the ball almost as much as the Colts did all year in 2006 (the Pats have 13 INTs in 11 games while the Colts had 15 in 16 and the Pats and the Pats have 10 fumble recoveries in 11 games vs. 11 fumble recoveries for the Colts in 16). In 2006, the Colts allowed opposing teams to convert 47% of their third downs while the Pats are allowing 38% of the third downs to be converted. Even after yesterday, the Pats have given up 14.8 PPG while the Colts in 2006 gave up 16.7 PPG.

So good for the Colts, they had somewhat of a pass rush. Their defense in the regular season was nowhere as good as the 2009 Patriots and that isn't exactly setting the bar to the 2000 Ravens' status.

So if you ignore comparing both defenses overall and just focus in on one area, yes the Colts were better on defense But a pass rush doesn't really mean anything if teams can run all over you and don't even have to throw the ball to move up and down the field and score points now does it? But I will conceed although the 2006 defense is far inferior to this year's Pats defense, their pass rush is better. I'm sure if the Pats end up facing Adrian Peterson in the Super Bowl they would much rather have the worst run defense in history so they can get a better pass rush.

Last edited:
Give it a rest with the chicken little nonsense. This team has many flaws that have been exposed by the good teams they've played and that's what is being discussed here. Your Good Ship Lollipop "perspective" is amusing. I might buy in if the Pats were to meet the Little Sisters of the Poor in the playoffs but sadly they'll face good teams and they'll face them on the road. Not a winning scenario this year unless Fred Taylor comes back and this offense suddenly figures out how to play smart playoff football, i.e you run the ball, you control the clock and the game.

The team has flaws, the biggest homers will admit that. But all the 'season is over'/ 'see you in training camp' crap is ridiculous. One blowout doesn't mean we are done and the OP posted several relevant examples of why it doesn't.

Shanknancy, is that you?

no kidding.......enough with "the sky is falling" mentality.

Ok.. you meant to say we gave up 4 points on that drive.

yeah, there a good 10 points left out there in the 1st half that we should have had.

Another thought because I've been living in Florida for quite a while and am surrounded every game..Jags fans...no SB wins and not looking good for them, ever... Bucs with the one SB win in 2002 and totally sucking this year, and even Fish fans with their past glory...they would all kill to have their team be as good as the Pats are right now, even after looking like serious poop against the Saints. Somehow, they don't really feel for me with my team still winning the division so far, and all. Imagine that! ;) And that's just the local teams...I won't even get into how I'm secretly enjoying the tears of my Steeler fan friends...don't tell them, please! HEE!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference