PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 Ruled out for Thursday's game (Unconfirmed Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take this report as BS. The CBS report is taking everyone who did not participate in a practice that never actually happened yesterday as them being ruled out. The Pats were required yesterday to give an injury report and state whether a player would have practiced if there was a practice. Since Stork and Connolly didn't have their concussion protocol tests, they would automatically be deemed as not participating.

Let's see who shows up at the actual practice today (the only one of the week) before we are ruling anyone out. Erroneous report by CBS Sports.

And yet, looking at this injury report the only two who've been ruled out are Mayo and Ridley.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../4770074/injury-reports-mayo-ridley-ruled-out

Yeah, it is a bad report by CBS Sports. Even if the other guys aren't playing, the Pats won't list them as out until at least tomorrow. They never would list all these guys as out this early in the week even in a short week. Typically with home games, they never officially list anyone as out unless they have an injury that will push them out for prolonged periods of time. Last week on a travel week, guys like Flemming weren't listed as out until they didn't actually get on the plane to Buffalo.

Damn, I was really hoping we would get one of Stork/Connolly back. Not too excited to see a Kline/Wendell/Devey interior against the Jets' d-line, but they held up fine against the bills who are almost as good, so who knows.

Damn, I was really hoping we would get one of Stork/Connolly back. Not too excited to see a Kline/Wendell/Devey interior against the Jets' d-line, but they held up fine against the bills who are almost as good, so who knows.

Until the practice report comes out today some of us are going with the assumption that Stork and Connolly haven't been ruled out and it was an error because Ridley and Mayo were listed as DNP and Out so someone thought because the other 4 were listed under "DNP" were ruled Out as well.

My guess is that Ridley and Mayo will be on IR before Thursday so this list will change..

Connolly and Stork both out. Going to be very tough night vs the Jets Front.

Connolly and Stork both out. Going to be very tough night vs the Jets Front.

They are not out yet. I think Connoly will not play (too short of time to go through the concussion protocol), but I think there is a good chance that Stork will unless he got a major concussion.

Note to any moderator. Can we put a disclaimer in the title of this thread that this is unconfirmed? Not one local guy has confirmed anyone but Mayo and Ridley and the injury report contradicts this report. I think CBS Sports made a mistake.

I take this report as BS. The CBS report is taking everyone who did not participate in a practice that never actually happened yesterday as them being ruled out. The Pats were required yesterday to give an injury report and state whether a player would have practiced if there was a practice. Since Stork and Connolly didn't have their concussion protocol tests, they would automatically be deemed as not participating.

Let's see who shows up at the actual practice today (the only one of the week) before we are ruling anyone out. Erroneous report by CBS Sports.

It isn't BS; just an error on part of the FF syndicate attached to CBS. Most likely they misread the practice participation report as the actual game report.

Wish we could have gotten Stork back. Going to be an interesting o-line this week. I'm guessing:
Solder, Cannon, Wendell, Kline, Vollmer. I'd also like to see how Gray can do, he is a bigger back and did
well in the preseason. Hopefully, Browner and Hightower are good to go as well.

It isn't BS; just an error on part of the FF syndicate attached to CBS. Most likely they misread the practice participation report as the actual game report.

It is BS because it is wrong (at least right now only Mayo and Ridley are ruled out). I do agree that it is more likely an error in reading the injury report than anything else.

We can beat the jets without stork and connelly. We beat the bills with a makeshift offensive line, we can certainly beat the jets (though their d-line is going to show a lot of dog). I just want to see these guys and hightower/browner healthy by the denver game in a few weeks.

But isnt the patriots website have this listed?

Considering Ridley is out and the middle O line is "weak", expecting more sweeps to the outside.

The only good news from that is browner and hightower may suit up. However, we need stork, fleming and connolly healthy for the broncos in a few weeks. Jets are going to have some dog in them on thursday for sure...
I like stork, but i read last spring that he had a history of being injured in college. And it seems so far that history has followed him into the pros

You are right. They do, but I have a feeling that they may have listed it wrong. Mike Reiss listed the actual injury report as it is submitted to the league. I think the Patriots' webmaster must have gotten it wrong.

We will see later today.

http://www.patriots.com/news/articl...y-Report/ca3167e5-22cd-49c2-9971-da248d97d5b5

Seems like every beat writer or various site that report injury reports have what Reiss had

So is it all those people were wrong or did the Patriots webmaster read something wrong?

That sucks obviously, but good to know Browner will likely be out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore