PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

53 Man Predictions after Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually a big Gaffney supporter but I'm not sure he is such a lock to make this roster as we all believe. He has 28 carries for 86 yards when you remove his 44 yard run from the equation.

I think Gaffney and Foster are going to be at risk of players not on the roster currently taking their spots.

Blount
Gaffney
White
Foster
Develin

I have forseen this.

Blount
Gaffney
White
Foster
Develin

I have forseen this.

What's scary is that is what Trollin Volin posted as well..
It has to give one pause when you agree with Volin..

What's scary is that is what Trollin Volin posted as well..
It has to give one pause when you agree with Volin..

Oh s**t.

I need to change it immediately.

Blount
Gaffney
White
Foster
Develin

I have forseen this.
You are giving Foster a roster spot based on the 9 snaps he played against third string players at the end of a preseason game.

You are giving Foster a roster spot based on the 9 snaps he played against third string players at the end of a preseason game.
To be fair I think it's based on a little more than that. There's a reason why foster got a lot of interest as an UDFA, and it's easy to see him being a great fit in this offense and exactly the kind of depth we need while White recovers. If Lewis was healthy I see no way that Foster makes this team, but that injury gives him an opening, at least.

I'm not entirely sold, since I think Bolden can do a lot of that as well while contributing to continuity and ST. But on the scale of "surprising cuts" I've seen the Pats make in the Belichick era, axing Bolden to keep Foster wouldn't move the needle much. And if it happens, it won't be based on the 9 snaps he played the other night. Or at least only in small part because of that.

As I type this, Branden Oliver just injured his achilles. That's another team that will likely claim Foster if we attempt to get him to the PS.

I'm cheating. I'm staying at 56 for now.

I think BB is going to be playing a ton of roster games over the next 2 weeks.

QB (2) J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (5) J.Develin, J.White, T.Gaffney, D.Foster, L.Blount
WR (5) J.Edelman, M.Mitchell, M.Slater, K.Martin, C.Hogan
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, A.Derby, M.Bennett
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) J.Thuney, T.Karras, C.Barker, J.Kline
T (4) N.Solder, L.Waddle, C.Fleming, M.Cannon
DE (4) J.Sheard, C.Long, T.Flowers, G.Grissom
DT (5) M.Brown, A.Branch, T.Knighton, A.Johnson, V.Valentine
ILB(2) D.Hightower, J.Collins
OLB(4) S.McClellin, B.Mingo, K.Grugier-Hill, J.Freeny
CB (7) M.Butler, L.Ryan, C.Jones, D.Roberts, J.Coleman, C.LeBlanc, J.Jones,
SS (4) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner, B.King
FS (2) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

TB12- Week 5
PUP- Lewis, Vollmer, Nink, DA, Jackson, Cooper, Vollmer, Mason

Clearly they are not going to keep 7 CBs. Pick 2 of the 4 after Cyrus after the 4th game.

Correct.

*Brady Sus

RB (5) J.Develin, J.White, T.Gaffney, B.Bolden, L.Blount

*Lewis Pup
*D.J. Foster practice squad.

WR (4) J.Edelman, M.Mitchell, A.Dobson, C.Hogan

*Amendola PUP
*Lucien Practice squad

C (1) D.Andrews

G (5) S.Mason, J.Thuney, C.Barker, J.Kline, Cooper

I hate giving Cooper a spot over Karras, but I hope he can contribute.
*Tre Jackson PUP

T (3) N.Solder, M.Cannon, L.Waddle

S.Vollmer IR to return?

DE (4) R.Ninkovich, J.Sheard, T.Flowers, C.Long

*Johnson and Grissom can't stick. If Nink gets IR'd, we keep Grissom.

DT (5) M.Brown, V.Valentine, A.Johnson, M.Kuhn, A.Branch

*Branch or Knighton needs to go.

ILB(2) E.Roberts, D.Hightower

OLB(5) J.Collins, S.McClellin, K.Grugier-Hill, B.Mingo, J.Freeny

CB (5) M.Butler, C.Jones, C.LeBlanc, J.Jones, L.Ryan

Coleman was a stopgap, and we need to keep as much of this young talent as possible with Ryan and Butler's contracts coming up. Hate cutting Roberts, but its either him or LeBlanc.

SS (3) B.King, N.Ebner, P.Chung

*Jordan Richards is a tough cut. He contributes on special teams, but he can't cover like Harmon or play box safety like Chung. Maybe he beats out Ebner, but I hope he doesn't stick over one of the young cornerbacks.

ST (4) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona, M.Slater

I'm cheating. I'm staying at 56 for now.

I think BB is going to be playing a ton of roster games over the next 2 weeks.

RB (5) J.Develin, J.White, T.Gaffney, D.Foster, L.Blount
WR (5) J.Edelman, M.Mitchell, M.Slater, K.Martin, C.Hogan
C (1) D.Andrews
G (4) J.Thuney, T.Karras, C.Barker, J.Kline
T (4) N.Solder, L.Waddle, C.Fleming, M.Cannon
DE (4) J.Sheard, C.Long, T.Flowers, G.Grissom
DT (5) M.Brown, A.Branch, T.Knighton, A.Johnson, V.Valentine
ILB(2) D.Hightower, J.Collins
OLB(4) S.McClellin, B.Mingo, K.Grugier-Hill, J.Freeny
CB (7) M.Butler, L.Ryan, C.Jones, D.Roberts, J.Coleman, C.LeBlanc, J.Jones,
SS (4) P.Chung, J.Richards, N.Ebner, B.King
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

TB12- Week 5
PUP- Lewis, Vollmer, Nink, DA, Jackson, Cooper, Vollmer, Mason

Clearly they are not going to keep 7 CBs. Pick 2 of the 4 after Cyrus after the 4th game.
Ninkovich, Cooper, and Mason do not qualify for PUP because they have all practiced.

Ninkovich, Cooper, and Mason do not qualify for PUP because they have all practiced.

d%#*!@t thats right. Well then they go on the 53 then.

You can't do it while being fair to the player.
Dude did you really dislike my post? Are you 15? Is this Reddit?

Anyway I removed some best runs from RBs who were tops in the league last year.

Peterson - 4.30 yard
Bell - 4.58 yards
Gurley - 4.53 yard

I should dislike your original post since it is "wrong" and really who likes things that are "wrong"?

I'm sure Gaffney appreciates your effort even though......[emoji849][emoji33][emoji39][emoji6][emoji8]

To be fair I think it's based on a little more than that. There's a reason why foster got a lot of interest as an UDFA, and it's easy to see him being a great fit in this offense and exactly the kind of depth we need while White recovers. If Lewis was healthy I see no way that Foster makes this team, but that injury gives him an opening, at least.

I'm not entirely sold, since I think Bolden can do a lot of that as well while contributing to continuity and ST. But on the scale of "surprising cuts" I've seen the Pats make in the Belichick era, axing Bolden to keep Foster wouldn't move the needle much. And if it happens, it won't be based on the 9 snaps he played the other night. Or at least only in small part because of that.

As I type this, Branden Oliver just injured his achilles. That's another team that will likely claim Foster if we attempt to get him to the PS.
As Belichick pointed out there are over a 1000 players that hit waivers over the next week and only about 30 waiver claims.

I like Foster and have since college, he was in several of my mock drafts, I would like to keep him but I'm not going to put him on my roster until I see him make it through a full week of practice healthy.

As Belichick pointed out there are over a 1000 players that hit waivers over the next week and only about 30 waiver claims.

I like Foster and have since college, he was in several of my mock drafts, I would like to keep him but I'm not going to put him on my roster until I see him make it through a full week of practice healthy.

Lets assume he does and does well again vs NY.

He needs to stick.

Anyway I removed some best runs from RBs who were tops in the league last year.

Peterson - 4.30 yard
Bell - 4.58 yards
Gurley - 4.53 yard
You removed the best out of just 29 runs for Gaffney. Peterson, to use the first you listed, had 327 rushing attempts last year. To have the invalid "removal of best runs" have the same affect you would have to remove Peterson's best 11 runs last year. Your presentation is wholly invalid without removing the appropriate percentage. And you should really do it for a middling starter not the best backs in the league. I know I referenced "all RB" but no-one thinks Gaffney is Adrian Peterson. Take, say, CJ Anderson and remove his top 5 runs (152 carries last year compared to Gaffney's 29) and see what his average is. Simply taking out one moves it from 4.70 to 4.45. Now take out 4 more so the removal will have the same affect.

You're playing with stats to prove a point and you aren't doing it in a valid way. I'm not even a big Gaffney fan but taking out 1 out of 29 runs just because you want to is ridiculous. You took out 1 run from a much bigger sample for your stats above.

Last edited:
I read your entire post and disagreed with your initial assessment of Bolden. And I used the Panthers game as proof.

Your point is meaningless if your initial assessment is bogus.
So Bolden has been kept on this team for what ? Are you disputing his pass protection and special teams play hasn't been exceptional amongst his rb peers for the last 2 seasons?

He isn't on the team because he can run the ball well consistently and he's an OK receiving option again as a back uo....just a decent backup who excels in two areas belichick puts great emphasis on.

The Panthers game is one game... up until this preseason there's hasn't been a player who makes him easily expendable. Now we have many..... players who can play special teams and 2 runnings backs who might be able to replicate what he does offensively while offering MORE.

You removed the best out of just 29 runs for Gaffney. Peterson, to use the first you listed, had 327 rushing attempts last year. To have the invalid "removal of best runs" have the same affect you would have to remove Peterson's best 11 runs last year. Your presentation is wholly invalid without removing the appropriate percentage. And you should really do it for a middling starter not the best backs in the league. I know I referenced "all RB" but no-one thinks Gaffney is Adrian Peterson. Take, say, CJ Anderson and remove his top 5 runs (152 carries last year compared to Gaffney's 29) and see what his average is. Simply taking out one moves it from 4.70 to 4.45. Now take out 4 more so the removal will have the same affect.

You're playing with stats to prove a point and you aren't doing it in a valid way. I'm not even a big Gaffney fan but taking out 1 out of 29 runs just because you want to is ridiculous. You took out 1 run from a much bigger sample for your stats above.
So now you are changing what you said? I took 1 run out because that is what you said to do, now you are changing it because it makes you look wrong.

Why is it ridiculous to look at 97% of what Gaffney has done? Do you know how dumb that sounds like we just ignore the fact he averaged 3.0 yards per carry on all his other carries because it is not fair to take out the one run.

Your position here is weak, I can look at the bulk of his body of work if I want and ignore the anomaly, where do you think the "even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes" or "even a broken clock is right twice a day" statements come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes