PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 Ruled out for Thursday's game (Unconfirmed Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the key will be if the offensive line can keep brady standing. they did a pretty good job against buffalo's front 7 which is pretty deadly as well...that jets secondary is HORRIBLE. so if brady has time he will TEAR them to shreds.

I also have faith that Geno Smith will throw a pick 6 and turn over the ball several times...

It's going to be very wet. I feel like we will see a few turnovers thrus

Connolly and Stork out again. Should be another big test for the OL.
Yeah that is not good against the Jets, they have the best DT tandem in the NFL in my opinion. What is the line going to look like in your opinion? Options -

Solder-Devey-Wendell-Kline-Vollmer
Solder-Cannon-Wendell-Devey-Vollmer
Solder-Cannon-Wendell-Kline-Vollmer

Vereen, Bolden & White should do it for one game. Need an OL sub.
Right now, we have – Solder, Vollmer, Wendell, Devey, Cannon, and Kline as healthy options. I think that Mayo and Ridley will go to injured reserve in the next 24 hours with Barker, Fleming, Bequette, Gray, and Vellano being candidates for a promotion.

When he was asked about Jonas Gray he said typically practice squad guys get called up the day before a game.

My guess is Jonas Gray and Darius Fleming get called up. Although if the 3 OL are out I could see Pats just going with Vereen, Bolden, and White for the game and adding an extra OL instead of Gray.
I do not think Gray is going to be promoted. We have White on the 53-man roster already so he will get the nod. Vereen, Bolden, White, and Develin as are 4 RBs will be solid. Gray could be an option if Bolden or White fail to produce but I think that would be a few weeks.

With Hightower moving off the line to fill the void left by Mayo, I think Bequette is likely to be promoted as the DE/OLB option. If he came in and stepped up in a time like this when we have a huge void, he could make us all eat crow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ls-2013-protocol-for-players-with-concussions

Stork and Connolly must be judged ready to play by two neurologists - one by the team followed by one unaffiliated with the Patriots on the approved NFL/NFLPA list.

I read into this that neither has been approved by two physicians as of Tuesday. That is not to say one or both couldn't be back on Thursday. Hurrying a situation like this seems dangerous in both the short -term and long-term.

It would be nice if the NFL would treat this situations like a temporary IR so that the team could sign somebody to take the pressure off of a speedy recovery and to give teams a chance to have a little depth at whatever position the player with the head injury plays. These injuries are very different than other injuries that have a much more predictable course of treatment and recovery time.

Yeah, I hate to sound pessimistic, but with a 10 day mini-bye coming up, I'm assuming that Belichick will likely choose caution as both are key to our OL moving forward. I don't expect to see them this week.

the key will be if the offensive line can keep brady standing. they did a pretty good job against buffalo's front 7 which is pretty deadly as well...that jets secondary is HORRIBLE. so if brady has time he will TEAR them to shreds.

I also have faith that Geno Smith will throw a pick 6 and turn over the ball several times...

OL play is certainly a factor and in the long run it's the biggest enchilada. However, at least for the Jet's game, I disagree it's the primary key. IMHO the main key to this game is the Patriots' ability to stop the run.

Obviously G Smith/the Jets' passing game just isn't getting it done -- their numbers right now are putrid. Couple that with the expected conditions as well as the loss of Mayo/DT issues and the Jets are, likely, to attack the Patriots in a physical way and on the ground. So if the Patriots run D holds up and puts the Jets in 2nd/3rd and long often? I like our chances a lot even with the Pats' 'transitioning' OL.

OL play is certainly a factor and in the long run it's the biggest enchilada. However, at least for the Jet's game, I disagree it's the primary key. IMHO the main key to this game is the Patriots' ability to stop the run.

Obviously G Smith/the Jets' passing game just isn't getting it done -- their numbers right now are putrid. Couple that with the expected conditions as well as the loss of Mayo/DT issues and the Jets are, likely, to attack the Patriots in a physical way and on the ground. So if the Patriots run D holds up and puts the Jets in 2nd/3rd and long often? I like our chances a lot even with the Pats' 'transitioning' OL.
Most of us expected the Jets passing attack to be where it is. The real surprise is how poor their rushing attack has become. Hopefully the Jets level of ineptitude continues for another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes