PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Broncos fan's perspective on this Sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints are a great team.....I just can't see a dome team going into Green Bay in January and winning. A dome team, on the road, in the elements....meh. Saints better hope someone knocks off Green Bay. If that happens, Saints in the Superbowl.

No, we want Green Bay, its how our fan base is. We want the best team, and if the boys lose then we're not the best and don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl. Most share your feelings about a Dome team, but there are ways we can pull this off, especially with our advantage of a better short pass game,OL and RB's. Plus we think GB will be underestimating us, because no one will pick us to win.

I did enjoy that lick Doom put on Brady though heh. Just a little moment in the game that brought a smile to my face. A RARE moment.

Props tp Dumervil for a clean hit on Brady. We call that a de-cleater, when the player that gets hit, has his feet flying in the air.

Give props to the Patriots Defensive coaches for scrapping a gameplan that was obviously not working (167 yards rushing in 1st Qtr).

No, we want Green Bay, its how our fan base is. We want the best team, and if the boys lose then we're not the best and don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl. Most share your feelings about a Dome team, but there are ways we can pull this off, especially with our advantage of a better short pass game,OL and RB's. Plus we think GB will be underestimating us, because no one will pick us to win.

I tend to doubt that this is how most of the fanbase is. Most football fans just want to make the Superbowl, and if the #1 seed is eliminated, it's that much easier. There really aren't any style points for beating better teams en route.

I tend to doubt that this is how most of the fanbase is. Most football fans just want to make the Superbowl, and if the #1 seed is eliminated, it's that much easier. There really aren't any style points for beating better teams en route.

This!

I'm sure if the Saints had to beat - I 'dunno - the Cowboys, they would celebrate less? The Saints beat the Colts for a SB victory - Colts had Manning and load of crap on defense....did that sb victory feel hollow? Undeserved?

C'mon man!

Last edited:

I don't know, Saints look damn good. Given that both teams are predominantly passing teams I don't see the elements favoring one team over the other. I actually think the Saints also have the superior running game. I think they have a great shot no matter who they play.

Well, its true. Most of the polls we've done are about 55-70% packers. Then the rest are a mix of wanting a Dome game so we can watch it or Dallas is popular because they ended our 13-0 season then bragged about it, Atlanta because we want to end their season. The only reason most of the others do not want green bay is they're stadium will be friction cold to sit in and its an away game. But they beat us so we want to kick their butt. I guess we're a little vindictive :)
I don't know many that are trying to line up the weakest opponents just to get a trophy. That seems like a hollow victory. In the end we can't really chose. We wanted NE in 2009, but the colts were #1 seed , and beating Manning was was a plus. well, actually a lot did want Colts too.

Last edited:
the most vital attribute he possessed at the time was not screwing up when it mattered most.

I'd have to say that I'd rate that as the most important attribute I want to see in the QB, and really any player, of the team I root for.

I don't know, Saints look damn good. Given that both teams are predominantly passing teams I don't see the elements favoring one team over the other. I actually think the Saints also have the superior running game. I think they have a great shot no matter who they play.

The elements, I think, would favor the team that is used to playing in it. Packs's run game sucks tho....so, we'll see....

I hope so :) The offense is better than the 2009 offense. Graham is a upgrade from shockey, Sproles is and upgrade from bush, Thomas is healthier, Ingram is pretty good, LT Bushrod is much better than then. Our depth is sickening.
Ingram got banged up so we just had our 2nd string RB Ivory run for him ,who averages 6.1 ypc.

Our problem is the defense can't seem to get turnovers anymore, so our passing and team yards are off the charts, because the offense has to go the length of the field. Porter, greer and jenkins have stone hands this season.
Robinson has not played well either. We're not exactly sure what Gregg Williams is doing . We were #7 last year, but this year we are #24 or #18 depending where you go. Teams like NE and GB can pass all day on us, and run when there receivers get tired,lol.
I guess you can't have everything, but it would be nice.

Yeah, we look really great right now, Brees and the offense is just in a zone. Thanks, fun to watch. Im just worried about the footing if we have to go to GB, and if it gets to -20 we are going to have a problem. Rodgers has a scary long ball to Jenkins, not sure we can ever cover that.

Green Bay looked mighty mortal yesterday and hopefully, the shock of a loss to a pushover like the Chiefs will have a lasting effect. They're injured and while they keep talking about how 16-0 was icing, the deflation from dropping this one so late in the season when they were clearly going for it is going to sting. I hope they're knocked out of the playoffs. Nothing personal, just done with the love.

As a Bronco's fan I had to create an account to argue with a Saints fan on a Patriots message board.???

blah blah blah

Broncos 17
Patriots 13

ahemmmm
cough cough cough

I hope so :) The offense is better than the 2009 offense. Graham is a upgrade from shockey, Sproles is and upgrade from bush, Thomas is healthier, Ingram is pretty good, LT Bushrod is much better than then. Our depth is sickening.
Ingram got banged up so we just had our 2nd string RB Ivory run for him ,who averages 6.1 ypc.

Our problem is the defense can't seem to get turnovers anymore, so our passing and team yards are off the charts, because the offense has to go the length of the field. Porter, greer and jenkins have stone hands this season.
Robinson has not played well either. We're not exactly sure what Gregg Williams is doing . We were #7 last year, but this year we are #24 or #18 depending where you go. Teams like NE and GB can pass all day on us, and run when there receivers get tired,lol.
I guess you can't have everything, but it would be nice.

Yeah, we look really great right now, Brees and the offense is just in a zone. Thanks, fun to watch. Im just worried about the footing if we have to go to GB, and if it gets to -20 we are going to have a problem. Rodgers has a scary long ball to Jenkins, not sure we can ever cover that.

Pherein, we love you and the Saints, but could we keep this thread on the Pats-Broncos subject?

Last edited:
As a Bronco's fan I had to create an account to argue with a Saints fan on a Patriots message board.???

There is so much fail in your post. You have clearly have not actually seen the Broncos play but rather base your argument on meaningless stats. YPG on offense and Defense mean nothing. I'm very familiar with yardage champions as Denver has one in it's division. San Diego was 1st in both categories last year yet failed to make the playoffs.

Stating that Fox will not change his style is absolutely ridiculous. The Broncos have changed their whole entire offense since Tebow's insertion into the starting line-up.

Also, saying that Denver's 'D' matches up "horribly" with the pats is another indication that you have no clue what you are talking about. Not a lot of teams match up well against Brady and that offense. Denver is a small handful of teams that can lessen his impact. As you stated the Pats defense is getting better, so is Denver's. Denver can rush the passer. QB's have been gun shy all year and have been forced to make quick decisions.

I have seen a lot of Pats games over the years. Tom Brady is amazing. There is no arguing that. I am with all of you that putting Tom and Tim's name in the same sentence is absolutely ridiculous. Brady always seems to be effective because he is able to sit in a clean pocket. Not taking anything away from the guy, but as all QB's when under pressure he gets frustrated. I think the front 7 of Denvers D will be the main reason the Broncos win this game.

The Broncos are not a bad team as stated in your post. They are a very hot, confident, fighting team. It will be a good game that will be fun to watch.

Broncos 17
Patriots 13
What you have shown is nothing more than a complete and utter disrespect for the New England Patriots offense. Crawl back into your cave and don't come out for another four years, when the next time the Broncos and Patriots are scheduled in the regular season.

Last edited:

Believe me, Pherein, I'm pulling for your Saints against the Pack or anyone else in the NFC for that matter.

But the truth is that, in beating the Titans a week ago, the Saint's just won their first outdoor game played after November 30th in the Brees era since 2006. They've never won an outdoor playoff game, losing to the Bears that year and the Seahawks last year.

It's a lot more than the footing that you'll have to worry about if Payton doesn't find a very large meat locker in which they can practice before they go to Lambeau. Just ask Peyton and the Colts how they felt about having to leave their dome to play in Foxboro in January.

My heart is with you guys, but my head says the big chill will win. Dome teams have to get the Home Field advantage if they're going to get to the SB. As far as I can see, the Arizona Cardinals are the only dome team in the last ten years to get to the SB by winning an outdoor playoff game and they did it in the relatively balmy conditions of Carolina, where the actual temperature was probably 30--50 degrees warmer than it will be in Green Bay, with a wind chill maybe 50--70 degrees higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft