PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Broncos fan's perspective on this Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Pro-Football-Reference.com - Pro Football Statistics and History

But I have to say that it is next to impossible to see how the Patriots' defense is getting better. If giving up career days to Dan Orlovsky and Rex Grossman adds up to "improvement," I need a new dictionary.

The Patriots defense is getting worse every week and this Broncos team is better offensively in many, many ways than the Redskins who matched the Patriots score for score until the clock ran out.

I do not share your optimism about this game - at all.
I would agree about that being a career year for Orlovski, but this was far from Grossman's best game....even this year. He threw for 252 yards vs the Pats. He threw for more yards 5 other times. He only had 30 fewer yards vs the Jets. And his two WORST games came against the Rams and Philly....go figure.

Pardon me if this might be considered nitpicking....because it is. ;)

I just saw a replay on NFLN of Tebow's touchdown pass vs. the Bears last week. One of the Bears linemen was held so blatantly I can't believe the refs missed it. I wasn't able to identify the players but the Broncos player had him in a headlock. That play should have been called back.

I just saw a replay on NFLN of Tebow's touchdown pass vs. the Bears last week. One of the Bears linemen was held so blatantly I can't believe the refs missed it. I wasn't able to identify the players but the Broncos player had him in a headlock. That play should have been called back.

I see lots of holding every week in the NFL not called. I mean there is really holding on every play and you can't throw the flag every play..only if the official sees it

I see lots of holding every week in the NFL not called. I mean there is really holding on every play and you can't throw the flag every play..only if the official sees it

There's holding and there is HOLDING. This was HOLDING.

I love Pro-Football-Reference.com - Pro Football Statistics and History

But I have to say that it is next to impossible to see how the Patriots' defense is getting better. If giving up career days to Dan Orlovsky and Rex Grossman adds up to "improvement," I need a new dictionary.

The Patriots defense is getting worse every week and this Broncos team is better offensively in many, many ways than the Redskins who matched the Patriots score for score until the clock ran out.

I do not share your optimism about this game - at all.

Fans of other teams tend to be more objective. As such, they tend to use their brains.

In the broad scope of fandom, the general paradigm recognizes that "career days" are not applicable if 80% of the "career day" comes when that dude is hopelessly behind.

Even the clowns on NFLN were laughing about it.

Perhaps you might want to explain why you think activity that happens when the game has been decided is so important?

The question you SHOULD be asking is why you think the completely meaningless means so much to you. There is nowhere but up for ya.

if the pats are up 10+ with 5 min left..the crowd will be out of it. Tebow can only get that one score when it matters. Anything more than that 1 score..he can't do it

Pats should win by at least 17

Tell that to the Dolphins and Bears.

Broncos were down by 14 with 2:44 left against the fins.

Down 10-0 with 2:10 left against the Bears.

So yeah, on at least 2 occasions, he's won when down by two scores with less than 5 minutes.

Doesn't mean he'll do it against the Pats, but the crowd is NOT going to be out of it just 'cos they're down by 2 scores late.

But I don't think it'll be that close.

27-17 Broncos. :rocker:

As an outside observer I just don't see this as possible or even plausible.
Unless NE. has a melt down, true-fully, Broncos just have little or no chance of winning this game. If the Tebow hype (and theres is a reason they call it hype) was not there and flacco was throwing these numbers, this would not even be on the NFL channel.
So, putting the useless feel good story aside.

Its the 3rd ranked offense Patriots Vs the 21st ranked Broncos
2011 NFL Standings, Team & Offensive Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

and the 14th ranked Defense Patriots Vs the 22nd ranked Broncos
2011 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Its pretty easy for us to see that NE's defense is improving, and can easily hold the Broncos to 14-17pts against the Broncos pedestrian run and pass game.
And its pretty easy for us to see that the Broncos defense matches up horribly against the Patriots offense, and has been lucky to play against much easier teams.

We had Fox in our division for years. He's always been a run the rock guy, and not very hard to game plan against, and he doesn't compare to BB or the Patriots staff.
I can say with 100% certainty , Fox will not change the Broncos style of play. They will run.

I know I joked around with this Tebow thing, because its kind of fun, and its always interesting to come here and chew the fat with some smart fans, but we are also VERY aware that most of the NFL stations are not going over the numbers on this Broncos team VS Patriots. Because they can't , it would kill the story when people found out just how bad the Denver Broncos are.

Pats are going to win this game

As a Bronco's fan I had to create an account to argue with a Saints fan on a Patriots message board.???

There is so much fail in your post. You have clearly have not actually seen the Broncos play but rather base your argument on meaningless stats. YPG on offense and Defense mean nothing. I'm very familiar with yardage champions as Denver has one in it's division. San Diego was 1st in both categories last year yet failed to make the playoffs.

Stating that Fox will not change his style is absolutely ridiculous. The Broncos have changed their whole entire offense since Tebow's insertion into the starting line-up.

Also, saying that Denver's 'D' matches up "horribly" with the pats is another indication that you have no clue what you are talking about. Not a lot of teams match up well against Brady and that offense. Denver is a small handful of teams that can lessen his impact. As you stated the Pats defense is getting better, so is Denver's. Denver can rush the passer. QB's have been gun shy all year and have been forced to make quick decisions.

I have seen a lot of Pats games over the years. Tom Brady is amazing. There is no arguing that. I am with all of you that putting Tom and Tim's name in the same sentence is absolutely ridiculous. Brady always seems to be effective because he is able to sit in a clean pocket. Not taking anything away from the guy, but as all QB's when under pressure he gets frustrated. I think the front 7 of Denvers D will be the main reason the Broncos win this game.

The Broncos are not a bad team as stated in your post. They are a very hot, confident, fighting team. It will be a good game that will be fun to watch.

Broncos 17
Patriots 13

Last edited:

Woulda...Shoulda....Coulda.

Calls are missed every week and probably in every game.

If BB had intended to take Tebow, I don't think he would have taken Tebow out to dinner in the North End, in front of everyone. That act virtually guaranteed media exposure.

I guess we have one hypothesis that can't be proven against another hypothesis that can't be proven.

Ain't free speech great!

As a Bronco's fan I had to create an account to argue with a Saints fan on a Patriots message board.???

There is so much fail in your post. You have clearly not actually seen the Broncos play but rather base your argument on meaningless stats. YPG on offense and Defense mean nothing. I'm very familiar with yardage champions as Denver has one in it's division. San Diego was 1st in both categories yet failed to make the playoffs.

Stating that Fox will not change his style is absolutely ridiculous. The Broncos have changed their whole entire offense since Tebow's insertion into the starting line-up.

Also, saying that Denver's 'D' matches up "horribly" with the pats is another indication that you have no clue what you are talking about. Not a lot of teams match up well against Brady and that offense. Denver is a small handful of teams that can lessen his impact. As you stated the Pats defense is getting better, so is Denver's. Denver can rush the passer. QB's have been gun shy all year and have been forced to make quick decisions.

I have seen a lot of Pats games over the years. Tom Brady is amazing. There is no arguing that. I am with all of you that putting Tom and Tim's name in the same sentence is absolutely ridiculous. Brady always seems to be effective because he is able to sit in a clean pocket. Not taking anything away from the guy, but as all QB's when under pressure he gets frustrated. I think the front 7 of Denvers D will be the main reason the Broncos win this game.

The Broncos are not a bad team as stated in your post. They are a very hot, confident, fighting team. It will be a good game that will be fun to watch.

Broncos 17
Patriots 13

You will hold Tom Brady to 13 points? That's a good one. You haven't faced a single decent QB outside of Rodgers and how did that work out? This hype is absolutely ridiculous and it seems some Broncos fans are buying in.

You better hope Tebow scores some 24+ cuz that's what it's going to take. That and a whole lot of praying that we seriously **** up somewhere.

Last edited:
Pats are going to win this game

Thanks for the logic and information.

And, BTW, as my favorite Opposition Poster (hands down!) do you have a view on whether your Saints can get what would be their first and only outdoor playoff victory in franchise history on the Frozen Tundra in January and keep an 18--0 Pack from the SB? I know a lot of us on this board hope so, but I wonder what you think

You will hold Tom Brady to 13 points? That's a good one. You haven't faced a single decent QB outside of Rodgers and how did that work out? This hype is absolutely ridiculous and it seems some Broncos fans are buying in.

You better hope Tebow scores some 24+ cuz that's what it's going to take. That and a whole lot of praying that we seriously **** up somewhere.

I'm basing my opinion off of what I have seen the last 6 wins. Denver's D has been dominant. Playing in that crowd will not be an easy task for Brady.

I'm basing my opinion off of what I have seen the last 6 wins. Denver's D has been dominant. Playing in that crowd will not be an easy task for Brady.

They've played decent...but sorry if holding Caleb Hanne and the corpse of Marion Barber to some 10 points doesn't impress me. In fact none of the QBs that you have faced since your beatdown by the Lions impress me.

Tebow starting slow for umm... 50 minutes of the game and putting up 0 points before the 4th quarter isn't going to work against a legit offense.

Like i said...a whole lot of praying because Denver needs alot of things to go their way in this game.

There is so much fail in your post. You have clearly have not actually seen the Broncos play but rather base your argument on meaningless stats. YPG on offense and Defense mean nothing. I'm very familiar with yardage champions as Denver has one in it's division. San Diego was 1st in both categories last year yet failed to make the playoffs.

Broncos 17
Patriots 13
The last time the Denver Broncos faced a quarterback who wasn't crapping the bed this season, the Denver Broncos got annihilated at home.

NFL Game Center: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos - 2011 Week 8

The last time the Denver Broncos faced a quarterback who wasn't crapping the bed this season, the Denver Broncos got annihilated at home.

NFL Game Center: Detroit Lions at Denver Broncos - 2011 Week 8

Yeah, that was 7 weeks ago.

Rivers is no slouch either.

I love the overconfidence of your fan base. It is following the exact same script of the last 6 teams that faced the Broncos. Every week it is something new as to why it would be embarrassing to lose to Denver. It has been fun to watch.

I love the overconfidence of your fan base. It is following the exact same script of the last 6 teams that faced the Broncos. Every week it is something new as to why it would be embarrassing to lose to Denver. It has been fun to watch.

It's not overconfidence...it's just confidence. When i look at how much luck you have had and the opponents you have played i really don't see why i shouldn't expect a win.

That was the last time the Denver Broncos played against a legitimate NFL quarterback.

Philip Rivers is having the worst year of his career, a proverbial turnover machine this season. Philip Rivers can't even handle a snap (center-quarterback exchange) with the game on the line.

If you are impressed by the Chicago Bears offense with Caleb Hanie and Marion Barber, backups to Jay Cutler and Matt Forte, then you are blinded by your homerism.

Better off listening to pressers than us for the teams mental state of being and confidence level:confused:

Last edited:
That was the last time the Denver Broncos played against a legitimate NFL quarterback.

Philip Rivers is having the worst year of his career, a proverbial turnover machine this season. Philip Rivers can't even handle a snap (center-quarterback exchange) with the game on the line.

If you are impressed by the Chicago Bears offense with Caleb Hanie and Marion Barber, backups to Jay Cutler and Matt Forte, then you are blinded by your homerism.

Not impressed by hanie and the bears offense. Rivers is having a bad year but he is still an elite qb.

The most impressive thing about the broncos 7 wins with tebow is that 5 of them were on the road. I dont care how many excuses you want to make to downplay denvers victories. In the nfl that is a pretty incredible feat.

I don't get the feeling that the Pats fan base as a whole is over confident at all. There are always going to be a few fringe over-the-top homers - just like there are always going to be a few fringe over-the-top pessimists; I would say overall the general feeling is concerned but cautiously optimistic.

If you go read the commentary from many of the recent threads here, going back to the Redskins post-game thread, I don't think you can accurately characterize the Pats fan base as being overconfident; in fact, that might be one of the last adjectives that I would use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST