PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A different feeling in the air today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't it just seem like there is a new feeling out there in Patriot Nation today. Almost like we're back where we belong with the Pats inthe playoffs. The regular season seemed almost painful, just waiting to make the playoffs. Am I spoiled? Hell yeah! I want more. The atmosphere at the Miami game was more like a big party just celebrating going to the playoffs and while I was hoping for a different time for Sat. game, having it in prime time in the cold is going to be great. This week can't go by quick enough. Yahooism at it's best folks!

i agree - there is a positive feeling

it is incredible what our team done also this year with so many injuries at key positions (i.e Rodney, Matt and Dan only to mention some of them)

the best thingh is that is that we are optimistic also for the play-offs !!!

incredible IF we will be able to return again to the Super Bowl our team will be the best Dinasty ever !

ALSO FROM ITALY : GO PATRIOTS !!!

Yeah, the fun and relaxation of last week is over. If we win this week we'll be back where we usually are except for having to play (most likely) two road games to get to the promised land. I'm really not too worried about not having a bye, I think the success in the playoffs of teams having a bye is more due to the better teams usually having the bye than the bye itself helping that much. As long as Brushci is OK, we should be fine. And the preparation will be cake for our coaches as we've played Indy and Denver a lot recently. You know Ernie Adams has been working on both of those teams for a while.

I just worry about this game. Jax is not to be taken lightly.

oldrover said:
I just worry about this game. Jax is not to be taken lightly.
Bingo, though I prefer 'focused' over worry. :cool:

Please don't take this the wrong way but what does it matter if the fans look ahead? We aren't playing the game, we can speculate on everything that is the fun part of being a fan. The players are the only ones that have to focus on this weeks opponent and not look ahead. I think we should have threads based on Jax but at the same time there is nothing wrong with threads that speculate on possible future opponents.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
Please don't take this the wrong way but what does it matter if the fans look ahead? We aren't playing the game, we can speculate on everything that is the fun part of being a fan. The players are the only ones that have to focus on this weeks opponent and not look ahead. I think we should have threads based on Jax but at the same time there is nothing wrong with threads that speculate on possible future opponents.

Just my 2 cents.
Airedales, always with your head in the clouds. :p

You probably should have said airhead 'cause that one went right over my head

mgcolby said:
You probably should have said airhead 'cause that one went right over my head
I've probably got you confused with one of the Air Force guys who haunt the forum - airhead never accurately describes the vacuum I work with. :eek:

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
I've probably got you confused with one of the Air Force guys who haunt the forum - airhead never accurately describes the vacuum I work with. :eek:

No problem I just didn't get it. I definitly have a lot more respect for this board after visiting the Jags board just to read up on how they felt about the game. All I can say is wow, for a southern fan base they definitly can not put together an educated argument about X's and O's.

mgcolby said:
No problem I just didn't get it. I definitly have a lot more respect for this board after visiting the Jags board just to read up on how they felt about the game. All I can say is wow, for a southern fan base they definitly can not put together an educated argument about X's and O's.
I know, I almost started feeling over confident reading some of the deep thoughts on their end.

Yes, can't agree more - optimism abounds. You can sense it in the air and see it on the field. Plus, every Colt fan I have talked with registers concerns about our team right now. I can't anyone to bet with me - no one, and I tried hard today. You can bet BB is keeping the players minds "right" - the comment from Willie today - "Bill says if we choose to live in the past, we'll die in the present" is very telling. If anything , that gives me even more optimism.

The only caveat for me - the Jags have always played the Colts tough and close in recent years.....the Jags are dealing with some key injury issues, but they are no slouch in my book.

IndyKen said:
You can bet BB is keeping the players minds "right" - the comment from Willie today - "Bill says if we choose to live in the past, we'll die in the present" me .

You don't have to love BB to love that sh*t. Its that kind of quote from a coach that plants FOCUS ON THIS GAME squarely on the players heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News