Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Good article here that says what I've been suggesting on a couple threads: McCarron would be an excellent fit here.

New England Patriots 2014 NFL Draft Prospects: Alabama QB AJ McCarron doesn't just manage games - he wins them | masslive.com

Quote:

Obviously, the Patriots are set for a few more years at starting quarterback, but McCarron has stated at the NFL Combine that he would "like to sit behind Brady." He also said that "New England is like the Alabama of pro football," and then when asked to name a NFL player to whom he would compare himself to, he named Brady.

McCarron is a smart football player who would fit in well in New England, and I could see him being the heir apparent to Brady. Let him sit for a couple of seasons, learn the playbook and from Brady then watch him succeed in the NFL. McCarron is a winner and it is no fluke as to why he is consistently linked to the Patriots.

Maybe if he is sitting there at #140

Good article here that says what I've been suggesting on a couple threads: McCarron would be an excellent fit here.

New England Patriots 2014 NFL Draft Prospects: Alabama QB AJ McCarron doesn't just manage games - he wins them | masslive.com

Quote:

That's why I like him and would love to have him behind Tom. But we still don't know how much longer Tom can give us his stellar play. It could be 2 more years or it could stretch to 5. Think that makes it hard trying to find his replacement from here on out.

The only category McCarron can compete with Brady in:

katherine-webb-alabama.jpg

vs.

Gisele-Bundchen.jpg

Besides that, I'll pass.

This is a very touchy subject, life post Brady...but one that will be discussed more and more as time goes on.

Can we find our Aaron Rodgers, Steve Young, Andrew luck successor without a huge drop-off?

Those 3 are the gold standard following HOF QB's. Odds are against us. McCarron is the style of QB I would prefer to Mallet's big arm style. Would be happy to see us draft him late. Not sure where he is projected.

As long as he leaves his Mom at home.

Maybe if he is sitting there at #140

It's not outside the realm of possibility. There are a LOT of teams who have needs like New England does and it's quite possible he's sitting somewhere low down the third round.

I wouldn't mind him but only if he fell into day 3. With needs like ours, you can't spend a rd 1-3 pick on a guy who won't see the field unless tragedy strikes anyway.

And that's really not a competition.

One is arguably biggest supermodel in the history of supermodels and the other did a burger chain commercial and some F-list/not even on the list celebrity diving thing.

I wouldn't mind him but only if he fell into day 3. With needs like ours, you can't spend a rd 1-3 pick on a guy who won't see the field unless tragedy strikes anyway.

Agreed, if hes there for either of our 4th rd picks, pref. 140, I pull the trigger. We can probably get a more useful short-term player, but the value at a potential future starting QB for a few years down the road is hard to pass.

He'd also have a contract that, unless I'm mistaken, would pretty count for more than ~300k against the cap. #140 last years highest cap hit in 725,125 in the final year of his deal.

Edit: I think this is all moot though, I feel someone is going to roll the dice before he falls into the "too good to pass up" category for us.

And that's really not a competition.

One is arguably biggest supermodel in the history of supermodels and the other did a burger chain commercial and some F-list/not even on the list celebrity diving thing.

But they both pass the eye test...

Quote:

Brady is signed through 2017 if I am not mistaken so that means he is going to play 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. For the reason I would not draft A. J. McCarron because essentially he would be entering UFA the year Brady was retired and we would have to pay him or lose him. The heir apparent to Brady needs to be drafted in the 2016 or 2017 NFL drafts, which would give him 1-2 years behind Brady before taking over at the start of 2018.

I do like AJ as a player however, I just do not think he fit ideally for the Patriots right now.

Kenny Guiton please.

Brady is signed through 2017 if I am not mistaken so that means he is going to play 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. For the reason I would not draft A. J. McCarron because essentially he would be entering UFA the year Brady was retired and we would have to pay him or lose him. The heir apparent to Brady needs to be drafted in the 2016 or 2017 NFL drafts, which would give him 1-2 years behind Brady before taking over at the start of 2018.

I do like AJ as a player however, I just do not think he fit ideally for the Patriots right now.

I think Brady being here will be dictated by his play and not his contract unfortunately.

*If he drops off next season he won't see 2016 let alone 2017.

*indicates I feel dirty just writing that and I'm headed to the shower.

I think Brady being here will be dictated by his play and not his contract unfortunately.

*If he drops off next season he won't see 2016 let alone 2017.

*indicates I feel dirty just writing that and I'm headed to the shower.

Agreed.

My worry is that we amass all this talent for Brady to use, then he gets hurt and we end up with Mallett under center. We did fairly well the last time Brady went down, but I'm not certain we can repeat that sort of a season with our current backup QB.

Gisele is beautiful but she is a bigger twig at best. Katherine Webb has more curves. I don't see how anyone could look at that picture and say Gisele is better. That has to be the most unflattering picture of her I've ever seen.

Besides that, I'll pass.

McCarron's girl isn't even close to Gisele's level. She's pretty, but definitely not my type of pretty at all.

Well done Patsinthesnow.

98608d1388181376t-my-mother-law-so-fat-m92eq9.jpg

:)

Gwedd and Gwedd like this.

nice...getting double likes now, eh ol' timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes